• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Swatting is " domestic terrorism"? 15yr old given 25 to life - outrageous

davidmcbeth

Banned
Terrorism is generally defined as an act taken to change a political view.

http://www.nymeta.co/15-year-old-sw...rce=ef&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=swattingef

Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69, was upset after being repeatedly beaten by a fellow gamer at Battlefield 4. After obtaining the rival gamers information, prosecutors say Horner called police and reported a murder/hostage situation at the home. SWAT team then raided the house, shooting and critically injuring the “Livestreamer’s” father in the process. Following an investigation of the incident, Horner was charged as an adult, using provisions of the 2001 Patriot Act.

Granted the kid should be punished .. but murderers get off with less.

Its not terrorism at all as well. Now they are calling almost anything "terrorism". Either it has lost its meaning or people are too uneducated to know its meaning. I would not have found the 15 yr old guilty of terrorism.

While in China ... a kid cuts a skyscraper worker's safety rope and gets a stern talking to

A spokesman from the local fire service said the boy acted on impulse when the drilling made it difficult for him to hear his cartoons.
His father, Tang Peng, said the boy has apologised and the family have brought Mr Liu a new rope.
He said: ‘We also gave him a good talking too and explained what he did was very dangerous.
‘He has promised he will not do something similar again.’

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/29/workm...illing-disturbed-his-cartoon-tv-show-4850320/

Last edited:

Maverick9

In the 'Swatting' incident, as I understand it one of the victim' fathers was killed. I think the sentence should stand. If he's good maybe he'll get parole in 8 years.

The Truth

I saw the video of the online gamer "SWAT-ing" the other day**. I personally feel that the punishment for this should be swift and extremely harsh. Knowingly lying about a murder, posing as the murderer over the phone to summon a tactical, militarized sub-sect of the Police to attack an innocent person is psycho stuff. I'm just glad the kid didn't get shot and killed for having something in his hand that looked like a gun. This is unequivocally unacceptable.

I know the charges are a hoax, but I'm honestly really having trouble being convinced that stuff like this is not "Domestic Terrorism."

**http://fox13now.com/2014/08/28/caught-on-video-gamer-held-at-gunpoint-in-swatting-hoax/

Shovelhead

I guess your definition would depend on which side of the door you're on when the battering ram hits it, followed by a squad of armed "Ninjas" at OMG O'clock in the morning.

If real, I'd call it Terrorism.

Last edited:

wimwag

I'd call stalking ones ex wife a form of terrorism. It isn't stalking if you love her, right Doug?

Saxxon

While it may be a hoax, such a situation has happened and most often by liberals trying to endanger the lives of conservative persona. They started this well over a decade ago before the Patriot Act.

There is no doubt in my mind that it is done with the intent to cause harm, the very act of intentionally calling in an armed police repsonse on an innocent party is done knowing that the innocent party may well be shot in the encounter they have no reason to expect is coming (and thus would very reasonably be indignant when confronted as they were not engaged in any act to warrant the response).

Were this situation true, 25 to life is certainly reasonable. The fact that some murderers get off with less is irrelevant - they should have gotten stiff sentences as well.

Unless of course you are referring to cases where people who were defending themselves and the political winds were against them but were thankfully acquitted by a jury. Like George Zimmerman, Roderick Scott or now this cop in Ferguson, MO who shot a violent felon on his way home from work who charged at him to attack him a second time.

The Truth

[snip]...or now this cop in Ferguson, MO who shot a violent felon* on his way home from work** who charged at him to attack him a second time***.

I enjoyed your post until you added this bit of nonsense.

1) * No. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/14/michael-brown-no-record/14041457/
2) ** Cite?
3) *** That's one story, but it's disingenuous to state it as fact as much as it would be disingenuous for me to state that the cop is guilty of murder.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
While it may be a hoax, such a situation has happened and most often by liberals trying to endanger the lives of conservative persona. They started this well over a decade ago before the Patriot Act.

There is no doubt in my mind that it is done with the intent to cause harm, the very act of intentionally calling in an armed police repsonse on an innocent party is done knowing that the innocent party may well be shot in the encounter they have no reason to expect is coming (and thus would very reasonably be indignant when confronted as they were not engaged in any act to warrant the response).

Were this situation true, 25 to life is certainly reasonable. The fact that some murderers get off with less is irrelevant - they should have gotten stiff sentences as well.

True, but the situation is precisely identical to the "conservative" who calls the police down on his pot-smoking neighbor; only the parties are reversed. And we know that happens all the time.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Any action causing the police solders to come to someone's house is unforgivable.

But "domestic terrorism" is simply a fund raising slogan. First propagated by the conservatives and now also progressives to pull the sheeple's strings.

Anything anti-establishment is "domestic terrorism". I'm sure I've been added to some domestic terrorism list when I was trying to get a phase trending around the web - "Every time a cop gets shot an angel gets her wings." Meh. It didn't catch on.

OC for ME

99.99% of SWAT raids seem like domestic terrorism to me, regardless of who or what prompts the raid.
36_2_68.gif

False reports.
575.080. 1. A person commits the crime of making a false report if he knowingly:
4. Making a false report is a class B misdemeanor.
Not that big of a deal.

If a SWAT cop shoots a citizen as a result of their act, that is on the cop.

Shovelhead

(Concise Encyclopedia)
terrorism
noun
Systematic use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective.
It has been used throughout history by political organizations of both the left and the right, by nationalist and ethnic groups, and by revolutionaries.

Just because the caller uses the PoPo as a tool to create the violence, shouldn't insulate them from the resulting terror the homeowner and family feels, or the violence that may ensue when the PoPo breaks down the door.

Last edited:

OC for ME

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

• Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
  • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
  • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition
Sounds about right to me. SWAT must be sent to the ash heap of LE history.

davidmcbeth

Banned
36_2_68.gif

Not that big of a deal.

If a SWAT cop shoots a citizen as a result of their act, that is on the cop.

"I heard someone say that they were going to cause problems"..."concerned, brainwashed citizen

"OK boys, get that MRAD out and start mowing them down! We'll blame any deaths on the person, if we ever catch the suspect."