• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any SDA Instructors Here? I Need Some Help

creede55

I have completed CLEET certification and gotten my packet of papers and forms, I applied to the OSBI to get my instructors certificate, 60ish days later they have mailed me a duplicate handgun license that is identical to the one I already had except for the picture. I know the OSBI sends you a handgun licence with your certificate when you register as an instructor so I am wondering if the two are supposed to arrive separately or did the OSBI screw up?

Mixael

I would think that, on this issue, you really need to just call or email the OSBI. (Emailing them will probably get a response of "call us at this number," though.)

Glock 1st fan

I have completed CLEET certification and gotten my packet of papers and forms, I applied to the OSBI to get my instructors certificate, 60ish days later they have mailed me a duplicate handgun license that is identical to the one I already had except for the picture. I know the OSBI sends you a handgun licence with your certificate when you register as an instructor so I am wondering if the two are supposed to arrive separately or did the OSBI screw up?

Your instructors license will not look any different then your regular license. You should receive seperately your OSBI certificate and curriculum. If you have not received it yet call OSBI as I know they sometimes just look over the apps as they get so many and sometimes dont notice the checked box. One call will usually clear that up.