Thread: Boot holster

Boot holster

I like to wear cowboy boots a lot and am wondering if there is a holster made for cowboy boots? This way I and carry conceal sometimes.

Gregg

Every leather OC holster is made for cowboy boots.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-01-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post
    I like to wear cowboy boots a lot and am wondering if there is a holster made for cowboy boots? This way I and carry conceal sometimes.

Gregg
    They are made but I haven't found one that worked if you are talking about a clip on style. I use an ankle band instead. I wear both slip on and lace up boots with the ankle band.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Every leather OC holster is made for cowboy boots.
    Color coordinate gun, holster and boots. Ladies like a guy with a fashion sense.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

But how do ankle holsters work with skinny jeans?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

What kind of gun do you plan to carry?

Years ago I worked for a buddy doing custom leather and canvas work and bought one of those .38 double barrel Derringers. The high top stove pipe boots were popular (square toe, 2 brass rings with leather straps around the ankle). I soaked some good garment leather in warm water, wrapped the gun in plastic wrap and stitched around the gun on the outside of left boot and let it dry. Worked very well.

A buddy (with skinny legs) use to use a nylon clip on IWB holster to carry a J frame S&W inside his left boot. Lots of options out there.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post

Gregg

This looks pretty uncomfortable to me.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I used to carry a pig sticker in my boot when young. I stopped that habit after I lost my knife while wrastling a suspect from a high speed chase on I-55. Could have been bad if the suspect had picked it up, fortunately a trooper spotted the loose knife and grabbed it before something bad could happen. Ankle or boot is the last place I would carry, but YMMV.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I used to carry a pig sticker in my boot when young. I stopped that habit after I lost my knife while wrastling a suspect from a high speed chase on I-55. Could have been bad if the suspect had picked it up, fortunately a trooper spotted the loose knife and grabbed it before something bad could happen. Ankle or boot is the last place I would carry, but YMMV.
    Is wrastling like wrestling? I thought wrastling was done behind closed doors....

Maybe if you wrestled him instead of "wrastled" him you would've won and not lost your "pig sticker" (why would u stab yourself? )

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

I used wrastling because I knew some dufus would be along shortly to make something of it...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I used wrastling because I knew some dufus would be along shortly to make something of it...
    Nice. When he gets here let us know

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

This looks pretty uncomfortable to me.
    As I said he had skinny legs, toothpick like, me, I have trouble finding boots with enough room for my calf.