• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Four very good OC encounters and one meh

duckdog

So does backwoods woodtooth lazy eyed redneck clothing. Derrrrrrp lookie herr! Ah gots a dayer stickah on mah tuhruck. Mah maw an paw is brother an sister.

Listen up Cletus. I'm a 6'3" 225 lb man. I look and act like a man. Rarely does anybody speak to me the way you do on here. Were I standing in front of you, you would be quiet.

Now your just plainly talking out your butt because you mouth probably knows better than to say this crap you' spewing. It's clear that you've brought your unlucky encounters to this forum now, only now with the other members. I suspected it would only be a matter of time.

I suspect you do not look and act like a man at all. In fact, most likely just the opposite. Please stop trying to "represent" us fellow gun owners. You're only making things worse. Enough said.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I suspect you do not look and act like a man at all. In fact, most likely just the opposite. Please stop trying to "represent" us fellow gun owners. You're only making things worse. Enough said.

You might be right on the first count, but I think it's cool. What with all the jackwads carrying long guns into Krogers, I don't think a little diversity in handgun OC will do us any harm. Might actually be good at least to help destroy some stereotypes.

Far as behavior goes, a gun carrier who doesn't maintain control of his emotions will likely end up in jail with a brandishing charge or similar, so it's probably fairly self-limiting.

But, yeah, that wasn't a very mature response.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
In this particular case, Wisconsin does not have a prohibition on brandishing and is a traditional open carry state. Indeed,

Yes, I recalled that tidbid, hence the "or other". Same difference; frankly I think an explicit brandishing charge is unnecessary given assault laws etc. My statement was intended to be a general one, not specific to the esteemed wimwag.

Last edited:

wimwag

Now your just plainly talking out your butt because you mouth probably knows better than to say this crap you' spewing. It's clear that you've brought your unlucky encounters to this forum now, only now with the other members. I suspected it would only be a matter of time.

I don't try and represent you ma'am. I represent myself. I have no need to associate with jackwads like you.

wimwag

You might be right on the first count, but I think it's cool. What with all the jackwads carrying long guns into Krogers, I don't think a little diversity in handgun OC will do us any harm. Might actually be good at least to help destroy some stereotypes.

Far as behavior goes, a gun carrier who doesn't maintain control of his emotions will likely end up in jail with a brandishing charge or similar, so it's probably fairly self-limiting.

But, yeah, that wasn't a very mature response.

What you don't seem to get about the Second Amendment is that the carry of whatever the hell someone wants to carry is a right and is not subject to the butthurt or opinions of others. If a citizen wants to carry a sword, mace, mourning star, flail, cattle prod, bostaff, nunchaku, spiked bat, shotgun, derringer or baseball for self defense, that's up to the citizen. Not you. If I choose to carry a jar of Ragu to bust on the skull of anyone stupid enough to attack me, your stupid worthless opinion is null and void. A right is a right. The sooner the rest of you "open carriers" get that through your heads, the sooner we defeat the antis at every legal impasse.

wimwag

I'll add another good OC encounter. Today I went on Dakota's Bubba Ride (a horse ride thing benefiting Special Olympics) and with about 300 horses, plus the 40 it so people riding the wagons, nobody said anything about my OC for the over 8 hours I was there. I even saw some lady OCing a revolver. Had a great time.

Primus

What you don't seem to get about the Second Amendment is that the carry of whatever the hell someone wants to carry is a right and is not subject to the butthurt or opinions of others. If a citizen wants to carry a sword, mace, mourning star, flail, cattle prod, bostaff, nunchaku, spiked bat, shotgun, derringer or baseball for self defense, that's up to the citizen. Not you. If I choose to carry a jar of Ragu to bust on the skull of anyone stupid enough to attack me, your stupid worthless opinion is null and void. A right is a right. The sooner the rest of you "open carriers" get that through your heads, the sooner we defeat the antis at every legal impasse.
Carry a baseball for self defense? What are you Roger Clemens? Or a s******** Yankee pitcher?

Do those come in holsters or pocket carry? Maybe a bandoleer? That would be funny. Max effective range of 6 feet...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

What you don't seem to get is reading comprehension.

I have never impugned your right, as you'd know if you were able to reason without getting "butthurt" over a little criticism. As I've said time and time again, I don't give a damn if you want to OC dressed like a child.

Remind me not to utter a word in your defense again.

Last edited: