Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Airport Carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member JohnM15A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    234

    Airport Carry

    Just saw this video of a dude carrying a firearm in to the Medford airport and asked the LEO questions about it. Is this for real? In VA one cannot do this

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvIiJeB7hhs
    "Just because I'm paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me"
    NRA Lifetime Member

  2. #2
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    Yes it is legit.

    The carrier has a CHL and with such is able to carry in "public buildings" which the airport is considered.

    The uniformed individual is private security, not LEO. Part of the reason for the carry into the airport was to check the reaction of the recently hired private security (used to be LEO).

    I live in Medford, know the individual carrying, and have carried with him on numerous occasions.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Ironbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    385
    Warren Drouin is one of those individuals who's bound and determined to get our rights taken away. Good going Warren!

  4. #4
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    uh, why did he walk to the terminal?

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    As I understand Virginia law, one may openly carry onto airport property, e.g., parking lots etc., but may not carry into Air Carrier airport terminal buildings. See https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-287.01.

    I believe that this applies specifically to Commercial Air Carrier Terminals such as Dulles, Reagan, Norfolk, etc., where commercial passenger aircraft operate, but not to smaller regional airports. I did see a list at one time that showed the six or seven commercial airports where you may NOT enter the terminal building while carrying, but there is also a letter from the Chief of MWAA saying that it's ok to carry on the parking lots or roadways outside the terminal building.

    Even at Virginia airports where it is ok to carry inside the terminal building, you may not carry into controlled areas, i.e., past the TSA checkpoint.

    I need to find the reference for this and will post it when I do.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  6. #6
    Regular Member Ironbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    uh, why did he walk to the terminal?

    ipse
    See post #4 right above yours. Your answer is there. I cannot say anything stronger than that or I'd get banned again.

  7. #7
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    uh, why did he walk to the terminal?

    ipse
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    Warren Drouin is one of those individuals who's bound and determined to get our rights taken away. Good going Warren!
    Because ,, He is a Big stupid DlCK!!
    Confronting airport cops with his gun and his camera, just to make a video for the youtube...
    click the link in the 1st post,,, watch this Damn fool for your self...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  8. #8
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    IN OREGON

    It is absolutely legal. Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant. It doesn't matter WHY someone carries, ONLY that they do so legally.....assuming that the law is legal in the first place.

    Are you aware that there are over 100 cities in this state with unlawful prohibitions of firearms? Those laws I will ignore for state preemption under ORS 166.170 trumps those city regulations.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Ironbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    IN OREGON

    It is absolutely legal. Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant. It doesn't matter WHY someone carries, ONLY that they do so legally.....assuming that the law is legal in the first place.

    Are you aware that there are over 100 cities in this state with unlawful prohibitions of firearms? Those laws I will ignore for state preemption under ORS 166.170 trumps those city regulations.
    WRONG sir! WRONG! Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant??? I SERIOUSLY wish I could tell you what I think of that ignorant statement without getting banned! Just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing! Like it or not, the sheeple of this or any other state are scared of anyone not a cop who's carrying a gun around, ESPECIALLY A LONG GUN! It DOES matter why someone carries a gun around- IT'S CALLED PUBLIC PERCEPTION! And like THAT or not, we ALL have to deal with the consequences of fools like Warren Drouin who only have to piss off just the right people and POOF! There goes your precious state preemption law. You think that law is set in stone or something? Gads.
    Last edited by Ironbar; 09-15-2014 at 07:18 AM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    IN OREGON

    It is absolutely legal. Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant. It doesn't matter WHY someone carries, ONLY that they do so legally.....assuming that the law is legal in the first place.

    Are you aware that there are over 100 cities in this state with unlawful prohibitions of firearms? Those laws I will ignore for state preemption under ORS 166.170 trumps those city regulations.

    You are right. "Shall not be infringed" why is this so hard of a concept for some gun owners?

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    WRONG sir! WRONG! Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant??? I SERIOUSLY wish I could tell you what I think of that ignorant statement without getting banned! Just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing! Like it or not, the sheeple of this or any other state are scared of anyone not a cop who's carrying a gun around, ESPECIALLY A LONG GUN! It DOES matter why someone carries a gun around- IT'S CALLED PUBLIC PERCEPTION! And like THAT or not, we ALL have to deal with the consequences of fools like Warren Drouin who only have to piss off just the right people and POOF! There goes your precious state preemption law. You think that law is set in stone or something? Gads.

    I just don't feel like spending time writing out multiple paragraphs why you are wrong, as others have done on this site with others that say "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT".

  12. #12
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    WRONG sir! WRONG! Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant??? I SERIOUSLY wish I could tell you what I think of that ignorant statement without getting banned! Just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing! Like it or not, the sheeple of this or any other state are scared of anyone not a cop who's carrying a gun around, ESPECIALLY A LONG GUN! It DOES matter why someone carries a gun around- IT'S CALLED PUBLIC PERCEPTION! And like THAT or not, we ALL have to deal with the consequences of fools like Warren Drouin who only have to piss off just the right people and POOF! There goes your precious state preemption law. You think that law is set in stone or something? Gads.
    1) It is lawful under the statutes of the state of Oregon.
    2) It is his RIGHT under BOTH the federal and Oregon state Constitutions.
    3) I have open carried since August of 2009 EXCLUSIVELY and have encountered exactly ONE person who was actually afraid of my weapons......a small child in a very liberal town who was far too young to have developed any fear of weapons on her own.
    4) Due to Warren Drouin's activism, Medford police no longer ILLEGALLY detain individuals, seize their property, run their ID, run their serial numbers, drag OC'ers out of movie theaters, or cuff law abiding citizens who merely have the audacity to walk into the police station with a handgun on their side. He has made a difference for the better.
    5) While long gun open carry is not condoned on this site, it was instrumental in defeating a set of local ordinances proposed in Ashland. Long gun open carry in their town, as part of the overall strategy, basically forced them to open their eyes and realize that they could not stop open carry but would actually bring more, and more visible, open carry to their town. A town who's economy depends upon tourism. The comments of councilors when they voted 5-1 (plus the Mayor stating that he would have voted no) specifically mentioned the "in your face" activism that they had seen as a result of their consideration of the ordinances.
    6) Make no mistake, those who wish to restrict our right to keep and BEAR arms will NOT stop trying to do so simply because pro second amendment folks stop doing activism. It doesn't matter if you open carry or conceal, they want to get rid of guns and merely putting them out of sight (or less visible) will NOT stop that. They are after them PERIOD and no amount of capitulation or compromise will change that FACT. In FACT, compromise is why we are where we are.

    Bottom line, like it or not, it's his RIGHT and lawful. So, you either support his second amendment RIGHT or, you are part of the problem.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

  13. #13
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    1) It is lawful under the statutes of the state of Oregon.
    2) It is his RIGHT under BOTH the federal and Oregon state Constitutions.
    3) I have open carried since August of 2009 EXCLUSIVELY and have encountered exactly ONE person who was actually afraid of my weapons......a small child in a very liberal town who was far too young to have developed any fear of weapons on her own.
    4) Due to Warren Drouin's activism, Medford police no longer ILLEGALLY detain individuals, seize their property, run their ID, run their serial numbers, drag OC'ers out of movie theaters, or cuff law abiding citizens who merely have the audacity to walk into the police station with a handgun on their side. He has made a difference for the better.
    5) While long gun open carry is not condoned on this site, it was instrumental in defeating a set of local ordinances proposed in Ashland. Long gun open carry in their town, as part of the overall strategy, basically forced them to open their eyes and realize that they could not stop open carry but would actually bring more, and more visible, open carry to their town. A town who's economy depends upon tourism. The comments of councilors when they voted 5-1 (plus the Mayor stating that he would have voted no) specifically mentioned the "in your face" activism that they had seen as a result of their consideration of the ordinances.
    6) Make no mistake, those who wish to restrict our right to keep and BEAR arms will NOT stop trying to do so simply because pro second amendment folks stop doing activism. It doesn't matter if you open carry or conceal, they want to get rid of guns and merely putting them out of sight (or less visible) will NOT stop that. They are after them PERIOD and no amount of capitulation or compromise will change that FACT. In FACT, compromise is why we are where we are.

    Bottom line, like it or not, it's his RIGHT and lawful. So, you either support his second amendment RIGHT or, you are part of the problem.
    Well said and I personally enjoy watching Warren's videos and I hope he keeps it up.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rogue River
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    1) It is lawful under the statutes of the state of Oregon.
    2) It is his RIGHT under BOTH the federal and Oregon state Constitutions.
    3) I have open carried since August of 2009 EXCLUSIVELY and have encountered exactly ONE person who was actually afraid of my weapons......a small child in a very liberal town who was far too young to have developed any fear of weapons on her own.
    4) Due to Warren Drouin's activism, Medford police no longer ILLEGALLY detain individuals, seize their property, run their ID, run their serial numbers, drag OC'ers out of movie theaters, or cuff law abiding citizens who merely have the audacity to walk into the police station with a handgun on their side. He has made a difference for the better.
    5) While long gun open carry is not condoned on this site, it was instrumental in defeating a set of local ordinances proposed in Ashland. Long gun open carry in their town, as part of the overall strategy, basically forced them to open their eyes and realize that they could not stop open carry but would actually bring more, and more visible, open carry to their town. A town who's economy depends upon tourism. The comments of councilors when they voted 5-1 (plus the Mayor stating that he would have voted no) specifically mentioned the "in your face" activism that they had seen as a result of their consideration of the ordinances.
    6) Make no mistake, those who wish to restrict our right to keep and BEAR arms will NOT stop trying to do so simply because pro second amendment folks stop doing activism. It doesn't matter if you open carry or conceal, they want to get rid of guns and merely putting them out of sight (or less visible) will NOT stop that. They are after them PERIOD and no amount of capitulation or compromise will change that FACT. In FACT, compromise is why we are where we are.

    Bottom line, like it or not, it's his RIGHT and lawful. So, you either support his second amendment RIGHT or, you are part of the problem.
    Well spoken and thank you for your words, anyone that believes otherwise is misinformed.

  15. #15
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    WRONG sir! WRONG! Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant??? I SERIOUSLY wish I could tell you what I think of that ignorant statement without getting banned! Just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing! Like it or not, the sheeple of this or any other state are scared of anyone not a cop who's carrying a gun around, ESPECIALLY A LONG GUN! It DOES matter why someone carries a gun around- IT'S CALLED PUBLIC PERCEPTION! And like THAT or not, we ALL have to deal with the consequences of fools like Warren Drouin who only have to piss off just the right people and POOF! There goes your precious state preemption law. You think that law is set in stone or something? Gads.
    There was a phrase I've read recently.... something like, "A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!" Now where was it.... OH, that's right--- ON THIS FORUM!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •