• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Airport Carry

We-the-People

Yes it is legit.

The carrier has a CHL and with such is able to carry in "public buildings" which the airport is considered.

The uniformed individual is private security, not LEO. Part of the reason for the carry into the airport was to check the reaction of the recently hired private security (used to be LEO).

I live in Medford, know the individual carrying, and have carried with him on numerous occasions.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
As I understand Virginia law, one may openly carry onto airport property, e.g., parking lots etc., but may not carry into Air Carrier airport terminal buildings. See https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-287.01.

I believe that this applies specifically to Commercial Air Carrier Terminals such as Dulles, Reagan, Norfolk, etc., where commercial passenger aircraft operate, but not to smaller regional airports. I did see a list at one time that showed the six or seven commercial airports where you may NOT enter the terminal building while carrying, but there is also a letter from the Chief of MWAA saying that it's ok to carry on the parking lots or roadways outside the terminal building.

Even at Virginia airports where it is ok to carry inside the terminal building, you may not carry into controlled areas, i.e., past the TSA checkpoint.

I need to find the reference for this and will post it when I do.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

uh, why did he walk to the terminal?

ipse

Warren Drouin is one of those individuals who's bound and determined to get our rights taken away. Good going Warren!

Because ,, He is a Big stupid DlCK!!
Confronting airport cops with his gun and his camera, just to make a video for the youtube...
click the link in the 1st post,,, watch this Damn fool for your self...

We-the-People

IN OREGON

It is absolutely legal. Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant. It doesn't matter WHY someone carries, ONLY that they do so legally.....assuming that the law is legal in the first place.

Are you aware that there are over 100 cities in this state with unlawful prohibitions of firearms? Those laws I will ignore for state preemption under ORS 166.170 trumps those city regulations.

Ironbar

IN OREGON

It is absolutely legal. Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant. It doesn't matter WHY someone carries, ONLY that they do so legally.....assuming that the law is legal in the first place.

Are you aware that there are over 100 cities in this state with unlawful prohibitions of firearms? Those laws I will ignore for state preemption under ORS 166.170 trumps those city regulations.

WRONG sir! WRONG! Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant??? I SERIOUSLY wish I could tell you what I think of that ignorant statement without getting banned! Just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing! Like it or not, the sheeple of this or any other state are scared of anyone not a cop who's carrying a gun around, ESPECIALLY A LONG GUN! It DOES matter why someone carries a gun around- IT'S CALLED PUBLIC PERCEPTION! And like THAT or not, we ALL have to deal with the consequences of fools like Warren Drouin who only have to piss off just the right people and POOF! There goes your precious state preemption law. You think that law is set in stone or something? Gads.

Last edited:

OC Freedom

IN OREGON

You are right. "Shall not be infringed" why is this so hard of a concept for some gun owners?:banghead:

OC Freedom

WRONG sir! WRONG! Any discussion of WHY is irrelevant??? I SERIOUSLY wish I could tell you what I think of that ignorant statement without getting banned! Just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing! Like it or not, the sheeple of this or any other state are scared of anyone not a cop who's carrying a gun around, ESPECIALLY A LONG GUN! It DOES matter why someone carries a gun around- IT'S CALLED PUBLIC PERCEPTION! And like THAT or not, we ALL have to deal with the consequences of fools like Warren Drouin who only have to piss off just the right people and POOF! There goes your precious state preemption law. You think that law is set in stone or something? Gads.

I just don't feel like spending time writing out multiple paragraphs why you are wrong, as others have done on this site with others that say "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT".

We-the-People

1) It is lawful under the statutes of the state of Oregon.
2) It is his RIGHT under BOTH the federal and Oregon state Constitutions.
3) I have open carried since August of 2009 EXCLUSIVELY and have encountered exactly ONE person who was actually afraid of my weapons......a small child in a very liberal town who was far too young to have developed any fear of weapons on her own.
4) Due to Warren Drouin's activism, Medford police no longer ILLEGALLY detain individuals, seize their property, run their ID, run their serial numbers, drag OC'ers out of movie theaters, or cuff law abiding citizens who merely have the audacity to walk into the police station with a handgun on their side. He has made a difference for the better.
5) While long gun open carry is not condoned on this site, it was instrumental in defeating a set of local ordinances proposed in Ashland. Long gun open carry in their town, as part of the overall strategy, basically forced them to open their eyes and realize that they could not stop open carry but would actually bring more, and more visible, open carry to their town. A town who's economy depends upon tourism. The comments of councilors when they voted 5-1 (plus the Mayor stating that he would have voted no) specifically mentioned the "in your face" activism that they had seen as a result of their consideration of the ordinances.
6) Make no mistake, those who wish to restrict our right to keep and BEAR arms will NOT stop trying to do so simply because pro second amendment folks stop doing activism. It doesn't matter if you open carry or conceal, they want to get rid of guns and merely putting them out of sight (or less visible) will NOT stop that. They are after them PERIOD and no amount of capitulation or compromise will change that FACT. In FACT, compromise is why we are where we are.

Bottom line, like it or not, it's his RIGHT and lawful. So, you either support his second amendment RIGHT or, you are part of the problem.

OC Freedom

3) I have open carried since August of 2009 EXCLUSIVELY and have encountered exactly ONE person who was actually afraid of my weapons......a small child in a very liberal town who was far too young to have developed any fear of weapons on her own.
4) Due to Warren Drouin's activism, Medford police no longer ILLEGALLY detain individuals, seize their property, run their ID, run their serial numbers, drag OC'ers out of movie theaters, or cuff law abiding citizens who merely have the audacity to walk into the police station with a handgun on their side. He has made a difference for the better.
5) While long gun open carry is not condoned on this site, it was instrumental in defeating a set of local ordinances proposed in Ashland. Long gun open carry in their town, as part of the overall strategy, basically forced them to open their eyes and realize that they could not stop open carry but would actually bring more, and more visible, open carry to their town. A town who's economy depends upon tourism. The comments of councilors when they voted 5-1 (plus the Mayor stating that he would have voted no) specifically mentioned the "in your face" activism that they had seen as a result of their consideration of the ordinances.
6) Make no mistake, those who wish to restrict our right to keep and BEAR arms will NOT stop trying to do so simply because pro second amendment folks stop doing activism. It doesn't matter if you open carry or conceal, they want to get rid of guns and merely putting them out of sight (or less visible) will NOT stop that. They are after them PERIOD and no amount of capitulation or compromise will change that FACT. In FACT, compromise is why we are where we are.

Bottom line, like it or not, it's his RIGHT and lawful. So, you either support his second amendment RIGHT or, you are part of the problem.

Well said and I personally enjoy watching Warren's videos and I hope he keeps it up.

Rand0m411

Well spoken and thank you for your words, anyone that believes otherwise is misinformed.

JoeSparky

Centurion

There was a phrase I've read recently.... something like, "A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!" Now where was it.... OH, that's right--- ON THIS FORUM!