• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who says OC can't save your life...From the non human kind

Bullbuster

I was doing an evening dove hunt yesterday with 6 other guys. I was the only one carrying a sidearm. It was past legal dove hunting house so guns were unloaded and put in cases.
My buddy and I were headed out when we came across 2 hogs about 300 pounds. The biggest I've seen in OK thus far. Things went south quickly and I ended up drawing my .40 and firing 4 rounds of Hydra-Shok hitting the hog twice. Once in the shoulder and the other in the rearend. It ran into some 6-8' Johnson grass and deadfall wood lot. We couldn't locate the hog after and hour of searching in the dark.
I almost left .40 in my truck but decided to take it with me. I'm really glad I did and so was my buddy.

I know this post is off the normal OC topic but things can happen anywhere and not by human enemies.

The Truth

Kinda disappointed you weren't able to post a pic of your newfound endless supply of ham and bacon, considering I shoot a .40.

Bullbuster

I was shooting a S&W model 410. Been my primary carry gun for the last 7/8 years. I have a scoped .44 Redhawk I usually use on hogs.

We weren't able to recover the hog. Black hog, in the dark, 6/8' tall Johnson grass so thick you couldn't hardly see an arms reach in front of you then all the blowdowns from storms mixed in. It was a needle in a haystack. I was hunting 90 miles south of my place so staying the night to look this morning wasn't happening. It will feed a bunch of other critters so it's not a total waste. I really wanted to see how bad the hydra-Shok damage was. Based on the 100+ yard red carpet blood trail it was heavy damage.
I need to go buy me some more SD ammo now so I can top off that mag.

Last edited: