• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newport News picnic in jeopardy

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The Newport News picnic http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?123752-VCDL-Picnic-Newport-News appears to be in jeopardy.

There are only three (3) days to go until Sunday, and the response appears to be that there will be too much picnic and not enough picnicers.

If you are going, or even thinking of going, head over to the picnic thread and let them know. A head count wil let them know if it's worth the effort.

stay safe.

6L6GC

Rain or shine

thanks for the post Skid, I/we have put a lot of time and effort in this. I hope it goes well. I of course am hoping for a big turnout and a great time. I know some people will be there. No idea how many but at least some will be I know. People have been asking for a picnic and after some deal of difficulty I finally rented the best shelter in the Newport News park system. So, I hope every body comes out and has a big time.

Hopefully, the weather will be favorable. If not, we'll have Woodstock II. HA

roN

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Ron I hope to make it. The wife had surgery a few weeks ago and depends on how she is feeling. Goes to doc for follow up tomorrow.

sent using tapatalk

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I would have gone even though I'm not a member any longer but this was relatively short notice during a very busy season. Hope everyone that does go has a good time.

6L6GC

Status update

Here is what I have on the list over in the "events" section;

paper plates--Ron Hutchinson
napkins--Roy Hutchinson
plastic forks/knives/spoons----Andy and Lori
plastic wrap
charcoal---Pete Clark
charcoal starter
bottled water
soft drinks--Country Time Lemonade--Rich 5 gal cooler jug, hafnhaf
diet soft drinks----HAFNHAF??
baked beans---Rich
hot dogs---VCDL
hot dog buns---VCDL
hamburger----VCDL
hamburger buns----Skid Mark
mustard----Mike
ketchup----Mike
relish-----Mike
mayo---VCDL
lettuce---VCDL
potato chips
ice
more ice
plastic cups----Mike
potato salad---Mike (the other Mike!)
macaroni salad-Rich, Mike (the other Mike)
mac & cheese