• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC get togethers

solus

glock, sorry the myriad of state's grassroots (gr) organizations who are pushing their perception to their individual state's legislators is the single most important obstacle that needing to be overcome.

nc's gr entity president only pushes the cc mentality of sane, sober, law biding citizens to our legislature, oh sorry i mispoke...they also pushed automatic legislation to the NC GA. their website proudly states they wrote and passed legislation.

SC doesnt even have a gr enity...

OH has several pushing different directions towards different goals at the same time.

ipse

Glock 1st fan

glock, sorry the myriad of state's grassroots (gr) organizations who are pushing their perception to their individual state's legislators is the single most important obstacle that needing to be overcome.

nc's gr entity president only pushes the cc mentality of sane, sober, law biding citizens to our legislature, oh sorry i mispoke...they also pushed automatic legislation to the NC GA. their website proudly states they wrote and passed legislation.

SC doesnt even have a gr enity...

OH has several pushing different directions towards different goals at the same time.

ipse

It is true on this angle as well. I wont disagree with you on that. Looking at it on a larger scale too we have various grassroots pushing different directions its true. I recall several in Oklahoma alone pushing to fight for rights but I think it would be better served if all the groups got together and decided on a single course of action. Instead of fighting each other by pulling in different directions we could easily get on the same page and have a more powerful voice.

solus

It is true on this angle as well. I wont disagree with you on that. Looking at it on a larger scale too we have various grassroots pushing different directions its true. I recall several in Oklahoma alone pushing to fight for rights but I think it would be better served if all the groups got together and decided on a single course of action. Instead of fighting each other by pulling in different directions we could easily get on the same page and have a more powerful voice.

gently climbing behind my lectern ~ uh kinda like the GLBT folks did from a national prospective to achieve what they have through state legislatures, national politics, and overcoming religious biases...
1. http://wagingnonviolence.org/feature/lessons-from-the-lgbt-equality-movement/

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_movements_in_the_United_States

3. https://about.illinoisstate.edu/critique/Documents/Fall 2011/GORDON.pdf

4. http://lawreview.law.ucdavis.edu/issues/47/5/Articles/47-5_Leachman.pdf

for some reason the state GR entities just can not grasp the basic concept to consolidate resources at the state level, then regionally, uniting nationally, and push... W/ or W/O the NRA's blessing. (gutshot, the one man show, being the exception in MHO)

for goodness sake, the firearm side of the house already has an original amendment from 1777, but for some unknown reason, the state GRs can't even agree amongst themselves what that means, says, or how to push the concept...

stepping away from the lectern...

ipse

Last edited:

solus

http://scfirearms.org/ Holds the field and is not accepting new members.

There will be no legal regular open carry while the NRA hegemony persists in South Carolina.

interesting you insist on dredging up this apparently abandoned cite w/o updating over 5 years. not accepting members...of course not the link has fallen into the bit bucket long ago...only thing functioning is the criminal activity which is now at 14M ~ this year alone!!

the pervasive exhibited of 'no legal regular OC...is it exactly how it will stay as long as there is nobody pushing. look what happened to the confederate flag flying over the state house in such a short time...

further, your persistence on the using the mantra that the NRA is completely responsible for no OC, without any type of objective evidence provided, is becoming a folklore legend which people believe.

ipse