Thread: Harris Teeter on Strickland Rd/Leesville Rd, North Raleigh

Harris Teeter on Strickland Rd/Leesville Rd, North Raleigh

I was OCing and I decided to call the store ahead of time, because HT and Kroger are the same company and that mothers demand whatever group is yelling at them.

So, I called them. Talked to someone named Gus.

He did not know store or corporate policy on open carry.
    He did not know any state laws concerning open carry.
    He told me there was a "No weapons allowed" sign "out front"

I disarmed, unloaded, and locked my gun in my trunk.

There was a specific item my wife wanted me to get that HT normally stocks, so I didn't want to be asked to leave. Regardless, the employee, Gus, told me there was a sign.

After shopping I saw no sign on either entrance/exit.
    Nothing posted.

Has anyone had any RECENT experience at this HT or any HT/Kroger?

Don't see much of a reason to call and ask these sorts of questions. As you've discovered, you're highly likely to be the recipient of ignorance, one way or the other.

No, Harris Teeter doesn't prohibit. Kroger and HT remain good to go.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-02-2014 at 11:19 PM.

I oc all the time in the two Wake Forest Harris Teeter stores...never a second look.

Ht

I oc in the ht in asheville all the time nothing's been said yet , security and I just make eye contact smile and nod

OC in Goldsboro's HT all the time. No problems yet.

FWIW, Kroger released a statement in response to the gun hating mothers that said while they respect all customers opinions, they would continue to follow state and local laws (or something along those lines).

I had a night manager give my middle son a hard time for open carrying. I talked to the head of corporate security, he apologized to me and assured me that open carry is perfectly acceptable in stores in states that allow it. They follow the law of the land. He also told me that the manager in question would be retrained as that never should have happened.
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nhh223 View Post
    I was OCing and I decided to call the store ahead of time, because HT and Kroger are the same company and that mothers demand whatever group is yelling at them.

There was a specific item my wife wanted me to get that HT normally stocks, so I didn't want to be asked to leave. Regardless, the employee, Gus, told me there was a sign.

Nothing posted.

I am baffled, why did you go through all of the above? Just carry, if they do not want you to, they will tell you. Don't encourage anti gun behavior.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I open carry in several Harris Teeters in Charlotte all the time. No one has ever said anything. I am in Asheville several times per week and I have open carried in the HT there without incident as well. Just carry.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I am baffled, why did you go through all of the above? Just carry, if they do not want you to, they will tell you. Don't encourage anti gun behavior.
    Agreed.

Put the onus on them. Don't ask if you can bring your gun. Make them actively throw away your business; put them in the position of having to ask a customer to put down his purchases and leave.

You're far less likely to be told "no" this way. Money is king.

Thanks for your email and support. We have and will continue to adhere to the firearms and concealed handgun laws as outlined by states in which we do business. We believe this issue is best handled by lawmakers, not retailers. Thanks for being our customer!

Sincerely,

Kayla
    Harris Teeter Customer Relations
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

"Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by nhh223 View Post

Nothing posted.

Not trying to be a butt head, but you called and talked to a person who in the beginning was clueless. why did you believe him when he said they had a sign on the door? I have learned that most people who dont know what they are talking about in the beginning of a conversation proves that whatever else they say is most likely BS.

Ht asheville

I was told by one night guard thy didn't let guns in the store I spoke to the manager he said there was nothing they could do about my carrying and he certainly wouldn't aske to leave, I had a differen guard follow me out I assumed to hassle me but he actually applauded my using my rights to carry.

JSH, hopefully you followed through and reported the guard and notified HT corp on the exceptally bright manager they have at the store.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain