Thread: Chrome malware warning in an OCDO-WA thread

Chrome malware warning in an OCDO-WA thread

This happened today, 0944 PDT. Multiple tries to reload that thread. No other threads I tried affected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	11991

Banned
    That's why every six months, I re-format my drives.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    This happened today, 0944 PDT. Multiple tries to reload that thread. No other threads I tried affected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	11991
    I got something simular on firefox, I simply deleted history went to add ons and added more security, plus checked software for any malware that needed to be removed. Problem gone.

Both firefox and chrome have a lot of different malware, spyware protection, you just have to take the time to add them on. The firefox extension I added was Bluhell firewall, seemed to do the trick.

I use mostly firefox(faster) but you just have to see what is available for chrome. Since support stopped for XP, and I am to cheap/frugle to buy another desktop, I am using two Linux distros, Lubuntu, and Mepis. One is smaller faster, the other a tad slower but more stable.

I got the malware using XP while burning DVDs, I tried to multitask while doing it and I was using the internet. I have never had problems on Linux, but there is some things linux does not support. But I just can't blame XP, we have had problems with windows 8.1 getting infected, don't use windows anti virus, it is no good. We went back to Avast and no more problems on 8.1. I also shifted from the free avast to the premium to get more support and protection.

This latest incident on XP only happened with OCDO and not any of my other sites. Something slipped by the cloud protection they use.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

WalkingWolf, just curious... why would you equate burning DVD's with picking up malware?

Also, if you like FireFox, give Pale Moon a try. FireFox based, with so much overhead (parental controls, etc) so it's a bit faster. Uses all standard FireFox extensions.
    Han shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by waskel View Post
    WalkingWolf, just curious... why would you equate burning DVD's with picking up malware?

Also, if you like FireFox, give Pale Moon a try. FireFox based, with so much overhead (parental controls, etc) so it's a bit faster. Uses all standard FireFox extensions.
    I was reading OCDO at the same time, hence on the internet. Otherwise I would have been on Linux like I am now.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

There wasn't actual malware in the thread but one of the posters had hot-linked a thumbs-up image from a site that hosts known malware. I removed the image. If you guys encounter any further issues let me know. That hotlink may have been used on other threads.

Thanks!

John

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I was reading OCDO at the same time, hence on the internet. Otherwise I would have been on Linux like I am now.
    Ah, makes sense now, thanks.
    Han shot first.