• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's going on with RMGO?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Like many of you, I support Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. I'm getting more than a bit perturbed at some of their recent e-mails, however. For example, consider this comment from their latest e-mail:

"If I can't raise more resources -- and FAST -- I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull back on some of our most critical programs."

Every business manager on the planet knows that when money is tight, you pull back on the least critical programs, first. Not the most critical programs.

Just saying...

That, and as a contributor, I'm tired of getting e-mails every few days. That's SPAM, and it's way overkill. If your cause is that pathetic the only way you can raise money is to SPAM people several times a week, then I submit you're are not properly managing your organization.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Something is definitely wrong with RMGO.

Some months ago, I contacted them to inform of some serious (and public) criticism being made of them on another website (in case RMGO wanted to address it also in public, rather than let it stand without comment/rebuttal) but instead of any personal response from "Dudley" -- Mr. RMGO himself (I guess) -- apparently I was simply added to their Mailing List (without my knowledge or permission) and was getting the same AND regular "scare tactics/urgent help required" e-mails which I got tired of quickly. I tried to contact them (Dudley) but NEVER got any response, just form-letter e-mails.

IMO, "Dudley" does not exist in human form: "Dudley" is merely a COMPUTER that runs RMGO as no human EVER responds to any e-mail you send to RMGO -- which is at the very least rude/inconsiderate, let alone also UNprofessional. That only alienates/turns-off members and/or potential members.

Frankly, it's NO WAY to run ANY kind of organization.

IF there really IS a human over there named "Dudley," he is ruining RMGO big-time with his poor handling/managing of that org. And on top of that, since no human e-mails are ever received, there is no way to know what's REALLY going on with them. Why join/send $$ to a faceless RMGO run by a robot?

In short, I agree with you 100%...

Last edited:

waskel

--snip--
Every business manager on the planet knows that when money is tight, you pull back on the least critical programs, first. Not the most critical programs.

But that's what the government does.
Oh, wait... it's blackmail when they do it. Carry on...

jackrockblc

I agree that the emails are getting so numerous as to be nearly spam. In fact, I've had to correct a junk email filter twice. If it happens a third time, I probably will simply do an unsubscribe.

zach

Something is definitely wrong with RMGO.

Some months ago, I contacted them to inform of some serious (and public) criticism being made of them on another website (in case RMGO wanted to address it also in public, rather than let it stand without comment/rebuttal) but instead of any personal response from "Dudley" -- Mr. RMGO himself (I guess) -- apparently I was simply added to their Mailing List (without my knowledge or permission) and was getting the same AND regular "scare tactics/urgent help required" e-mails which I got tired of quickly. I tried to contact them (Dudley) but NEVER got any response, just form-letter e-mails.

IMO, "Dudley" does not exist in human form: "Dudley" is merely a COMPUTER that runs RMGO as no human EVER responds to any e-mail you send to RMGO -- which is at the very least rude/inconsiderate, let alone also UNprofessional. That only alienates/turns-off members and/or potential members.

Frankly, it's NO WAY to run ANY kind of organization.

IF there really IS a human over there named "Dudley," he is ruining RMGO big-time with his poor handling/managing of that org. And on top of that, since no human e-mails are ever received, there is no way to know what's REALLY going on with them. Why join/send $$ to a faceless RMGO run by a robot?

In short, I agree with you 100%...
I haven't renewed for just this reason. I gave extra from time to time, but it got to be annoying the belligerent tone of the email solicitation.

I'll now give anonymously so as to not be flooded with the email. I get enough from work.

The part I bolded is hilarious, thanks for the laugh.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
"We work tightly with numerous state groups such as Wyoming Gun Owners, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, Georgia Gun Owners, Iowa Gun Owners, Wisconsin Gun Owners, and Grass Roots North Carolina, (to name a few), in order to affect change at the state level, rather than putting all our effort into the fight on the national level." -- Dudley Brown (cited from the link above)

Well, if he IS for real, then he is seriously over-extended: How can you be effective "working tightly" with so many groups (and he didn't even list them ALL)? How can you be effective when you can't personally respond to people's e-mail queries, yet ARE able to send more requests for donations? Who wants to donate $$ to a mysterious Black Hole? Is the RMGO address just a dusty mail-drop in some vacant building? An open field/vacant lot somewhere?

What EXACTLY is the $$ (donations) being used for?

WHAT are the specific results of RMGO's "working tightly" with RMGO so far? Or ANY state's gun-org?

If Dudley is NOT actually Mr. RMGO -- meaning, he only "works tightly" with local/state gun organizations but isn't actually THERE @ any of these state-org offices (like RMGO in Colorado) -- then who ELSE is there @ RMGO...and why don't THEY respond?

Whatever, at least re: RMGO, no one is at home to answer the e-mails...or maybe even the phone.

:-(

P.S. I have not nor will I label him as a "scam artist" (as seen on that other site linked above) -- I really can't say (or know) for sure as he never responds! But I AM saying it seems that a machine (IBM or Apple, not sure) runs RMGO, as I've never had ANY human response all from them as of this date. Just form letters, most of which include asking for $$. From Dudley and signed by Dudley.

Machines can do that...and do. So it logically follows that Dudley must be a machine.

See attached image (recently taken with a hidden camera) as proof positive. ;-)

Attachments

• lost-in-space-robot.jpg
    lost-in-space-robot.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

jackrockblc

Yeah, I've had the form letters with my name inserted (mail merge), trying to look rather personal. But it's sort of obvious, especially when one of the ones I received has the words transcribed word-for-word in this very thread.

I think I'm done with them.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Dudley's real, all right. I've exchanged comments with him here, and met him in person at the state GOP caucuses in 2012. Not the brightest cat in the bag, but he's bull-headedly determined.

+15 page thread on Dudley's NAGR org:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/12..._the_National_Association_for_Gun_Rights.html

Dudley Brown is scam artist, pure and simple.

I find one sentence of his at that link quite interesting: "It’s illegal for me to tell you which candidates the National Association for Gun Rights PAC supports. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) expressly forbid me from telling you which candidates are so solid on gun rights that I want you to help us help them."

The reason I find it interesting is that a quick peek at RMGO just seconds ago reveals pictures of all the candidates he supports.

Unfortunately, Dudley has also stuck his fingers into the National Association for Gun Rights pie, as well. He's the executive VP there. I was going to contribute to them, until I learned Dudley was on board. Now? No way.

eBratt

Are there any other Colorado gun rights groups that actually have a strong voice. RMGO certainly seems to drown anyone else out but I'd love to support a different organization that is run better/cleaner/less begging and more clarity regarding fiscal responsibility.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Are there any other Colorado gun rights groups that actually have a strong voice. RMGO certainly seems to drown anyone else out but I'd love to support a different organization that is run better/cleaner/less begging and more clarity regarding fiscal responsibility.

Click here to find a list of six for Colorado. Plenty of other affiliates with other states.

Alternatively, CCRKBA is a fairly robust c.4 organization, a partner to their c.3 org, The Second Amendment Foundation.

CCRKBA's Mission Statement: "The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is dedicated to protecting your firearms rights. Our role is to educate grass root activists, the public, legislators and the media. Our programs are designed to help all Americans understand the importance of the Second Amendment and its role in keeping Americans free."

They have 250,000 members, averaging about 5,000 per state.

bomber

Guns For Everyone, if I might shamelessly self promote.

Dudley is certainly real, and he is a *****.

Guns For Everyone has organized two pro gun rallies at the capital building Denver, and partcipated in 2 more, including the illegal magazine swap (civil disobedience) demonstration on July 1st, 2013. When we tried to get RMGO involved in these events we got not only no help but active resistance from Dudley himself. He belittled what we were doing and actively encouraged people not to participate, but rather to donate money to him instead.

Likewise, as we have provided free firearms training across the state Dudley, as well as other instructors, have actively resisted our efforts.

When confronted in person about his actions, he has refused to take responsibility and instead insists he's trying to help.

As someone who actively participates, organizes and works hard to take real action to protect our rights in this state, I have nothing but contempt for him.

There are other things I could mention, but it's not worth the effort right now.

Other organizations were very helpful, or took the lead and accepted our help, in the name of pushing for real success in our cause, not collecting more funds. GOAA is a great example of that.