• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Keoughan case going on NOW - updates via Twitter from Open Carry Preacher

stealthyeliminator

Michael Keoughan was unlawfully detained and arrested in the small Texas town of Andrews where the law enforcement, judge and DA don't know or respect the law.

His trial is taking place today, you can get updates via Twitter by Executive Director of Texas Carry, Terry Holcomb Sr.

https://twitter.com/terrysrtxcarry

"Prosecution Andrews: because he came 2Andrews carrying and not from here, he is guilty of a crime. Really? @TexasCarry against lawless dept"

"Defense: does dependent have to provide ID if detained? "Yes". Read penal code 38.02. Officer; "I was mistaken" smh..."

"Defense to officer: is it legal to walk down the street with a long gun or black powder revolver? Officer; "yes"."

"Defense to officer; Is it legal to walk into 7-11 with long gun? Officer; "yes". What is prohibited? Officer; "unlicensed handgun or club.""

"Even though no evidence of crime has been presented judge refuses motions to dismiss and rule unconstitutional."

Sounds like your unfortunately typical small town circus court. This should have never gone to trail, not even the allegations amount to a violation of the law.

stealthyeliminator

Sorry, I meant to post the links to the videos. Here is the end of the encounter started in the video you posted, which captures the actual arrest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQKoliEmG0

Hear what they say - he was arrested because he went into 7-11. They said that it's illegal to carry a firearm into any business that sells alcohol. This is entirely false. This department has shown, throughout this ordeal, to be completely incompetent of relevant laws. It's like they just make up their own on the spot. Rule of law? No no, it's the good 'ol boy system in Andrew. Stay on the Chief's good side, you're ok. Get on his bad side, and you're in violation of the "law" no matter what you actually did or what the law actually says. Not uncommon in the smaller communities, from the little I know.

This is a recording of a conversation with the Chief that took place prior to Michael being arrested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qMpZRfopc Essentially, Bud flat out lied to CATI Texas.

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

"Defense to officer; Is it legal to walk into 7-11 with long gun? Officer; "yes". What is prohibited? Officer; "unlicensed handgun or club.""

That right there. That is a public lie under oath. Citizens may Constitutionally carry a firearm anywhere they so desire in any manner they so desire without restrictions as per the Second Amendment. The Texas 'laws' may not be enforced as they are void. This is exactly why you don't play around with courts and LEOs as they will simply lie and violate more rights on many many occasions.

Enjoy being a slave to the system.