• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment rights taken by judge

Geoffrey Griffith

If anyone would like the full details to help I will be glad to share. I have committed no crime but a Judge decided his personal opinion is more important than the law. Screamed at me and said I should go to jail for using hot sauce as a thumb sucking deterrent 2 years ago. Last time I checked over the counter thumb sucking medicine has cayenne pepper in it. No jail but bottom line is 6 month protective order. The Ex-wife has tried this before with other Judges and Social services who all have told her to stop and have dismissed or never even looked into. She filed in another county and found this Judge who hates God, Guns and parents who wish to raise productive members of society. Working on my appeal but with no money to pay a lawyer this a hard situation. In the meantime I feel vulnerable and little naked without my sidearm. Can I file my appeal in VA to a MD judges decision? I feel I need representation but I am absolutely flat broke. Any help on the appeals process would be helpful.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You neede a good domestic relations attorney. A protective order for an incident that is two years old ought to be fairly easy to quash, although it will be expensive.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Another state's court will not hear another state's appeal, that's for sure.

And it would likely take longer than 6 mos. (time covering protective order it appears).

Best to just wait it out IMO. IANAL

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.... Can I file my appeal in VA to a MD judges decision? I feel I need representation but I am absolutely flat broke. Any help on the appeals process would be helpful.

If you mean "Can I file my appeal to the MD court from where I am living in VA?" then the answer is a qualified yes.

If you mean "Can I appeal to the local court in VA?" then the answer is definately no.

Google "men's rights" and "fathers' rights" for organizations that might assist you.

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO get your appeal (written on a paper napkin if necessary) filed with the court that issued the order before time to appeal expires.

stay safe.

Last edited:

F350

Just for shats and grins there is this.....

http://www.courts.state.va.us/agencies/jirc/home.html

I got a low level (small claims) part time judge suspended in Missouri by going the judicial review route. Even if nothing happens directly because of your complaint, like a lot of things reach a breaking point, you can be one more straw, which was what happened in my case, last straw.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just for shats and grins there is this.....

http://www.courts.state.va.us/agencies/jirc/home.html

I got a low level (small claims) part time judge suspended in Missouri by going the judicial review route. Even if nothing happens directly because of your complaint, like a lot of things reach a breaking point, you can be one more straw, which was what happened in my case, last straw.

OP states protective order was issued by a judge in Maryland. The OP might want to see if the judge is listed here: http://www.therobingroom.com/maryland/

stay safe.

Freedom1Man

I've had a restraining + no-contact order issued against me by a Maryland judge while I was permanently living in the state of Washington.

The no-gun provision in it had no effect of law where I was living at the time. The police did not even ask if I owned guns just served me the order while I was at my job at the time.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I've had a restraining + no-contact order issued against me by a Maryland judge while I was permanently living in the state of Washington.

The no-gun provision in it had no effect of law where I was living at the time. The police did not even ask if I owned guns just served me the order while I was at my job at the time.

That the WA police declined/failed to carry out a part of a judicial order is not proof that said part has "no effect of law". You may not have been a big enough fish for anybody to really care about, but that does not mean you would not be violating provisions of both MD and federal law (hach/cough Lautenberg Amendment cough/hack). WA cops would probably not answer to the MD judge for contempt for not carrying out all provisions of the order. Screw up enough and somebody finds that you are in violation and worthy of hanging out to dry and you would find the "effect of law" brought into play.

stay safe.

Freedom1Man

That the WA police declined/failed to carry out a part of a judicial order is not proof that said part has "no effect of law". You may not have been a big enough fish for anybody to really care about, but that does not mean you would not be violating provisions of both MD and federal law (hach/cough Lautenberg Amendment cough/hack). WA cops would probably not answer to the MD judge for contempt for not carrying out all provisions of the order. Screw up enough and somebody finds that you are in violation and worthy of hanging out to dry and you would find the "effect of law" brought into play.

stay safe.

It's no long valid anyways.

It was not valid to begin with.