Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Teenager Shot in Milwaukee. Shooter to be charged

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213

    Teenager Shot in Milwaukee. Shooter to be charged

    Has anyone read more on this event? Apparently a crime ring member was killed by a gun owner from West Allis. He is also to face charges. Is he a CCL holder? Is he a member of this forum? From the Pierce County Herald

    http://www.piercecountyherald.com/co...ssault-charges

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    A 15-year-old boy who was shot-and-killed by a man he was trying to rob in Milwaukee has been identified as Camron Powell. Police now say that Powell was part of a group that committed 35 hold-ups in the Milwaukee area in recent days. Powell was killed early Monday in a parking lot just south of the city's downtown. Officials said he was part of a group that was robbing another group when a 30-year-old West Allis man pulled a gun and shot Powell. The alleged shooter was briefly in custody before being released. He must still meet with prosecutors about possible charges. A vehicle was found near the shooting scene that was stolen in a car-jacking, and police said it had a glove similar to one found next to Powell after he was shot. Five teens in the alleged robbery ring have been arrested. An 18-year-old man, three boys, and a girl have been referred to the D-A's office for possible charges.

    This story? ^^^ from link

    The prosecutors already either have enough to get a charge to stick or they don't. Him talking to the prosecutor can only result in a bad result as far as that goes. IMO

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A 15-year-old boy who was shot-and-killed by a man he was trying to rob in Milwaukee has been identified as Camron Powell. Police now say that Powell was part of a group that committed 35 hold-ups in the Milwaukee area in recent days. Powell was killed early Monday in a parking lot just south of the city's downtown. Officials said he was part of a group that was robbing another group when a 30-year-old West Allis man pulled a gun and shot Powell. The alleged shooter was briefly in custody before being released. He must still meet with prosecutors about possible charges. A vehicle was found near the shooting scene that was stolen in a car-jacking, and police said it had a glove similar to one found next to Powell after he was shot. Five teens in the alleged robbery ring have been arrested. An 18-year-old man, three boys, and a girl have been referred to the D-A's office for possible charges.

    This story? ^^^ from link

    The prosecutors already either have enough to get a charge to stick or they don't. Him talking to the prosecutor can only result in a bad result as far as that goes. IMO
    Needs to find a good 2A lawyer

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Powell was allegedly a member of a ring responsible for up to 35 Milwaukee-area robberies when he was killed about 5:30 a.m. Monday at S. 2nd St. and W. National Ave., according to a news release from the Milwaukee Police Department.

    He was with a group who allegedly tried to rob a 30-year-old West Allis man, who drew a gun and shot the teen, according to police. Powell had been previously arrested on charges related to armed robbery, auto theft, fleeing and theft.
    from link above ^^

    We'll see...

  6. #6
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    First of all, where does it say the shooter will be charged? Hint: it doesn't.

    Seems pretty open and shut to me.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    First of all, where does it say the shooter will be charged? Hint: it doesn't.

    Seems pretty open and shut to me.
    They are going to try to stick something on him. If he talks without a lawyer the possible charges could be made to stick. They know how to make an actual innocent person guilty. They want his gun. Anything to get his gun. They may get a mental health/psychological evaluation or some other thing in order to create a charge and stick it on him and viola! thou art guilty of...... When it is about a gun, nothing is shut.

  8. #8
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    What part of "He must still meet with prosecutors about possible charges" leads you to say he will be charged?

    I suspect this is pretty standard.

  9. #9
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    They are going to try to stick something on him. If he talks without a lawyer the possible charges could be made to stick. They know how to make an actual innocent person guilty. They want his gun. Anything to get his gun. They may get a mental health/psychological evaluation or some other thing in order to create a charge and stick it on him and viola! thou art guilty of...... When it is about a gun, nothing is shut.
    Good grief, take a chill pill.

    Even the most justified self-defense shooting is going to be a legal hassle for the good guy. Same goes for any LEO in a clearly justified shooting, with witnesses, surveillance video, etc. It is a process that gives some integrity to our legal system.

    Only in the movies does it end "good shoot, let's go get a beer"

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Good grief, take a chill pill.

    Even the most justified self-defense shooting is going to be a legal hassle for the good guy. Same goes for any LEO in a clearly justified shooting, with witnesses, surveillance video, etc. It is a process that gives some integrity to our legal system.

    Only in the movies does it end "good shoot, let's go get a beer"
    The shooter should not talk to the cops ... Law Abider is correct .. if they want to talk to you, they want to hang you on something

  11. #11
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Seems to me that if there was any illegal aspect in the killing he would still be detained, not free to go. He probably gave an accurate description of what happened and was subsequently released with the warning, "If we smell any fishy business we will call you back in*."

    *get in touch with your lawyer
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836
    Some of you are painfully ignorant. I hope none of you ever have to use lethal force.

    The police don't decide solely whether or not a shooting is justified. Cases like this get what is called a DA referral. If it is an order in (it will be) you have to go to it. Bringing your attorney is your choice.

    This is not legal advice, I am not a lawyer.

  13. #13
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    I'm fully aware of the concept of a DA or in my case a Commonwealth Attorney. You also cannot be ignorant of the fact that an almost immediate release is a positive thing both in the moment and in regards to any case against you - especially if you used lethal force legitimately.

    I am also aware of the flawed justice system.

    The Truth shall set you free, more often than not.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  14. #14
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    The truth as you see it or just the plain ol truth?

  15. #15
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    What are you talking about? Got an argument to make, make it.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    He did make it. Read closely. Then backwards and capitalize every third consonant and second vowel. Then read out loud 3 times. It'll sink in.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  17. #17
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    htuRt lO NiAlp eHt tSUj ro TI eEs uOy Sa htURt ehT

    You're finally right about something - it does make more sense that way.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  18. #18
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    He did make it. Read closely. Then backwards and capitalize every third consonant and second vowel. Then read out loud 3 times. It'll sink in.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    WTF????? WHO made it!!!???? The perp is DEAD!!! Read it closely!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  19. #19
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    What are you talking about? Got an argument to make, make it.


    I want the truth!
    Last edited by wimwag; 09-06-2014 at 02:10 PM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Damn u beat me to it lol

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  22. #22
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    WTF????? WHO made it!!!???? The perp is DEAD!!! Read it closely!
    Right over your head....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    I want the truth!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

    So tell us, when did you take your oath, under what circumstances?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  24. #24
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc
    What part of "He must still meet with prosecutors about possible charges" leads you to say he will be charged?
    Because this is Milwaukee, and the police admin (& some on the street) & DA are very anti-citizen.

    Because they'll try to get him to say anything that they can possibly use to charge him with some crime. (See point #1.)

    Because even when he's not charged, or when he goes to trial & the jury rightfully says it was self-defense, he'll still have to go to court to get a judge to order the return of his property.

    He needs to get a good lawyer, and if he can't get one before this meeting he's being forced to attend he should say absolutely nothing other than, "I want my lawyer, & I will not talk until s/he is present to advise me".
    Well, and perhaps, "I cannot afford a lawyer, so appoint one for me now".

  25. #25
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    "I want my lawyer, & I will not talk until s/he is present to advise me".
    Well, and perhaps, "I cannot afford a lawyer, so appoint one for me now".
    ^ this is all he should say followed by "am i free to go?" sadly, you seem to have two choices these days... kill your attacker/criminal or spend your life in jail/defending yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •