Thread: 9-4-14 6:00 Channel 7 news {Action Impact Says no to open carry}???????????????????

9-4-14 6:00 Channel 7 news {Action Impact Says no to open carry}???????????????????

Hey guys and gals I just seen the news and Action Impact does not support open carry. Go to WXYZ web site and view the 6:00 pm news for the interview of Action Impact. I think It's time to Boycott that operation. I sent them an E-Mail about there thoughts and told them were to stick -it!!!!! Pecor

Quote Originally Posted by pecor View Post
    Hey guys and gals I just seen the news and Action Impact does not support open carry. Go to WXYZ web site and view the 6:00 pm news for the interview of Action Impact. I think It's time to Boycott that operation. I sent them an E-Mail about there thoughts and told them were to stick -it!!!!! Pecor
    Where have you been? It has always been time to boycott action impact.

I just seen?
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

BFD, as far as I know the place is owned and operated by active/retired LE and likely a few apologists. Spend your time and $$$ elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just seen?
    and you knew the sentence was not going to end with "the inside of a book".

Quote Originally Posted by pecor View Post
    And no doubt they're going to pay close attention to it because of your superior command of English, spelling, punctuation, etc.

A note folks. Grammar is a fickle thing and in today's world, it is becoming extinct. There is however a nice way to point out errors, is there not? My point? He/She came here with good intent it appears, so why tear someone down just because they made a error in their grammar? Back biting & stabbing is always welcomed by our foes and the enemies of freedom & human rights. Carry on ??? .
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    A note folks. Grammar is a fickle thing and in today's world, it is becoming extinct. There is however a nice way to point out errors, is there not? My point? He/She came here with good intent it appears, so why tear someone down just because they made a error in their grammar? Back biting & stabbing is always welcomed by our foes and the enemies of freedom & human rights. Carry on ??? .
    Well stated. Yankee snobbery on display it seems...bless their hearts.

OP, you keep your ear to the ground, we old-ish timers don't get out as often as we should. Keep up the good work.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Well stated. Yankee snobbery on display it seems...bless their hearts...

The employees at AI are nice as hell (I've bought a few guns there from Alphonzo) but the owner is far from nice. He's a retired SWAT officer I believe, and he also teaches their CPL class. In this class, he spends about 20 minutes slamming open carry saying how horrible it is, and has (from what I've heard) kicked out one or two people for defending it during one of his classes.

I've been going there for years, have probably been there about 60 times, and they've only told me to cover up the last 3 or 4 times, so I will not be going there anymore.

But there has always been a "No visible firearms inside the building" sign on the door, for as long as I can remember, which is all the way back since I was like 17 or 18 (so 2007, 2008ish).

Center Mass or Firearm Exchange are the definite places to go for me.
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    The employees at AI are nice as hell (I've bought a few guns there from Alphonzo) but the owner is far from nice. He's a retired SWAT officer I believe, and he also teaches their CPL class. In this class, he spends about 20 minutes slamming open carry saying how horrible it is, and has (from what I've heard) kicked out one or two people for defending it during one of his classes.

I've been going there for years, have probably been there about 60 times, and they've only told me to cover up the last 3 or 4 times, so I will not be going there anymore.

But there has always been a "No visible firearms inside the building" sign on the door, for as long as I can remember, which is all the way back since I was like 17 or 18 (so 2007, 2008ish).

Center Mass or Firearm Exchange are the definite places to go for me.
    There are other issues than just being told to cover up to deal with at ai. Including them believing everyone is a criminal and will not sell ammo to anyone around New Year's Eve.

I think there IS an OC website where that type of behavior is not only tolerated, it is promoted. I'm sure you'll come across it sometime. Most here try to be a bit more polite, especially as this is a place where those new to the world of OC tend to come first.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    There are other issues than just being told to cover up to deal with at ai. Including them believing everyone is a criminal and will not sell ammo to anyone around New Year's Eve.
    I think they just generally pander to the anti crowd too much. They seem to like going on TV and making other gun owners out as untrustworthy/stupid.

Let's not even start on their prices, "you have to buy our overpriced ammo to shoot your own guns on our range" policy, and Cheaper Than Dirt tier price gouging during the last panic.
    You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed.