• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9-4-14 6:00 Channel 7 news {Action Impact Says no to open carry}???????????????????

pecor

Hey guys and gals I just seen the news and Action Impact does not support open carry. Go to WXYZ web site and view the 6:00 pm news for the interview of Action Impact. I think It's time to Boycott that operation. I sent them an E-Mail about there thoughts and told them were to stick -it!!!!! Pecor

wizzi01

Hey guys and gals I just seen the news and Action Impact does not support open carry. Go to WXYZ web site and view the 6:00 pm news for the interview of Action Impact. I think It's time to Boycott that operation. I sent them an E-Mail about there thoughts and told them were to stick -it!!!!! Pecor

Where have you been? It has always been time to boycott action impact.

SpringerXDacp

BFD, as far as I know the place is owned and operated by active/retired LE and likely a few apologists. Spend your time and $$$ elsewhere.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
And no doubt they're going to pay close attention to it because of your superior command of English, spelling, punctuation, etc. :uhoh: :uhoh:

FreeInAZ

A note folks. Grammar is a fickle thing and in today's world, it is becoming extinct. There is however a nice way to point out errors, is there not? My point? He/She came here with good intent it appears, so why tear someone down just because they made a error in their grammar? Back biting & stabbing is always welcomed by our foes and the enemies of freedom & human rights. Carry on :rolleyes: ??? .

OC for ME

A note folks. Grammar is a fickle thing and in today's world, it is becoming extinct. There is however a nice way to point out errors, is there not? My point? He/She came here with good intent it appears, so why tear someone down just because they made a error in their grammar? Back biting & stabbing is always welcomed by our foes and the enemies of freedom & human rights. Carry on :rolleyes: ??? .
Well stated. Yankee snobbery on display it seems...bless their hearts.

OP, you keep your ear to the ground, we old-ish timers don't get out as often as we should. Keep up the good work.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MikeTheGreek

The employees at AI are nice as hell (I've bought a few guns there from Alphonzo) but the owner is far from nice. He's a retired SWAT officer I believe, and he also teaches their CPL class. In this class, he spends about 20 minutes slamming open carry saying how horrible it is, and has (from what I've heard) kicked out one or two people for defending it during one of his classes.

I've been going there for years, have probably been there about 60 times, and they've only told me to cover up the last 3 or 4 times, so I will not be going there anymore.

But there has always been a "No visible firearms inside the building" sign on the door, for as long as I can remember, which is all the way back since I was like 17 or 18 (so 2007, 2008ish).

Center Mass or Firearm Exchange are the definite places to go for me.

wizzi01

The employees at AI are nice as hell (I've bought a few guns there from Alphonzo) but the owner is far from nice. He's a retired SWAT officer I believe, and he also teaches their CPL class. In this class, he spends about 20 minutes slamming open carry saying how horrible it is, and has (from what I've heard) kicked out one or two people for defending it during one of his classes.

I've been going there for years, have probably been there about 60 times, and they've only told me to cover up the last 3 or 4 times, so I will not be going there anymore.

But there has always been a "No visible firearms inside the building" sign on the door, for as long as I can remember, which is all the way back since I was like 17 or 18 (so 2007, 2008ish).

Center Mass or Firearm Exchange are the definite places to go for me.

There are other issues than just being told to cover up to deal with at ai. Including them believing everyone is a criminal and will not sell ammo to anyone around New Year's Eve.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

I think there IS an OC website where that type of behavior is not only tolerated, it is promoted. I'm sure you'll come across it sometime. Most here try to be a bit more polite, especially as this is a place where those new to the world of OC tend to come first.

Samopal

There are other issues than just being told to cover up to deal with at ai. Including them believing everyone is a criminal and will not sell ammo to anyone around New Year's Eve.

I think they just generally pander to the anti crowd too much. They seem to like going on TV and making other gun owners out as untrustworthy/stupid.

Let's not even start on their prices, "you have to buy our overpriced ammo to shoot your own guns on our range" policy, and Cheaper Than Dirt tier price gouging during the last panic.