Thread: Owen Martin - NH gunsmith custom-builds AK-47s much better than the originals

Owen Martin - NH gunsmith custom-builds AK-47s much better than the originals

Linky.

He doesn't just make 'em. He makes 'em better.

Might be worthwhile keeping in the back of your head, given the near extinction of AK-47 sales here in the U.S. due to sanctions against Russia.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Linky.

He doesn't just make 'em. He makes 'em better.

Might be worthwhile keeping in the back of your head, given the near extinction of AK-47 sales here in the U.S. due to sanctions against Russia.
    Don't worry most AK's come from Romania, and other countries.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Banned
    I doubt he builds them from scratch ... likely just a builder from parts guy (for the most part).

Go ahead an build one (ie using parts but receiver that you make - no one expects to have all the machinery needed to make every single part) .. its a heck of alot harder than a AR. Still fun though .. just takes about 4x the effort ... at least from my experience (or I am so used to making the ARs I can do them in my sleep).

Customization with AKs ... not as variable as ARs I would think. There's a reason why ARs are so popular....so many changes one can make to them...

Campaign Veteran
    "Don't worry most AK's come from Romania, and other countries." -- golddigger14s

Yeah...but Romania got theirs from Albania, and Albania doesn't have any more! Ran out YEARS ago! ;-)

When they had that revolution a few years ago in Albania, citizens raided the armories and took ALL the guns & ammo home. I recall seeing a kid dragging (it was on 2 small wheels) a heavy-caliber (12.7mm "Dushka"?) machine gun down the sidewalk. Just about everyone in Albania armed themselves back then...no way to know for sure how many households have how many guns -- or crates of ammo. I guess they want to be ready for the next Albania-Kosovo-Bosnia conflict...as the last one was a Heads Up for them.

So much for "Can't we all just get along?"

Answer: No, we can't. Never will.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 09-05-2014 at 02:46 AM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

3200 bucks? 2 ARs and plenty of ammo for that money.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    3200 bucks? 2 ARs and plenty of ammo for that money.
    3200? is that what he charges for a AK...

I could build 6 ARs for dat ... and 8 AKs