• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting Nor Cal

Jeannette

I will be going to the San Francisco Bay Area for a week. I will be staying in the South San Francisco area and Day City area. I am coming in from Las Vegas. Is there anything regarding ordinances or laws in these areas I should be aware of?

mjones

I will be going to the San Francisco Bay Area for a week. I will be staying in the South San Francisco area and Day City area. I am coming in from Las Vegas. Is there anything regarding ordinances or laws in these areas I should be aware of?

Importation of Large Capacity Magazines (LCMs) is illegal unless they were previously possessed within CA prior to 1/1/00. Ditto for LCM 'conversion kits' (i.e. components of LCMs) CA PC 32310, 32311, 32420

When transporting a pistol in CA, it needs to be unloaded and in a secure, locked container.

On a similar note, do not bring in, any so-called, 'assault pistol' Basically, no threaded barrels or magazines outside the pistol grip. CA PC 30515.(a)(4)

It is legal to carry loaded and/or concealed in any residence or temporary residence - this includes hotels, campsites, and RVs when being used as a residence. See exceptions to PC 25400 and 25850