• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"A Message to ISIS for 9/11: We Will Stand Up and Defend America"

acmariner99

ISIS doesn't even deserve to be called human. What they are doing to innocent people over there is nothing less than genocide. Minorities that have existed for hundreds or even thousands of years are now extinct because of IS' "if you are not Muslim you die" policy.

This is a monster of our creation (many here advocate assuming responsibility for one's actions, so should we not to some degree fix the mess we made?) - arming rebel groups that fought strongmen who are not nice people, but knew how to keep these radicals in check was a horrible idea. Saying we never should have gotten involved in Iraq to begin with is beside the point. What is done is done. I see a holocaust unfolding before our very eyes if we let it go unchecked.

I am not saying we should jump in blindly - we did that in Iraq and look what we got for our trouble. The nations in the region do need to take responsibility for their own security and stop relying on the US and ironically Israel doing it for them. Organize a coalition of willing nations, recognize an independent Kurdistan, let Iran have control of Iraq's Shia eastern regions, limit involvement to humanitarian aid and guidance to coalition nations wanting to militarily go after these punks - (though I think times when IS gathers en masse we should glass the area).

It is a horrible catch 22 - get involved and commit ourselves to yet more costly war, do nothing and the region succumbs to radical Islam and many thousands murdered for just being who they are.

Last edited:

acmariner99

I care not for your personal attacks. There is no evidence of your claims. You must be confused as to the nature of a lot of my posts. If you need clarification, feel free to PM me as they come up. I'm not looking to delve into this personal attack BS with you again via public forum.

If you wish to accept those professionally produced "beheading videos" as reality, then have fun. I'm not denying the Americans were likely beheaded, but the videos are a joke - and ISIS wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the US. The "War on Terror" has proven ineffective and even counter intuitive.

I share a lot of skidmark's sentiments on the matter.

I fail to see how he personally attacked you. Where is your proof that these videos are "professionally made" - I agree that IS is a monster of our own creation, but not because of the reasons you think. Challenging Hussein and Assad created a vacuum where people like this could thrive and seize control of territory with little resistance. Giving them clout through endless reporting and supplying rebel groups certainly isn't helping matters either.

These groups strike me as being very "anarchistic" in a way - no coherent leadership, but have a clear set of goals behind a unifying ideal and purpose. Cut off one head and another grows back.

The Truth

OK I wasn't way off on my numbers, I'm apparently behind on my news and only off by a few thousand. Not sure where the number "35,000-50,000" came from though. This website says 7,000 combat troops. That's pretty close to what I already understood to be true. Their numbers are truly pathetic.

http://www.vox.com/cards/things-about-isis-you-need-to-know/iraqi-army-sectarian-lines

As far as personal attacks, I'm not going to debate someone who instead of posting an argument to the negative against my claim, posts an argument attacking ME, not my argument. That's called ad hominem, and based on my experience with solus in the past, this is nothing new and I want nothing to do with it.

...have shown by your actions and words you accept other things at face value w/o video proof.

This is an attack on my character, implying that I am gullible and ignorant - and is a false claim anyway. If you want to win an argument you need only to prove me wrong, not try to discredit me personally. Do you have video evidence that there are 35,000-50,000 members of ISIS? This argument serves no purpose whatsoever except to discredit me as a person. You prove this point again with this statement:

finally, your perception my post is some sort of a personal attack, nawllllll !! i didn't discuss your heritage, you mommy, your upbringing, nor your gun ~ now those would be considered personal attacks. However, i do find it quite interesting you insist on reacting immediately jumping into a rant 'you are being unjustly persecuted ~ quit it!' whenever ANYBODY you feel causes you to lose face.

Maybe you should check your definition of personal attack. It's pretty elementary and inaccurate. Also check the definition of "argument to authority," as it is the converse. Your mention of my "losing face" further proves my point that you think you have caused me to "lose face," justifying my claim that you use ad hominem. I've never typed the words 'unjustly persecuted' in this forum with exception to this sentence.

Seriously, I'm not going through this with you again, solus.

solus

allow me to reiterate my previous post w/same cite, to refresh your memory which provided where the numbers i referenced came from:

30,000 - 50,000 ~ The number of militants now fighting with the Islamic State, according to a recent estimate by Dr. Hisham al-Hashimi, an expert on the group. Many former Iraqi Army soldiers have been forced to join and others have been recruited from around the region and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5659239.html

clarifying the misinformation provided by you? you are right, this is the same argument you continually use to anybody when your information presented is 'skewed' and w/o cite and someone provides viable information pointing out your emotionally biased post and you immediately respond w/ 'i'm being attacked, i'm being attacked'.

again as stated previously, i am stating an opinion based on my perception about your accepting things at face value. that you consider it a personal attack is truly your issue.

btw, glad you found the site...but are you sure you wish to use the term you mentioned without prefacing what your point was in your last posting quote: "Also check the definition of "argument to authority," as it is the converse. " unquote; as my definition located:

quote To justify an appeal, the arguer should at least present an exact quote.(yepper did that) It's more convincing if the quote contains context, (yepper did this also) and if the arguer can say where the quote comes from (oh ya, got this parameter covered also). quote

ipse

sudden valley gunner

Handguns don't stop planes, car bombs, or pressure cooker ieds......

Should carry every day anyways.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Niether does the government and its myriads of agencies infringing upon our liberties.

Of course the actions of the US involving itself in foreign countries has been a cause of a few of those instances.

beebobby

We paid billions of dollars for drones which keep US personnel out of harm's way. (And these assets operate with complete impunity in combat theaters where threats have no air defenses). How silly of me to think a bunch of cowboy thugs confined to wandering Iraqi and Syrian sand dunes, with zero air support, armed almost exclusively with light combat arms and access only to YouTube and select sectarian websites to propagandize their weekend club activities, might pose a "serious threat to US security". In what GOP hawk's wet dream, one wonders?

Trade the drone coverage (in support of Shia and Kurdish local security actions) for oil. Seems simple enough...

Primus

We paid billions of dollars for drones which keep US personnel out of harm's way. (And these assets operate with complete impunity in combat theaters where threats have no air defenses). How silly of me to think a bunch of cowboy thugs confined to wandering Iraqi and Syrian sand dunes, with zero air support, armed almost exclusively with light combat arms and access only to YouTube and select sectarian websites to propagandize their weekend club activities, might pose a "serious threat to US security". In what GOP hawk's wet dream, one wonders?

Trade the drone coverage (in support of Shia and Kurdish local security actions) for oil. Seems simple enough...

U seriously under estimate them.

beebobby

They are not a threat to us, they are an occupying army that enjoys pillaging. Till we bomb the hell out of them, that is. Then those with the money will run away and steal from the rest of them.

The Truth

+1

Primus

They are not a threat to us, they are an occupying army that enjoys pillaging. Till we bomb the hell out of them, that is. Then those with the money will run away and steal from the rest of them.

Have you seen the photos of these guys holding their flag in front of the white house? There was another with them in front of some other state or federal building.

The are here. To believe otherwise is to put your head in the sand.

WalkingWolf

Have you seen the photos of these guys holding their flag in front of the white house? There was another with them in front of some other state or federal building.

The are here. To believe otherwise is to put your head in the sand.

There are a lot more dangerous police officers than there are ISIS in this country~~Wonder when we will wage war against them?

A few airstrikes on the Ferguson Police Dept ordered by Obama?

The Truth

Holy crap they waived a flag??!?!? And they are going to kill Twitter employees? STOP THE PRESSES AND DECLARE MARTIAL LAW

The Truth

Reynold's Wrap's stock is going to go through the roof in the coming months, methinks.

The US Military in the Middle East is/was an utter failure. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were so pointless it's mind blowing given the amount of money and American lives that were shoveled into the wars. The US's ability to organize the local militias and create infrastructure is embarrassing. If it's not militias turning coat or killing each other or being addicted to heroin it's premature withdrawal causing a vacuum which allows pissant-little-man-complex groups like ISIS to exist. Did they kidnap an important diplomat and saw his head off on national television? No, they killed an innocent journalist and made a Hi-Fi, clearly scripted YouTube propaganda video, and now they are threatening to take out Twitter employees. Who gives a sh!t? The United States has bigger issues to worry about, like militarization of police, taxes, and securing our borders, or any of the other multitudes of things that we should be focusing on in our own country.

All the while the anti-liberty statists keep trying to restrict gun rights everywhere, effectively removing people's independence and replacing it with blind reliance on the state for protection. Seems counter intuitive, especially if ISIS is as big of a threat as you seem to think they are. Wouldn't it make more sense for EVERYONE to be armed?

As far as ignorance, that's a hollow claim. Are there major attacks I'm unaware of? Is the US military really so inept that we can't destroy a group of 8,000-35,000 or so inbred goat humpers armed with weapons we gave them? Rhetorical question. I'm sure there will be another 10 year money-drain campaign to "rid the Earth of terrorism."

How many acts of "terrorism" have occurred on US soil this year so far compared to statist jack boots abusing the Constitution against American law-abiding citizens?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Well I won't consider them a serious and they are even lower than laughable threat right now until they kill: US Senators: Feinstein, Murphy, Schatz, Hirono, Mikulski, Gillibrand, Franken, Cardin, Cantwell, Blumenthal, Baldwin, Menendez, Stabenow, Reed, Brown; and other folks in DC.

I triple dog dare them !

Cannot even tell their true name: ISIS, IS, WEIS, YOUIS, HEIS, SHEIS....

Primus

Well I won't consider them a serious and they are even lower than laughable threat right now until they kill: US Senators: Feinstein, Murphy, Schatz, Hirono, Mikulski, Gillibrand, Franken, Cardin, Cantwell, Blumenthal, Baldwin, Menendez, Stabenow, Reed, Brown; and other folks in DC.

I triple dog dare them !

Cannot even tell their true name: ISIS, IS, WEIS, YOUIS, HEIS, SHEIS....

Lol i see what you did there...