• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"A Message to ISIS for 9/11: We Will Stand Up and Defend America"

WalkingWolf

I carry everyday, and for one reason, not to be a victim. It is not about causes, not even about 9/11, it is about resposibilty for our safety.

Primus

Handguns don't stop planes, car bombs, or pressure cooker ieds......

Should carry every day anyways.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The blind link is to a poetry blog.

Only the 1st article is poetry related. Look at the 2nd one.

"Of all the civilized countries in the world, the population of the United States has the most well-armed citizens in the world. We have something in the Constitution of the United States called the Second Amendment that allows us to be so armed."

http://wp.me/pJppN-6bz

davidmcbeth

Banned
9/11 is also a day, that we as American citizens will demonstrate our will to stand up and defend our country from the likes of killers such as the evil face of ISIS.

Say 9-11 is a reason for everything ! ISIS has done nothing to us, if rhetoric was the standard then we would be at war with N. Korea too. War with everyone ! War on spiders, they harm Americans !

War on crooked politicians that send our kids to be in harms way for their own reasons? Wait, lets not get crazy.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
...and don't forget our so-called "War on Crime, "War on Drugs," and the more recently declared "War on Terror." ALL complete jokes and talk -- no action, no results. After all these many years.

NO country or rag-tag "insurgent" is afraid of America nowadays, as it has become a PC/Paper Tiger YEARS ago. And a global joke militarily-speaking with empty tough-talk and outrageous "Rules of Engagement" to fight "humane wars" (an oxymoron). And sadly, Israel has become like us, also, too "PC civilized" and so never properly conducting OR finishing a military venture it starts or to which it is responding. Their "Glory Days" (1960s/70s military conflicts against Arab States) are LONG behind them. They're Paper Tigers nowadays, too.

Whatever, ISIS is doing business the old fashioned, no-nonsense ancient/medieval way. How it SHOULD be done. No wonder they're successful. Plus, they are inspired/motivated by intense religious zeal (intense political/ideology zeal is the OTHER of the 2 well-known Prime Motivators) AND not afraid to die -- like their enemies aren't & are, respectively.

Still, here in America and in the "civilian world," *I* take the declared "War on Crime" seriously, being armed out there on those mean streets -- even if the ones who declared ("started") it -- those sorry, tough-talking no substance politicians -- don't. So in a way, I'm a soldier in this "War on Crime" and must reasonably assume that if there is a "war" status, then in THIS so-called "War on Crime," CRIMINALS must be the "enemy" (and yes, they are). Makes sense to me. So if said "war" comes to me in a one-on-one encounter in some parking lot, side street, restaurant, car-jacking, home invasion or whatever -- my very own personal "war" if you will -- I do what soldiers do: Kill the enemy (just like my "other war" 44 years ago). It's no difference to me -- war is war -- but then that's probably just me.

Whatever, THAT's how you REALLY deal with crime...no muss, no fuss, no nonsense, no talk. Just ACT, and act with decisive overwhelming violence to what you're getting. Annihilate the enemy. He starts it, you finish it. However you want.

That's what our military should do also: Once sent abroad to do a job, let the Dogs of War off their leashes to DO it. No interference from naïve, ignorant, pansy civilians (like the damn President -- and don't tolerate the same lack of spine in generals/admirals, either). And no care for "World Opinion" or "collateral damage" (contrary to popular but ignorant public belief, there are no "innocent civilians" in the concept of "Total War"). Then when the enemy has been annihilated -- and ONLY then -- the Dogs of War are put back on the leash. Until NEXT time.

That's how you do it. Get primitive. Annihilate the enemy AND all life supporting them. Wholesale. A country doing this EVERY TIME it is messed with will by sheer reputation deter many future attacks. For any future enemies NOT impressed or deterred, it doesn't matter: They just get the opportunity to die/seek martyrdom. Oblige them.

It's all so simple, really: Violence really DOES solve problems, and lethal violence solves them permanently.

I like permanent solutions to problems...but again, that's probably just me. ;-)

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

...and don't forget our so-called "War on Crime, "War on Drugs," and the more recently declared "War on Terror." ALL complete jokes and talk -- no action, no results. After all these many years.

NO country or rag-tag "insurgent" is afraid of America nowadays, as it has become a PC/Paper Tiger YEARS ago. And a global joke militarily-speaking with empty tough-talk and outrageous "Rules of Engagement" to fight "humane wars" (an oxymoron). And sadly, Israel has become like us, also, too "PC civilized" and so never properly conducting OR finishing a military venture it starts.

ISIS is doing business the old fashioned, no-nonsense ancient/medieval way. How it SHOULD be done. No wonder they're successful. Plus, they are inspired/motivated by intense religious zeal (intense political/ideology zeal is the OTHER of the 2 Prime Motivators) AND not afraid to die -- like their enemies aren't & are, respectively.

Still, *I* take the "War on Crime" seriously, being armed out there on those mean streets -- even if the ones who started it (politicians) don't: So in a way, I'm a soldier in the War on Crime...and I must reasonably assume that if there is a "war" status, then in THIS so-called "War on Crime," then criminals must be (yes, they are) the "enemy." Makes sense to me. So if said "war" comes to me in a one-on-one encounter in some parking lot, side street, restaurant, car-jacking, home invasion or whatever, I do what soldiers do: Kill the enemy (just like my "other war" 44 years ago) -- no difference to me, but then that's probably just me.

Whatever, THAT's how you REALLY deal with crime...no muss, no fuss, no nonsense, no talk.

Just ACT, and act with decisive overwhelming violence to what you're getting.

That's what our military should do also: Once sent abroad to do a job, let the Dogs of War off their leashes to DO it. No interference from naïve, ignorant, pansy civilians (like the damn President -- and don't tolerate the same lack of spine in generals/admirals, either). And no care for "World Opinion" or "collateral damage" (contrary to popular but ignorant public belief, there are no "innocent civilians" in the concept of "Total War"). Then when the enemy has been annihilated -- and ONLY then -- the Dogs of War are put back on the leash. Until NEXT time.

That's how you do it. Get primitive. Annihilate the enemy AND all life supporting them. Wholesale. A country doing this EVERY TIME it is messed with will by sheer reputation deter many future attacks. For any future enemies NOT impressed or deterred, it doesn't matter: They just get the opportunity to die/seek martyrdom. Oblige them.

It's all so simple, really. Violence really DOES solve problems. Lethal violence solves them permanently.

I like permanent solutions to problems...but again, that's probably just me. ;-)

Very well said,,, And it needs to be said,, And it needs to be heard!!!
And NO,,, Its probably Not Just YOU!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Warning

--snipped--
Makes sense to me. So if said "war" comes to me in a one-on-one encounter in some parking lot, side street, restaurant, car-jacking, home invasion or whatever -- my very own personal "war" if you will -- I do what soldiers do: Kill the enemy (just like my "other war" 44 years ago). It's no difference to me -- war is war -- but then that's probably just me.

Whatever, THAT's how you REALLY deal with crime...no muss, no fuss, no nonsense, no talk. Just ACT, and act with decisive overwhelming violence to what you're getting. Annihilate the enemy. He starts it, you finish it. However you want.

It's all so simple, really: Violence really DOES solve problems, and lethal violence solves them permanently.

We are NOT vigilantes, nor judge and jury. We only condone use of deadly force for legal self-defense - excusable or justified. Never as a preemptive strike. Deployed as a defensive response until the threat has ceased - death is not the goal.

The "flavor" of your post is distasteful and not appreciated. No more.

Freedom1Man

The attack on 9-11 was not done by some cave dwelling terrorist. It was done through a group effort of the federal government and the Israeli government, there may be more involved.

ISIS is a alphabet agency creation through our federal government.

So, please, stop shouting your ignorance from the roof tops.

The Truth

I refuse to address a puppet organization of about 3-4,000 members that has nothing to do with me and is being shoved down people's throats by the mainstream media. I'm damn sure not going to let said group affect my daily decision making, nor am I going to vocalize it.

Acknowledging this group legitimizes this group in my opinion. I OC all day every day and it has nothing to do with *persons of Arab descent*.

Even if the beheading videos were real (which they are not, not the 2 released by this group anyway), in the game of chess do you bang your fists on the chessboard over the loss of a pawn?

Let's see if it takes our military another 10-year campaign to rid the Earth of this group of 3-4,000 that our own government helped create.

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkingWolf

I am not trying to be cold, but do we bomb and get upset when skydiver goes splat? By now everybody knows that going to the middle east could result in problems.

I feel sorry for their families, but it is no reason for innocent people to die. I am just baffled that after 40 years of this carp we have not figured it out that kill them all does not work.

Plus keep in mind that our failure in chief armed and funded these people. How did that turn out in Libya?

solus

I refuse to address a puppet organization of about 3-4,000 members that has nothing to do with me and is being shoved down people's throats by the mainstream media. I'm damn sure not going to let said group affect my daily decision making, nor am I going to vocalize it.
Acknowledging this group legitimizes this group in my opinion. I OC all day every day and it has nothing to do with Haji.
Even if the beheading videos were real (which they are not, not the 2 released by this group anyway), in the game of chess do you bang your fists on the chessboard over the loss of a pawn?
Let's see if it takes our military another 10-year campaign to rid the Earth of this group of 3-4,000 that our own government helped create.

I believe your estimate is a bit low...
30,000 - 50,000 ~ The number of militants now fighting with the Islamic State, according to a recent estimate by Dr. Hisham al-Hashimi, an expert on the group. Many former Iraqi Army soldiers have been forced to join and others have been recruited from around the region and beyond.

13,000 ~ The number of square miles thought to be under Islamic State control, a stretch between Syria and Iraq that is roughly the size of Belgium. Other estimates suggest the Islamic State controls an area closer to 35,000 square miles, or roughly the size of Jordan.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/isis-iraq-numbers_n_5659239.html

this is not your every day run of the mill terrorist group and your denial the beheadings were not real is baffling since you have shown by your actions and words you accept other things at face value w/o video proof.

unfortunately, one of greatest fears within the Islamic community is the group will go after the holy cities, Mecca and Medina in the KSA.

I appreciate your perception to not legitimize or acknowledge this group since they are soooooo far away so I suppose it falls under your concept, out of sight out of mind, but it is reminiscent of a poem by,Martin Niemöller.

ipse

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If ISIS/ISIL/IS - presuming s/he is less adept at camoflage than the infamous Sumdood so I can recognize them - comes at me in a way making me apprehend an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury I will do everything in my power, with every tool I have with me, to stop that threat.

But if you are wanting me to join some nebulous band of wannabe sojers who will push aside the regularly constituted armed forces in order to be at the front of the front lines then count me out. I did my time, and in spite of that I am old and because of that I am crippled. And if I wasn't I still would not go with some ragtag group of folks wanting to be heroes of whatever ilk.

The odds of me seeing Sumdood setting out a bomb in some mall (let alone my being in a mall to begin with) are very low. But if I happened to be where there was an active shooter I am not "rushing to the sound of the guns". My first job is to protect me and mine, and then - if I'm feeling generous - to try and help others get away as safely as possible. And yes, I could go to sleep without a care in the world knowing that somebody got killed/maimed because they did not believe in being responsible for their own safety and instead hoped and prayed that somebody who did believe in protecting him/herself from harm would also save them.

OTOH, you put an invading army, wearing distinctive uniforms, that has gotten past our regularly constituted military and it will be 'Wolverines!" all the way. To the dismay of some ISIS/ISIL/IS (at least at this time) does not fit that description.

stay safe.

Last edited:

The Truth

I believe your estimate is a bit low...
30,000 - 50,000 ~ The number of militants now fighting with the Islamic State, according to a recent estimate by Dr. Hisham al-Hashimi, an expert on the group. Many former Iraqi Army soldiers have been forced to join and others have been recruited from around the region and beyond.

13,000 ~ The number of square miles thought to be under Islamic State control, a stretch between Syria and Iraq that is roughly the size of Belgium. Other estimates suggest the Islamic State controls an area closer to 35,000 square miles, or roughly the size of Jordan.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/isis-iraq-numbers_n_5659239.html

this is not your every day run of the mill terrorist group and your denial the beheadings were not real is baffling since you have shown by your actions and words you accept other things at face value w/o video proof.

unfortunately, one of greatest fears within the Islamic community is the group will go after the holy cities, Mecca and Medina in the KSA.

I appreciate your perception to not legitimize or acknowledge this group since they are soooooo far away so I suppose it falls under your concept, out of sight out of mind, but it is reminiscent of a poem by,Martin Niemöller.

ipse

I care not for your personal attacks. There is no evidence of your claims. You must be confused as to the nature of a lot of my posts. If you need clarification, feel free to PM me as they come up. I'm not looking to delve into this personal attack BS with you again via public forum.

If you wish to accept those professionally produced "beheading videos" as reality, then have fun. I'm not denying the Americans were likely beheaded, but the videos are a joke - and ISIS wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the US. The "War on Terror" has proven ineffective and even counter intuitive.

I share a lot of skidmark's sentiments on the matter.

solus

'The Truth" how on earth could anybody get confused on statement(s) you have provided misinformation to membership, without any type of cites, about :quote: "....puppet organization of about 3-4,000 members...." unquote when in fact true estimates of ISIS membership range 30K - 50K as provided by the cite i referenced.

as for my possible misunderstanding about your statement the professionally produced beheading videos being: quote: "Even if the beheading videos were real (which they are not, not the 2 released by this group anyway...)" unquote could you provide where i mis-spoke that you have accepted other lessor important things at face value?

just a point, the videos i viewed showed someone struggling, in anguish, gurgling as they choke on their own body fluids, as someone with a semi dull knife slices their throat.

finally, your perception my post is some sort of a personal attack, nawllllll !! i didn't discuss your heritage, you mommy, your upbringing, nor your gun ~ now those would be considered personal attacks. However, i do find it quite interesting you insist on reacting immediately jumping into a rant 'you are being unjustly persecuted ~ quit it!' whenever ANYBODY you feel causes you to lose face.

ipse

BTW, i am sure skid is pleased you "share a lot of his sentiments"

Last edited: