• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saf backs lawsuit over handgun ban in northern marianas

rightwinglibertarian

http://www.saf.org/?p=4164

The Second Amendment Foundation today joined in supporting a lawsuit that challenges the ban on possession and use of handguns in the Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands, which was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern Marianas.

Joining SAF in supporting this legal action are the National Rifle Association’s Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund and Hawaii Defense Foundation. Plaintiffs in the case are Li-Rong Radich and David Radich. Named as the defendant is James C. Deleon Guerrero in his official capacity as commissioner of the Department of Public Safety. Plaintiffs are represented by attorney Dan Guidotti in the Marianas, and Glen Ellyn, Ill., attorney David G. Sigale.

Never been there but I thought it may interest somebody

Jared

Actually, this website is responsible for this lawsuit. I have been complaining to Gray Peterson about their gun laws for a long time.

Then Mike and John add the territories to this website..... And along comes a willing plaintiff .

SAF did fun this lawsuit (thanks Alan) but it started as an internet endeavor that had Hawaii Defense Fund and Calguns starting the fundraising.

This lawsuit was low hanging fruit but there were A LOT of complications with this. But it does show that some people hanging out and complaining on the internet can make a change.... You can too!!

rightwinglibertarian

Actually, this website is responsible for this lawsuit. I have been complaining to Gray Peterson about their gun laws for a long time.

Then Mike and John add the territories to this website..... And along comes a willing plaintiff .

SAF did fun this lawsuit (thanks Alan) but it started as an internet endeavor that had Hawaii Defense Fund and Calguns starting the fundraising.

This lawsuit was low hanging fruit but there were A LOT of complications with this. But it does show that some people hanging out and complaining on the internet can make a change.... You can too!!

not to take this to far OT but are you saying I can do something to make WI Constitutional carry or the residents on CA or IL can in their states? Surely there arent enough patriots in those states to have much of an impact other than be flies on the backs of the local police?

Jared

not to take this to far OT but are you saying I can do something to make WI Constitutional carry or the residents on CA or IL can in their states? Surely there arent enough patriots in those states to have much of an impact other than be flies on the backs of the local police?

Something like that, I don't see how given that we can't even get carry ruled as a right.

Something like challenging that 2 day waiting period for people who already hold a carry license? Yes

Something like challenging the switchblade ban and ban on other types of weapons at least for people who can already own a firearm, Yes.

It's legal to roll an NFA registered Gatling gun into a shopping mall in Wisconsin but illegal to possess a switchblade (as they were confiscated in 1958).

The CNMI was low hanging fruit, but it builds up a base. Then hopefully people in CNMI who get guns challenge Guam's treatment of non-residents or whatever else they feel like doing.

Maybe people in WI who go to IL could challenge that they can't even apply for an IL license because of an arbitrary provision of the law. That would be low hanging fruit as well.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
You are doing great work. Thanks

Thank you for doing the work you are doing.

With the win in Peruta today, it is hard to see how you will not be getting at least "shall issue" in Northern Mariana Islands.