• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Honest answer please PART II - 2014 RI NON RESIDENT CCW

spt_1955

Please read this CAREFULLY.

I have been researching this for weeks now and I really am looking (as are others) for an honest answer to a simple question. (Actually it is a 2 part question so for the sake of the grammar Nazi's out there, I guess it is a compound question)

Question : HAS ANYBODY SUCCESSFULLY APPLIED FOR AND RECEIVED A RHODE ISLAND NON-RESIDENT (REPEAT : NON-RESIDENT) CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT? IF YES, WHAT IS THE PROCESS?

Please do not point to the law or explanations of AG may issue vs local PD shall issue regulations. Please do not point to the RI Supreme Court case regarding Curio and Relics License as being a suitable reason, etc. We are aware of all of that. Please do not tell me "Yes I have a permit and it was very difficult to get if you are a RESIDENT. This is a specific non-resident question.

If you are a non resident and have been denied I would like to hear from you also.

Bottom line is that I am legal to carry in all NE states except RI and I would like to stop worrying about borders. I realize that I am trapped in NE unless I rely on FOPA to drive through NY/NJ and escape to the free states but I would like to be legal in NE.

THanks.

Jared

Please read this CAREFULLY.

I have been researching this for weeks now and I really am looking (as are others) for an honest answer to a simple question. (Actually it is a 2 part question so for the sake of the grammar Nazi's out there, I guess it is a compound question)

Question : HAS ANYBODY SUCCESSFULLY APPLIED FOR AND RECEIVED A RHODE ISLAND NON-RESIDENT (REPEAT : NON-RESIDENT) CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT? IF YES, WHAT IS THE PROCESS?

Please do not point to the law or explanations of AG may issue vs local PD shall issue regulations. Please do not point to the RI Supreme Court case regarding Curio and Relics License as being a suitable reason, etc. We are aware of all of that. Please do not tell me "Yes I have a permit and it was very difficult to get if you are a RESIDENT. This is a specific non-resident question.

If you are a non resident and have been denied I would like to hear from you also.

Bottom line is that I am legal to carry in all NE states except RI and I would like to stop worrying about borders. I realize that I am trapped in NE unless I rely on FOPA to drive through NY/NJ and escape to the free states but I would like to be legal in NE.

THanks.

I've been told by my former RI gun buddies that Woonsocket, and Warwick have issued to non-residents. It also appears that Providence will (they say so in their application).

My father is going to apply for a town permit, he lives out of state. We'll see what happens.

If you are serious about applying (willing to push the issue via lawsuit), contact Comm2a, they know how to reach me, but keep in mind that there is a case in federal court suing Bristol over this issue and there is an appeal from East Providence in RI Supreme Court as we speak.

I'd try applying to Woonsocket as they have had a long history of issuing permits with little to no issues (except one thing that some people have told them to pound sand on).
I do miss the Mass/Rhode Island area, but it's GREAT to go back to those places as a non-resident.

Last edited: