Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Cc victory for grnc

  1. #1
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258

    Cc victory for grnc

    Looks like the GRNC can count another victory for Concealed Carry. too bad they don't fight for right to carry


    Grass Roots North Carolina, P.O. Box 10665, Raleigh, NC 27605
    877-282-0939, www.GRNC.org, Fax: 919-573-0354
    GRNC Alert 9-7-14
    Lee County Considers Repeal of Carry Restrictions
    Issue To Be Decided at Next Commissioner's Meeting


    You may remember that last month, after rigorous discussion and detailed examination of the issue, Rowan County wisely voted to repeal ALL carry restrictions in parks and county facilities. As a result, county properties and buildings are now open to lawful concealed carry. A similar proposal to eliminate all restrictions is now being considered by Lee County commissioners. This measure to rescind carry bans will be voted on during the next meeting to be held Monday, September 8th, at 6:00 PM. Your feedback and support are essential to encourage the commissioners, and remind them where law-abiding gun owners stand on this issue. See what you can do to help the passage of the new ordinances below.

    IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
    • Email the Lee County Commissioners and encourage them to vote for the proposed changes as submitted. Below you’ll find a copy/paste e-mail list and a copy/paste message to send to them.


    • Attend the Lee County Commission Meeting. More than ever, we need a large turnout of gun rights supporters as the “gun banners” are aware of this vote and plan to turn out in force agitating against this expansion of gun rights. Here are the details:

    Where:
    Lee County Government Center, 106 Hillcrest Drive, Sanford, NC 27331
    When:
    Monday, September 8, 2014, 6 PM
    CONTACT INFO
    Lee County Commission copy/paste email list:

    cparks@leecountync.gov; ksmith@leecountync.gov; rreives@leecountync.gov; rfrazier@leecountync.gov; adalrymple@leecountync.gov; aknecht@leecountync.gov; commissioner.womack@gmail.com
    DELIVER TH
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Custodian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Capital City of Oaks - Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    293
    I'm noticing that its "easier" (or appears easier) to fight for the privileges of those who possess a government permission slip, versus a natural or constitutional right. I think that's why GRNC does what it does. However, the door remains wide open for anyone willing to put their time and energy into an organization that fights for the RIGHTS of the people, all people. However, for the moment, there doesn't seem to be any takers on a state level who does that kind of work.
    Last edited by Custodian; 09-08-2014 at 12:31 AM. Reason: more stuff
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

    Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,151
    Find an old GRNC member, with ten years tenure at least, and ask him about their adventures with the NC NRA affiliate.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    I'm noticing that its "easier" (or appears easier) to fight for the privileges of those who possess a government permission slip, versus a natural or constitutional right. I think that's why GRNC does what it does. However, the door remains wide open for anyone willing to put their time and energy into an organization that fights for the RIGHTS of the people, all people. However, for the moment, there doesn't seem to be any takers on a state level who does that kind of work.
    i believe, the good olde boy' gun toting citizens are so entrenched with GRNC whom they see 'representing' their interests, yet are truly unaware of the GRNC's agenda.
    However, it would be a difficult, but not impossible sell.

    IMHO to pull off a Bloomberg type coup of setting up a 'new grassroots organization' similarly like he did w/Moms and its quick organizational rise to fame & action would cost someone or group a gaggle of $$$$ and not sure the Tarheel gun toting citizens would respond as well as American did to Moms.

    an example is SC's absence of any type of GR effort...that just is unbelievable.

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-08-2014 at 04:50 PM. Reason: clarified
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    I'm noticing that its "easier" (or appears easier) to fight for the privileges of those who possess a government permission slip, versus a natural or constitutional right. I think that's why GRNC does what it does. However, the door remains wide open for anyone willing to put their time and energy into an organization that fights for the RIGHTS of the people, all people. However, for the moment, there doesn't seem to be any takers on a state level who does that kind of work.
    i have been an active member for the GRNC for a few years now. i have been to shows and member seeking function. but i have been told not to show up at events open carrying. by high up officials.

    I have full respect for the VCDL, they have actually stood up for the Open Carrier.

    i still have a membership with them (GRNC), but i no longer go to their "gunshows".

    I do wish there was a better gun rights group here in NC
    Last edited by papa bear; 09-09-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I already have a missile in my pants .. I don't need to hide a handgun there too...open carry is my choice

  7. #7
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    If I were still in Carolina, I would be organizing as often as possible.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I already have a missile in my pants .. I don't need to hide a handgun there too...open carry is my choice
    Don't you mean bottle rocket?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Posts
    751
    Just can't be bothered to read all information about this, can you?

    At first, I was guilty of the same thing and PO'd about the support for CC and no mention of the rest of us. Then I went to the county ordinances and found that OC is already permitted in those same places that GRNC was promoting CC. The ordinance prohibiting CC was enacted in 1995, right after GRNC got the state to institute the CHP program (ironic, right?). So, what GRNC was doing was getting a repeal of that ordinance to provide equal footing for those who prefer not to "show their stuff" in county facilities.

    Thanks are due to the county commission for their action in this matter.
    Last edited by bc.cruiser; 09-10-2014 at 05:53 PM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    i have been an active member for the GRNC for a few years now. i have been to shows and member seeking function. but i have been told not to show up at events open carrying. by high up officials.

    I have full respect for the VCDL, they have actually stood up for the Open Carrier.

    i still have a membership with them (GRNC), but i no longer go to their "gunshows".

    I do wish there was a better gun rights group here in NC
    I don't know who told you that but it's not the majority opinion of the leadership. I OC at any event that it's legal to.
    I can tell you that at the last OC dinner in Fayetteville, three of the dozen that showed up were GRNC leadership.
    My personal desire is to see NC as a Constitutional carry state with CC for those that want reciprocity with other states.

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    I'm noticing that its "easier" (or appears easier) to fight for the privileges of those who possess a government permission slip, versus a natural or constitutional right. I think that's why GRNC does what it does. However, the door remains wide open for anyone willing to put their time and energy into an organization that fights for the RIGHTS of the people, all people. However, for the moment, there doesn't seem to be any takers on a state level who does that kind of work.
    This site while a website and not a grass roots organization, FIGHTS for rights, and has done a hell of a lot more than GRNC. GRNC leader PV made it very clear ON THIS site that he considers OC vile. Yet the members of GRNC do nothing about his agenda.

    GRNC is not a gun rights organization, it is a lobby organization that sells privileges to the public for money. They are no different than the lobbyists in Washington.

    Papa Bear is one of the few GRNC members who steps up to the plate and tells the truth.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    If I were still in Carolina, I would be organizing as often as possible.
    organizing what? a new grass roots style organization which represents the needs of all NC gun toting citizens interests ?

    or?

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    organizing what? a new grass roots style organization which represents the needs of all NC gun toting citizens interests ?
    Seems logical, ya?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  14. #14
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    I don't know who told you that but it's not the majority opinion of the leadership. I OC at any event that it's legal to.
    I can tell you that at the last OC dinner in Fayetteville, three of the dozen that showed up were GRNC leadership.
    My personal desire is to see NC as a Constitutional carry state with CC for those that want reciprocity with other states.
    I can assure you that this has been told to me in all levels of the organization, to what may considered to be the highest. I am in contact with some that think the policies are wrong. but they go along to get along. but there are also lots of them that their livelihoods depend on the pay 4 play privilege. if you are for gun carry you will not have an event at any place where rights are not respected.
    barring demonstrations , i understand that there are places you are not allowed to have rights. but you do have a chose of weather you are there or not. picnics, dinners, shoots , thing like that
    just like the TEA party here purposely holds meetings on school grounds, where we can't carry

    going by what you say. we already have Constitutional carry here in NC, it is called open carry. what you want is to make a privilege into a not having to get a permission for it. have you ever thought of taking the money out of it? i think that would go a long way to your goals
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    I can assure you that this has been told to me in all levels of the organization, to what may considered to be the highest. I am in contact with some that think the policies are wrong. but they go along to get along. but there are also lots of them that their livelihoods depend on the pay 4 play privilege. if you are for gun carry you will not have an event at any place where rights are not respected.
    barring demonstrations , i understand that there are places you are not allowed to have rights. but you do have a chose of weather you are there or not. picnics, dinners, shoots , thing like that
    just like the TEA party here purposely holds meetings on school grounds, where we can't carry

    going by what you say. we already have Constitutional carry here in NC, it is called open carry. what you want is to make a privilege into a not having to get a permission for it. have you ever thought of taking the money out of it? i think that would go a long way to your goals
    there are also lots of them that their livelihoods depend on the pay 4 play privilege

    Interesting statement. On the BOD we have retirees, a doctor, lawyer, truck driver, engineer, business owner, author, accountant, airline pilot, plant manager, software techs, IT types and a tv producer. No one whose livelihood depends on teaching CHP. Of the other 40 or so that have a role in the daily going ons, there is one. With your Mayberry location, you probably know him. The bee keeper.

    Yes we have open carry - with restrictions. My idea of Constitutional carry is no restrictions.

  16. #16
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    IMO Constitutional Carry is not open to interpretation. Constitutional Carry means you are free to carry any way you want, according to the rights guaranteed to you through the Constitution of the United States, period. No permission slip needed. This is the way it should be, and the way it was intended.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  17. #17
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    IMO Constitutional Carry is not open to interpretation. Constitutional Carry means you are free to carry any way you want, according to the rights guaranteed to you through the Constitution of the United States, period. No permission slip needed. This is the way it should be, and the way it was intended.
    True, but not anywhere you want. Private property is not included except when approved by the owner of same.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  18. #18
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    True, but not anywhere you want. Private property is not included except when approved by the owner of same.
    True! I accidentally omitted the part about private property.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  19. #19
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    True, but not anywhere you want. Private property is not included except when approved by the owner of same.
    GRAPE, we will disagree, exactly what is "private property", if it is your residence and on invitation only. then yes you have the right to discriminate. just as if you didn't want a white or black, or Polynesian in your home
    but if you open a open to the public licensed business then you do not have the right to discriminate

    CRICKETDAD, I should know BEEKEEPER as i am also a bee keeper. but i don't think he lives in this area.

    i OC because of the constitution. which means i can carry as long as i don't try to hide it. but please don't fight for a privilege and forget about your rights

    again i ask have you tried to take the money out of P4P?
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    GRAPE, we will disagree, exactly what is "private property", if it is your residence and on invitation only. then yes you have the right to discriminate. just as if you didn't want a white or black, or Polynesian in your home
    but if you open a open to the public licensed business then you do not have the right to discriminate

    --snipped--
    Of course, you are correct.

    Let's not forget those that admit on the basis of membership.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    another blow for CC, but not a word about Open carry. which reminds me. is open carry legal in local parks?some have taken down their no guns signs from the parks


    Grass Roots North Carolina, P.O. Box 10665, Raleigh, NC 27605
    877-282-0939, www.GRNC.org, Fax: 919-573-0354
    GRNC Alert 09-12-14
    ANOTHER COUNTY CONSIDERS GUN FREEDOM
    ANOTHER COUNTY CONSIDERS GUN FREEDOM

    Gun Freedom is Snowballing

    Recently, Alamance, Cherokee, and Rowan County leaders all voted to repeal county restrictions on the lawful carry of firearms in their respective counties. In early October, Lee County is expected to finalize their vote for gun freedom as well. In fact, these counties were preceded by still more counties, Guilford and Mecklenburg, which have lifted all restrictions on concealed carry in their parks. It's refreshing to see all of these counties blaze a trail for gun freedom in North Carolina. The victories just keep on coming! What’s even better is that yet another county, Cabarrus, is considering the same path.

    This is promising news, but a full repeal of carry restrictions in Cabarrus County is by no means in the bag. Although county leaders are considering a repeal of all restrictions, they may only go as far as lifting most restrictions on concealed carry in parks, which HB937 has actually required of them since October of last year. Merely complying with HB937, however, would be the bare minimum, and Cabarrus County citizens should expect more than the minimum from their public servants.

    Encourage Cabarrus County Leaders

    Obviously, the most reasonable path is a repeal of all carry ordinances currently restricting law-abiding citizens. Regulating lawful carry only disarms the peaceful and innocent, while empowering those who would prey upon them. This seems like common sense to most, but politicians don’t always vote based on common sense. If Cabarrus County is to continue the positive trend of gun freedom that is sweeping North Carolina, the County Commissioners will need your support. Below, see how you can quickly and easily send a message to the Cabarrus County Commissioners to encourage and embolden them to vote in favor of law-abiding gun owners. Also below, get details on the upcoming meeting of the County Commission so you can attend and support gun rights.

    IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  22. #22
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Of course, you are correct.

    Let's not forget those that admit on the basis of membership.
    Agreed
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •