• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mob attacks man in Memphis Kroger parking lot

Maverick9

"We are aware of it (it's a gang)..."

The police and parents should be reviewing the video and arresting each and every teen who appears and/or can be identified and haul their parents downtown. Give them a police record, tried as an adult. End the view that this is just harmless exuberance.

...but, of course, they won't. Too much trouble. Parents aren't held accountable.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Somehow I do not think "going to the ground" was voluntary.

I don't think so .. see that one guy on the ground holding his hands against his head? Almost a perfect example of the actions of a guy dropping trying to protect himself. It is, in fact, the worst thing one can do ... gotta come out swinging (or get away)...otherwise you are basically asking for mercy on the part of the attackers which usually results in some stomping (and if a guy has steel toed shoes or boot, its not going to be a good outcome).

Many many bar fights in my "I did whaaat?" period of my youth.

Kopis

the gang is called black fam mob or BFM. lovely pics of them here: http://www.westernjournalism.com/ur...related-black-white-mob-attack-caught-camera/

Experts say that Memphis has become a hub for gang activity in the South, with more than 180 different gangs operating in Shelby County. One of those lesser gangs is reportedly known as the “fam mob.”

The gang situation in Memphis is so bad that in 2012 22 members of the Memphis Police Department were arrested for being gang members.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/ur...mob-attack-caught-camera/#OZTHIwoR60LoIQSI.99

no surprise there.........

Last edited: