Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNBC wants to know how you feel about Panera asking you not to bring your gun

CNBC wants to know how you feel about Panera asking you not to bring your gun

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101979812#.

Panera Bread says they would prefer if we left our firearms at home, but will not post gunbuster signs or say anything to you if you show up wearing your handgun and remain law-abiding.

So far the reaction is about 2:1 negative.

Go take the survey - maybe Panera or CNBC thinks the results are important. I know Moms Demand Attention Action cares.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    Done.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    21% yes for the better, 74% yes for the worse.
    Advocate freedom please

Yes, for the better=20%
    Yes, for the worse=75%
    No=4%
    Not sure=1%
    Total Votes: 10874

and the hits just keep coming.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Well,,,

I voted yes for worse...But its a hard choice to make.
    Worse, cause they now have a no guns, please, here, policy.
    But better, cause the policy is really just, we will follow state law.

I think the point of their saying anything at all, was to appease the Mommies Demanding Attention!
    Sooo the MDAs feel that they won, but, we can still carry there, they will smile, serve, and take our money!
    Everybody wins!

Ive never seen a Panera store,, so I cant boycot, and I cant patronize either, soooo, meh.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I've always hated Panera. Their bread sucks (all of it), which means their sandwiches suck, too.

I'm amazed they do any business at all. I can only assume it appeals to our inner pretensions sophisticate.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-08-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I've always hated Panera. Their bread sucks (all of it), which means their sandwiches suck, too.

I'm amazed they do any business at all. I can only assume it appeals to our inner pretensions sophisticate.
    That's how I feel about Starbucks and Apple, minus the strike.
    Advocate freedom please

Wowwie!!!

You surprise me today!
    As in Way to go off topic, but not.
    You didnt address Paneras new policy, you dint address the poll voting or the results.
    But I am left to wonder, did you try the sandwich?
    If you always hated Panera, would that mean, you only went there once, or some times?
    Since you do now alway hate Panera, will their new gun policy have ANY effect on your decision to patronize them?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The poll questions are ambiguous, each could be interpreted as the other = the results are therefore IMO invalid/meaningless.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    This ties in with my reply to Marshual...

Lots of folks have said they dont like Starbucks anyway, so , really it doesnt matter to them,,
    They dont care what the company did or didnt!
    I know guys that wont go to a morning coffee get together, cause they dont drink coffee,
    They got tea, they got pop, and water or milk,,, or you could have a damn beer!!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT!! the coffee,, the bread,, the pizza!!
    IT is about the 2A right of self defense, it is about businesses following state law!
    IT is about the CONSTITUTION!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The poll questions are ambiguous, each could be interpreted as the other = the results are therefore IMO invalid/meaningless.
    So you voted yes?

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    This ties in with my reply to Marshual...

Lots of folks have said they dont like Starbucks anyway, so , really it doesnt matter to them,,
    They dont care what the company did or didnt!
    I know guys that wont go to a morning coffee get together, cause they dont drink coffee,
    They got tea, they got pop, and water or milk,,, or you could have a damn beer!!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT!! the coffee,, the bread,, the pizza!!
    IT is about the 2A right of self defense, it is about businesses following state law!
    IT is about the CONSTITUTION!!!
    I guess I should have expounded. I actually do like Starbucks' products, and I'd certainly buy their products if not for their corporate heads and their policies and views. Apple products I don't like at all, nor do I like their business or their policies or views. I think that they both sell pretentiousness, which is all I was really responding to in marshaul's post, not the part about the products being good or bad.

But I see your point and sure, I agree.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I'm a serious computer user, and I use Macs. It's a far more powerful platform than a Windoze box (Windoze barely qualifies as a fully-fledged OS in my book), and edges out any linux platform either.

I hate to be a fanboi about it, but the remarks you made in your subsequent post are just the sort of remarks I hear trendily made out of ignorance or, at the very least, a rather simplistic appreciation of things.

It's one thing to have different taste, but to be clear: Apple is selling the more powerful computer. Those who have convinced themselves they have purchased a more serious computer by avoiding Apple are the ones suffering under pretensions, not to mention a viewpoint wholly furthered by reason of it being popular (I would say "trendy" again, but it's been popular to bash Macs for decades).

Last edited by marshaul; 09-08-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    You surprise me today!
    As in Way to go off topic, but not.
    You didnt address Paneras new policy, you dint address the poll voting or the results.
    But I am left to wonder, did you try the sandwich?
    If you always hated Panera, would that mean, you only went there once, or some times?
    Since you do now alway hate Panera, will their new gun policy have ANY effect on your decision to patronize them?
    I got a gift card, so I tried several of their sandwiches. The bread was always too crusty to use for sandwich purposes (like, "the whole inside squeezes out of the sandwich before I've finished biting through it" crusty). One time I got pretty sick, too.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-08-2014 at 09:20 PM.

82% Yes for worse.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by futcoinsen View Post
    for the better=20%

<snipped spam link>
    Reported spam
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Does this decision change your opinion on Panera?
    Yes, for the better
    Yes, for the worse
    No
    Not sure
    A organization that focuses on the financial is not asking your opinion on a social/rights issue.

No is my choice. Panera is a well run and profitable company and I have them in my portfolio. I will not spend one dime of my money on them.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Poll at MSNBC ain't lookin' good for Mad Mommies

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/panera-br...eave-guns-home

70% Yes, the new rules infringe on my right to bear arms. 5,395 votes
    30% No, I don’t want to dine next to armed customers. 2,347 votes
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Is the overwhelmingly negative poll response perhaps the reason that the anti-gun Murkee Urinal Guardian (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) has not yet picked up this story?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Yes, for the worse. 84% after my vote.

(Thanks for the heads up, Skid).

Voted for the worse, in reality I tried them once many years ago and as others have said, found the bread lacking and haven't been back.

27.5K votes, 83% "Yes, for the worse"
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Affect OC more than CC

I listened to Jeff Katz on 1140 WRVA yesterday about this topic; many callers said they would continue to carry concealed.

Well, sure! But what about exposed carry (how does that sound)?

So, I'm including a link to Truth Revolt, which as the statement from the sensitive and thoughtful CEO:

Panera Bread Jumps On The "No Guns Allowed" Bandwagon

Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth.

This warmth means bakery-cafes where customers and associates feel comfortable and welcome. To this end, we ask that guns not be brought into this environment unless carried by an authorized law enforcement officer. Panera respects the rights of gun owners, but asks our customers to help preserve the environment we are working to create for our guests and associates.
    Basically, those who expose themselves make others around them feel UNcomfortable and UNwelcome.

So go away. But what if you won't? The CEO says:
    We’re certainly not going to put our associates in the position of confronting someone carrying a gun. We won’t put our café management in the position of being law enforcement.
    Well, that's helpful. And what is an authorized law enforcement officer? As opposed to unauthorized?

Law enforcement officers make any rational adult uncomfortable, so any place which permits LEOs to be armed to the exclusion of everyone else is an unwelcoming environment.

QED.

Worse, better, unsure...it matters not for as long as the money keeps rolling in. Starbucks, Target, Chipotle...those poor schmucks will have to find another way to make money...oh, wait...nevermind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast