• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CNBC wants to know how you feel about Panera asking you not to bring your gun

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101979812#.

Panera Bread says they would prefer if we left our firearms at home, but will not post gunbuster signs or say anything to you if you show up wearing your handgun and remain law-abiding.

So far the reaction is about 2:1 negative.

Go take the survey - maybe Panera or CNBC thinks the results are important. I know Moms Demand [strike]Attention[/strike] Action cares.

stay safe.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I voted yes for worse...But its a hard choice to make.
Worse, cause they now have a no guns, please, here, policy.
But better, cause the policy is really just, we will follow state law.

I think the point of their saying anything at all, was to appease the Mommies Demanding Attention!
Sooo the MDAs feel that they won, but, we can still carry there, they will smile, serve, and take our money!
Everybody wins!

Ive never seen a Panera store,, so I cant boycot, and I cant patronize either, soooo, meh.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I've always hated Panera. Their bread sucks (all of it), which means their sandwiches suck, too.

I'm amazed they do any business at all. I can only assume it appeals to our inner [strike]pretensions[/strike] sophisticate.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

I've always hated Panera. Their bread sucks (all of it), which means their sandwiches suck, too.

I'm amazed they do any business at all. I can only assume it appeals to our inner [strike]pretensions[/strike] sophisticate.

That's how I feel about Starbucks and Apple, minus the strike.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

You surprise me today!
As in Way to go off topic, but not.
You didnt address Paneras new policy, you dint address the poll voting or the results.
But I am left to wonder, did you try the sandwich?
If you always hated Panera, would that mean, you only went there once, or some times?
Since you do now alway hate Panera, will their new gun policy have ANY effect on your decision to patronize them?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The poll questions are ambiguous, each could be interpreted as the other = the results are therefore IMO invalid/meaningless.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

This ties in with my reply to Marshual...

Lots of folks have said they dont like Starbucks anyway, so , really it doesnt matter to them,,
They dont care what the company did or didnt!
I know guys that wont go to a morning coffee get together, cause they dont drink coffee,
They got tea, they got pop, and water or milk,,, or you could have a damn beer!!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT!! the coffee,, the bread,, the pizza!!
IT is about the 2A right of self defense, it is about businesses following state law!
IT is about the CONSTITUTION!!!

stealthyeliminator

This ties in with my reply to Marshual...

Lots of folks have said they dont like Starbucks anyway, so , really it doesnt matter to them,,
They dont care what the company did or didnt!
I know guys that wont go to a morning coffee get together, cause they dont drink coffee,
They got tea, they got pop, and water or milk,,, or you could have a damn beer!!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT!! the coffee,, the bread,, the pizza!!
IT is about the 2A right of self defense, it is about businesses following state law!
IT is about the CONSTITUTION!!!

I guess I should have expounded. I actually do like Starbucks' products, and I'd certainly buy their products if not for their corporate heads and their policies and views. Apple products I don't like at all, nor do I like their business or their policies or views. I think that they both sell pretentiousness, which is all I was really responding to in marshaul's post, not the part about the products being good or bad.

But I see your point and sure, I agree.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

I'm a serious computer user, and I use Macs. It's a far more powerful platform than a Windoze box (Windoze barely qualifies as a fully-fledged OS in my book), and edges out any linux platform either.

I hate to be a fanboi about it, but the remarks you made in your subsequent post are just the sort of remarks I hear trendily made out of ignorance or, at the very least, a rather simplistic appreciation of things.

It's one thing to have different taste, but to be clear: Apple is selling the more powerful computer. Those who have convinced themselves they have purchased a more serious computer by avoiding Apple are the ones suffering under pretensions, not to mention a viewpoint wholly furthered by reason of it being popular (I would say "trendy" again, but it's been popular to bash Macs for decades).

:)

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
You surprise me today!
As in Way to go off topic, but not.
You didnt address Paneras new policy, you dint address the poll voting or the results.
But I am left to wonder, did you try the sandwich?
If you always hated Panera, would that mean, you only went there once, or some times?
Since you do now alway hate Panera, will their new gun policy have ANY effect on your decision to patronize them?

I got a gift card, so I tried several of their sandwiches. The bread was always too crusty to use for sandwich purposes (like, "the whole inside squeezes out of the sandwich before I've finished biting through it" crusty). One time I got pretty sick, too.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Does this decision change your opinion on Panera?
Yes, for the better
Yes, for the worse
No
Not sure

A organization that focuses on the financial is not asking your opinion on a social/rights issue.

No is my choice. Panera is a well run and profitable company and I have them in my portfolio. I will not spend one dime of my money on them.