• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of bad arrest - charged with interfering

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...urn-at-first-i-was-scared-to-post-this-video/

First, what he means by interfering is vague.

Second, he cannot order you into your house.

Third, its clear that he just wanted to stop the recording and the person was of no threat.

Looks like the cops are playing new games ..

here is the statue in my state:

Sec. 53a-167a. Interfering with an officer: Class A misdemeanor. (a) A person is guilty of interfering with an officer when such person obstructs, resists, hinders or endangers any peace officer, special policeman appointed under section 29-18b, motor vehicle inspector designated under section 14-8 and certified pursuant to section 7-294d or firefighter in the performance of such peace officer's, special policeman's, motor vehicle inspector's or firefighter's duties.

It clearly requires a person to ACT. Simply standing around not moving and taking video cannot be interfering.

Seems to be the new vogue charge to attack lawful citizens with.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

As long as he was "acting in good faith" his total and complete lack of understanding of the law won't be an issue. Somebody will get arrested, somebody might have to pay hundreds or perhaps thousands of dollars into the "system", somebody will wind up with a record, ... but as long as 'no harm was done' then no one got hurt by the incident.

rightwinglibertarian

“You are interfering right now,” one officer tells him. “You need to go inside right now. It’s a lawful order, OK? You are going to go inside right now.”

ummm.... no, the officer interrupted his work to harass a citizen and then lied about it being a lawful order. One more officer who got away with assaulting a citizen. This is why they never learn. Sheep just allowing themselves to be led into a cage for exercising their rights.

Primus

ummm.... no, the officer interrupted his work to harass a citizen and then lied about it being a lawful order. One more officer who got away with assaulting a citizen. This is why they never learn. Sheep just allowing themselves to be led into a cage for exercising their rights.

Bbaaaaa

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

sudden valley gunner

So what do u suppose those "sheep" should have done to avoid going I to a "cage". Please tell

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

There is the right to resist an unlawful arrest.

Yet most citizens know that it is comply are die.

I suppose he must have "consented" to his rights being trampled on....:rolleyes:

davidmcbeth

Banned
There is the right to resist an unlawful arrest.

Yet most citizens know that it is comply are die.

I suppose he must have "consented" to his rights being trampled on....:rolleyes:

In my state, you cannot resist..or at least that is how the law is today. If a court would use reason, like they did in Indiana, to see the injustice of this law (and I think it violates our natural rights), then all courts should strike down resisting charges for all those cases.

sudden valley gunner

In my state, you cannot resist..or at least that is how the law is today. If a court would use reason, like they did in Indiana, to see the injustice of this law (and I think it violates our natural rights), then all courts should strike down resisting charges for all those cases.

You are right that states and courts have ignored this right and many outright outlaw it.

The courts should strike down those cases.

I am of the view the right doesn't magically disappear because some statist don't like it.

OC for ME

Lawfully resisting a unlawful arrest would be a major shift in the balance of power. This is why many cops do not appreciate knowledgeable citizens. If cops knew that they could be held to immediate account for their unlawful acts the frequency of those unlawful acts would diminish drastically, and virtually over night. Cops depend upon the exemptions in the law that provide them cover for their unlawful acts. Cops depend on their fellow cops to, at a minimum, take no actions against obvious unlawful acts.

Typically the very best witness to a cop's lawlessness is the other cop standing right next to him.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Seems very clear to me if they were more interested in the neighbor taking video then the house they were searching.

There really was no need for SWAT nor armored vehicles.

Taking two officers out of the action to arrest the neighbor tells me the danger from the house they were searching was not very high.

rightwinglibertarian

You are right that states and courts have ignored this right and many outright outlaw it.

The courts should strike down those cases.

I am of the view the right doesn't magically disappear because some statist don't like it.

you'd be right but the problem with all of this is lack of numbers. You may get small groups here and there but there is not a widespread move to resist unlawful behaviour by LEOs. Which is why they carry right on.

Lawfully resisting a unlawful arrest would be a major shift in the balance of power. This is why many cops do not appreciate knowledgeable citizens. If cops knew that they could be held to immediate account for their unlawful acts the frequency of those unlawful acts would diminish drastically, and virtually over night. Cops depend upon the exemptions in the law that provide them cover for their unlawful acts. Cops depend on their fellow cops to, at a minimum, take no actions against obvious unlawful acts.

Typically the very best witness to a cop's lawlessness is the other cop standing right next to him.

Are you kidding? LEOs are gonna back each other up for sure, regardless of whether one of them is right or not.