• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No on 594 Rally

jsanchez

Also Dave Workman, I hope you still have all those police reports I gave you when Nichols was talking assault ban 5 years ago?

We are going to need them for our fight.

Alpine

Maybe if this was a presidential election the result would be foregone but it's a mid-term. Liberals are always at huge disadvantages in mid-terms and many national liberal news sources have already conceded they plan to lose the Senate.

If the primary turnout is consistent with November, then we stand a good chance of the rest of WA drowning out Seattle on 594.

Whitney

On Voting...

Maybe if this was a presidential election the result would be foregone but it's a mid-term. Liberals are always at huge disadvantages in mid-terms and many national liberal news sources have already conceded they plan to lose the Senate.

If the primary turnout is consistent with November, then we stand a good chance of the rest of WA drowning out Seattle on 594.

For the voters in Kitsap county I wanted to share the email response I received from Drew Hanson this afternoon regarding I 594.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I feel like, in general, we need to protect the right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms (as that's protected by both the U.S. and state constitutions) but keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the dangerously mentally unstable. So full disclosure, I cosponsored the background checks bill in the House because I felt like it did exactly that - we worked very hard with firearms owners to do it in a way that wouldn't be unusually burdensome (for example, we exempted CPL holders because the CPL check is more rigorous that the NICS background check). I'll be voting for 594 but it's not perfect; and I would definitely support revisions in the Legislature that would preserve what it's trying to do (keep guns out of the hands of criminals) but do it in the least intrusive way possible.

Thanks for writing,
Drew

~Whitney

FrayedString

I was not there. If 594 was JUST about fixing the mental health issues in the background check, I believe MANY of us would vote yes on it but as we know 594 is NOT just about background checks.

The Video from last night: http://www.katu.com/politics/Town-Hall-Special-Guns-in-America-274991541.html?mobile=y

Glad to see Phil Shave doing a good job arguing against I-594.

Not sure why Gottlieb sent Phil Watson to an important debate like this. Not a very eloquent speaker, and didn't seem nearly as familiar with either bill as Phil Shave was.

Thankfully Rebecca and Ralph were both completely clueless about what was in I-594 so they looked pretty foolish most of the time.

Last edited:

77zach

This really sucks, and why I'm not a fan of referendums. If I'm not mistaken people will usually vote yes just to change something. This sounds good to the average person raised in government skools. I'd be very surprised-and encouraged-if this didn't pass.

jsanchez

We can beat these suckers....

All we have to do is film a commercial with mothers saying they survived domestic violence because they used a gun to stop there ex boyfriend or husband, and urge voters to vote no on because it would stop her from teaching her college age daughter how to use a gun to protect herself. Do a 30 second spot. Do other family oriented spots as well, and get the NRA to help with the funding.

Also using youtube to put up no on I594 messages.

Last edited:

jsanchez

Did you know any of the idiots? Is it possible that they were not true gun supporters?

I guess you have seen the video, I think they were just upset because of the lies coming out of the anti's mouths, I don't think they were agent provacateers.

I'm just dumb founded by how sneaky this 594 is, and our side didn't judge it well when writing 591. If 591 had just been background checks, we would be in a better position.

Is it true that if it passes, that it is only good for 2 years and then it can be modified?

Dave Workman

Don't let Bloomberg, Gates, and other the other Billionaire Elites buy your vote. Let them know that your rights are not for sale to the highest bidder. On Oct. 18th. we are going right to the heart of the fight in Seattle at Westlake Center Park. We will be speaking about gun rights and especially about why we must vote no on I-594. Save this date and plan to be there. This is going to be the last big chance to get the message out and is timed to coincide with the arrival of the ballots in everyone's mailboxes. Don't forget to talk to all of your neighbors, friends, family, and coworkers between now and then as well to let them no just how bad I-594 is and have them vote NO on it.

Hosted by:
Gun Rights Coalition - https://www.facebook.com/gunrightscoalition
Open Carry Washington - http://www.opencarrywashington.com/
Washington Gun Rights - http://www.washingtongunrights.com/
Gun Rights Across America Washington State - https://www.facebook.com/GunRightsAcrossAmericaWAState
and other Pro Gun Rights Groups across Washington.

Facebook Event posted here: https://www.facebook.com/events/380277405459329/380278145459255/

Oct. 18th. 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Westlake Center Park, Seattle, WA

OC / CC handguns welcomed as long as they stay holstered. This rally is not about carrying your firearms in public, it is about the issues with 594. We are asking that no long guns be carried as to distract from the purpose of the rally.

Speaker list will soon follow

Bill:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe there are some people putting on a similar event on the same day up around Anacortes. Are you in contact with them?

If such rallies happen on the same day at the same time, that shows the media there is an organized and coordinated opposition to I-594 that is pure grassroots.

Dave Workman

For the voters in Kitsap county I wanted to share the email response I received from Drew Hanson this afternoon regarding I 594.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I feel like, in general, we need to protect the right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms (as that's protected by both the U.S. and state constitutions) but keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the dangerously mentally unstable. So full disclosure, I cosponsored the background checks bill in the House because I felt like it did exactly that - we worked very hard with firearms owners to do it in a way that wouldn't be unusually burdensome (for example, we exempted CPL holders because the CPL check is more rigorous that the NICS background check). I'll be voting for 594 but it's not perfect; and I would definitely support revisions in the Legislature that would preserve what it's trying to do (keep guns out of the hands of criminals) but do it in the least intrusive way possible.

Thanks for writing,
Drew

~Whitney

Drew Hanson...who's running against him?

Dave Workman

Grassroots versus gun grabbers: Planned October events show contrast

Anti-gun Seattle Mayor Ed Murray yesterday sent e-mail invitations to an Oct. 13 gathering at a private Belltown residence that is doubling as a fund raiser and pep rally for big money supporters of Initiative 594, ironically the day after a Nevada newspaper declared in a Sunday editorial that it is time for “an honest discussion about guns in America.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/grassroots-versus-gun-grabbers-planned-october-events-show-contrast

All the gun rights forums get mentioned in here, so you're about to get some new attention. :banana:

77zach

All we have to do is film a commercial with mothers saying they survived domestic violence because they used a gun to stop there ex boyfriend or husband, and urge voters to vote no on because it would stop her from teaching her college age daughter how to use a gun to protect herself. Do a 30 second spot. Do other family oriented spots as well, and get the NRA to help with the funding.

Also using youtube to put up no on I594 messages.

Such a commercial would be very smart, IMO. This is what the boobus responds to.

rcarter

Money, money, money...

Such a commercial would be very smart, IMO. This is what the boobus responds to.

First, some facts:

KOMO Video Debate

https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/2014/09/video-komo-591-594-forum/

Anacortes Pro-591/Anti-594 Rally:

https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/2014/09/anacortes-pro-591anti-594-rally/

Seattle Pro-591/Anti-594 Rally

https://www.facebook.com/events/380277405459329/

Donate to Pro-591

https://secure.piryx.com/donate/AOaM4TFe/Protect-Our-Gun-Rights-YES-on-I-591/

Donate to Anti-594

https://transaxt.com/Donate/RSFBZD/WashingtonCitizensAgainstRegulatoryExcessWeCARE/

The problem right now isn't a shortage of good ideas or enthusiasm - it is a shortage of cash and action.

The hostiles in the anti-rights (Pro-594) camp are struggling not to drown in the gold showered upon them by the Hanauer/Gates/Ballmer led band of One Percenters and can afford to run professionally produced television advertising eyeball deep until Christmas.

Our team is struggling along with a little over a million dollars on the Pro-591 side (when last I looked) and rather less on the Anti-594 side. Commercials cost money, and with our resources limited to grass roots and in state fund raising we need to work harder for every dollar - and make every dollar work harder.

We also need to overcome our natural reticence and get out there and volunteer - Adina & Keely of the NRA desperately need volunteers to man tables at the Puyallup Fair and the remaining pre-election county fairs around the state. We need folks putting up yard signs. And we need folks not just with ideas, but willing to be the feet on the ground shaking hands and playing the "ambassador" role.

Online discussion is all well and good, as is social media presence. But getting out there and making a case against 594 and for 591 as "someone I can identify with" in some way is what will win us this election - that, and helping to raise money to pay for those TV ads we'd all like to see.

Jeff Hayes

First, some facts:

KOMO Video Debate

https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/2014/09/video-komo-591-594-forum/

Anacortes Pro-591/Anti-594 Rally:

https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/2014/09/anacortes-pro-591anti-594-rally/

Seattle Pro-591/Anti-594 Rally

https://www.facebook.com/events/380277405459329/

Donate to Pro-591

https://secure.piryx.com/donate/AOaM4TFe/Protect-Our-Gun-Rights-YES-on-I-591/

Donate to Anti-594

https://transaxt.com/Donate/RSFBZD/WashingtonCitizensAgainstRegulatoryExcessWeCARE/

The problem right now isn't a shortage of good ideas or enthusiasm - it is a shortage of cash and action.

The hostiles in the anti-rights (Pro-594) camp are struggling not to drown in the gold showered upon them by the Hanauer/Gates/Ballmer led band of One Percenters and can afford to run professionally produced television advertising eyeball deep until Christmas.

Our team is struggling along with a little over a million dollars on the Pro-591 side (when last I looked) and rather less on the Anti-594 side. Commercials cost money, and with our resources limited to grass roots and in state fund raising we need to work harder for every dollar - and make every dollar work harder.

We also need to overcome our natural reticence and get out there and volunteer - Adina & Keely of the NRA desperately need volunteers to man tables at the Puyallup Fair and the remaining pre-election county fairs around the state. We need folks putting up yard signs. And we need folks not just with ideas, but willing to be the feet on the ground shaking hands and playing the "ambassador" role.

Online discussion is all well and good, as is social media presence. But getting out there and making a case against 594 and for 591 as "someone I can identify with" in some way is what will win us this election - that, and helping to raise money to pay for those TV ads we'd all like to see.

I sent money and can and will send more. I would put up a yard sign if I could find one. Where can I buy the largest legal yard sign.

EMNofSeattle

I appreciate your input. I'll see if I can work on my crazy stare. I was pretty pissed at the lady on the panel for trying to give a talking point for answering my question, and I get pretty intense when I taking in a lot of whats going on around me, and the panel body language and answers.

Maybe I'm living in a bubble, I hope that's the case. But I think the majority of Washington voters are going to pass this measure, because everyone thinks about themselves first.

I also think the only hope we have is to concede that we are for background checks but not for this law that takes away rights of teaching and recreational shooting.

I think this is a good practice exercise for the big fight next year when they put forth a petition drive to ban assault weapons.

I am open to arguments/rancor on our performance at the debate, call it an after action review, and I am going to post my opinion of how we could of done better.

Again this is how I see it in my bubble and I hope I'm wrong. I hope its not your guys bubble that gets broken on election day, because that can be very devastating and take time to recover, and honestly we are going to a have a much bigger fight on our hands when they come with there assault weapon ban iniciative next year.

I doubt they're going to push assault weapons on an odd-numbered year, more likely on the books for 2016.

EMNofSeattle

Glad to see Phil Shave doing a good job arguing against I-594.

Not sure why Gottlieb sent Phil Watson to an important debate like this. Not a very eloquent speaker, and didn't seem nearly as familiar with either bill as Phil Shave was.

Thankfully Rebecca and Ralph were both completely clueless about what was in I-594 so they looked pretty foolish most of the time.

I know, especially since Gottlieb's been beating his chops about debating Bill Gates, why didn't he come down personally to this event?

Seriona

I doubt they're going to push assault weapons on an odd-numbered year, more likely on the books for 2016.

Assault Rifles are already banned, you cannot get machine guns or SBS in this state. Are you talking about civilian rifles that look like military rifles?

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Assault Rifles are already banned, you cannot get machine guns or SBS in this state. Are you talking about civilian rifles that look like military rifles?
You might want to check your facts about SBR in WA, just sayin....................

Remember, when I hold an AR it's an assault weapon. (media created word/phrase not found in any dictionary)
When the police use one it's a "patrol rifle", or just rifle.

Last edited:

Seriona

You might want to check your facts about SBR in WA, just sayin....................

Remember, when I hold an AR it's an assault weapon. (media created word/phrase not found in any dictionary)
When the police use one it's a "patrol rifle", or just rifle.

According to my research, SBR are legal.

mikeyb

TTAG posted an article about ET4GS, apparently Bloomie is sending Shannon to Seattle to help support 594. Keep your ears to the ground for the event date, I'm sure they won't make it public until the day before (maybe that's why they have such low turnout. People do work.).

The anti-gun marketing is working... private gun sellers are now unlicensed dealers. :cuss: