• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No on 594 Rally

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Don't let Bloomberg, Gates, and other the other Billionaire Elites buy your vote. Let them know that your rights are not for sale to the highest bidder. On Oct. 18th. we are going right to the heart of the fight in Seattle at Westlake Center Park. We will be speaking about gun rights and especially about why we must vote no on I-594. Save this date and plan to be there. This is going to be the last big chance to get the message out and is timed to coincide with the arrival of the ballots in everyone's mailboxes. Don't forget to talk to all of your neighbors, friends, family, and coworkers between now and then as well to let them no just how bad I-594 is and have them vote NO on it.

Hosted by:
Gun Rights Coalition - https://www.facebook.com/gunrightscoalition
Open Carry Washington - http://www.opencarrywashington.com/
Washington Gun Rights - http://www.washingtongunrights.com/
Gun Rights Across America Washington State - https://www.facebook.com/GunRightsAcrossAmericaWAState
and other Pro Gun Rights Groups across Washington.

Facebook Event posted here: https://www.facebook.com/events/380277405459329/380278145459255/

Oct. 18th. 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Westlake Center Park, Seattle, WA

OC / CC handguns welcomed as long as they stay holstered. This rally is not about carrying your firearms in public, it is about the issues with 594. We are asking that no long guns be carried as to distract from the purpose of the rally.

Speaker list will soon follow

jsanchez

One of the things...

I don't like about I594 is if I am out shooting in the forest I can't share my guns with other people who have passed background checks, and they can't share there guns with me, which I think is stupid!

Alpine

We've been over this several times.

The polling isn't definitive. 696 was polling that high in 1997 and it failed.

This is a mid-term election and liberals are always at a disadvantage. They're even expecting to lose the Senate!

We just need to rally the voters outside King County!

594 can be defeated. Even if it isn't there's a good chance the courts will overturn it.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

I already did it, I moved to Idaho from Washington and 594 was a big part of my decision.

Way to stay in the fight. ;)

KOMO to host ‘Town Hall,’ activists announce pro-rights rally

KOMO will host a “Town Hall” discussion this Friday evening on the dueling initiatives, and early this morning, activists announced on the Open Carry Washington forum that they’re planning a “No on I-594” rally in downtown Seattle on Oct. 18.

http://www.examiner.com/article/komo-to-host-town-hall-activists-announce-pro-rights-rally

OC Freedom

Way to stay in the fight. ;)

KOMO to host ‘Town Hall,’ activists announce pro-rights rally

KOMO will host a “Town Hall” discussion this Friday evening on the dueling initiatives, and early this morning, activists announced on the Open Carry Washington forum that they’re planning a “No on I-594” rally in downtown Seattle on Oct. 18.

http://www.examiner.com/article/komo-to-host-town-hall-activists-announce-pro-rights-rally

It's more than 594, Idaho is just less restrictive. Just got tired of the west side of the state pushing their so called values on the conservative east side of Washington. Can't talk on a cell while driving. Have to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle. Speed limit at 70 on the interstate. Can't drink while open carrying <--not saying I do, but I like having the freedom of choice. etc. etc. etc.....

I am from Vancouver Wash. originally, my extensive family is and lives in Vancouver, but Wash. is just to restrictive for me.

EMNofSeattle

I don't like about I594 is if I am out shooting in the forest I can't share my guns with other people who have passed background checks, and they can't share there guns with me, which I think is stupid!

I'm not worried that the mason and Jefferson county prosecutors where I shoot will charge something like that..... The fastest way to repeal a bad law is enforce it, king county might though

Seriona

If I can get a ride to this event from Snohomish city or Everett, I will come to the rally and OC my 1911. I am willing to give a fair amount of gas money for those who can take me to and from.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
After my son turns 18, I won't even be able to let him borrow my guns. You won't even be able to let your buddy do a cerecoat job on your gun with out doing a transfer to him, and doing a transfer back to you. Most FFL's charge $50 each transfer. There is NO provision in I-594 on how much a FFL can charge, so it'ts open to market price. The cost to tax payers to try and enforce this will be crazy.

EMNofSeattle

You'll be waiting a long long time lol

and can a guy in a robe rule on a right?

In philosophy class, maybe not, in the real world, all the time. I wouldn't challenge based on the right to bear arms, there's plenty of other grounds, unconstitutionally vague, compels one to use a private service not mandated to provide, etc etc etc, overbroad, covers more then one subject, the recent waiting period ruling in CA could help with challenging ten day wait period...

EMNofSeattle

After my son turns 18, I won't even be able to let him borrow my guns. You won't even be able to let your buddy do a cerecoat job on your gun with out doing a transfer to him, and doing a transfer back to you. Most FFL's charge $50 each transfer. There is NO provision in I-594 on how much a FFL can charge, so it'ts open to market price. The cost to tax payers to try and enforce this will be crazy.

Form a corporation with all your family and friends as trustees.....

EMNofSeattle

With the vagueness, I'm not even sure that would help. Lexy from the NRA HQ was saying that once they take physical possession then the transfer/BGC requirement kicks in.

If the law is that vague then the courts will strike it down. I don't trust our courts to deliver a gun rights victory, but they're pretty good at ruling on procedural and due process claims. Isn't the entire purpose of a corporation that it's a legal "person" ?

I'm sure lexy is a nice person, but if what she's saying is true, then it makes it all the worse that her group is not dumping a million into the race.

Last edited:

Whitney

Or a trust as part of your estate

Form a corporation with all your family and friends as trustees.....

A corporation or trust are legal entities that in my opinion would be exempt. I have a firearms specific trust that is part of my estate and all parties are equal owners. I can add trustees or remove them as I see fit and as such any transfer between parties would be perfectly legal even if this I-594 happens to stick.

Attached is a quick chart to get some head scratchin' going with regard to non-compliance / enforcability.

~Whitney