• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No on 594 Rally

Primus

anyone know who this person is? the news cameras loved him. he definitely wasn't doing the No on 594 rally supporters any favors!

635492661034250024-gun-rally1018.jpg
Was he wearing uggs with his multicam chest rig?

bani

Did anyone talk to him? Get some information? A name? Occupation? Town?
We need to track him down, I think he may have been a plant

there's been info that he said he came down from vancouver from a vancouver open carry event. i can't see any info about any open carry events in vancouver in all of october.

FattyKrack

there's been info that he said he came down from vancouver from a vancouver open carry event. i can't see any info about any open carry events in vancouver in all of october.
I know it's hard to fathom, but just because there was an event where people open carried... doesn't mean it was a OCDO event. And I heard it was at the Vancouver PD

1245A Defender

Well,,,

he provided the media the image of exactly what they wanted to project, a scary angry guy with a gun. :banghead:

both MSG Laigaie and Dave Workman stated why this was not a good idea.

He wasnt angry or scary, he looked stern... I talked to him many times, he was nice and polite,
respectful, he and his 2 friends smiled as we talked,, he was a,, good guy!

Did anyone talk to him? Get some information? A name? Occupation? Town?
We need to track him down, I think he may have been a plant

He said he lives down near Vancouver, that he is involved with a Washington State militia group,
said they have a facebook, to look it up...

PS,,, his gun... it was an AK Draco Pistol with a wrist stabilizer..
Not,, an ak rifle with a but stock

Dave Workman

Voting begins as both sides demonstrate on dueling gun measures

Evergreen State voters began filling out their ballots this weekend, casting the first votes on competing Initiatives 591 and 594, with a gun rights demonstration Saturday at Westlake Plaza and a gun control march Sunday afternoon, the latest chapter in a fight that is getting national attention.

http://www.examiner.com/article/voting-begins-as-both-sides-demonstrate-on-dueling-wash-gun-measures

Be sure to leave a comment at Examiner on this. Even about the guy with the AK pistol. That column gets a remarkably wide readership, and they DO read the comments.

bani

He wasnt angry or scary, he looked stern... I talked to him many times, he was nice and polite,
respectful, he and his 2 friends smiled as we talked,, he was a,, good guy!

did anyone advise him that the rally organizers requested no OC?

Geerolla

PS,,, his gun... it was an AK Draco Pistol with a wrist stabilizer..
Not,, an ak rifle with a but stock

Irrelevant, seeing as the media can't even tell the difference... let alone your average voter on the fence.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Dain Bramage

I could tell it was a wrist stabilizer, but I doubt many people could tell the difference. I'm glad I don't have one on my PAP. Makes an AK pistol look huge, and kind of defeats the purpose.

I thought KING coverage was fairly balanced. Started with a cheap shot of kids playing on the playground then segued to scary men with guns. They let the pro-I-594 guy drone on a lot longer than they let Hadian counter talk on Sunday's pro-I-594 march. They showed angry AK-pistol dude, and a few close-ups of pistols on hips. On the other hand, pans of the crowd made it seem more diverse than it actually was: Asian dude, Blue-haired gal, service dog. And the young guy they interviewed seemed earnest and likeable. He was also racially diverse, possibly Asian Indian. I know it shouldn't matter, but in 2014 Washington it unfortunately does.

I had fun, brought four young people. Three were my kids, and one friend of my daughter's. Friend thought AK pistol dude was "cute", even pointed him out on TV, so there are different takes on the subject. Apparently home-made signs are rare, so ours seemed to make a hit. Showed up on all the broadcasts. We parked at Seattle Center, so it was a hoot OC'ing on the Monorail. I'm pretty sure a few people noticed, including some Asian tourists, but nobody seemed alarmed. Scary bearded dude probably seems less scary when talking with four bubbly teens.

Overall, I enjoyed the rally, but was disappointed in the low turnout.