Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clay deputy's son, 2, accidentally fires father's gun inside Wendy's;

Clay deputy's son, 2, accidentally fires father's gun inside Wendy's;

The 2-year-old son of a Clay County sheriff’s deputy was struck in the foot by a shattered bullet fragment and sustained minor injuries when his father’s personal handgun accidentally discharged into the floor of a Middleburg fast food restaurant where the family stopped for lunch.

http://members.jacksonville.com/news...?utm_source=cx
    Charges?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Charges?
    Yep. Idiot that's gonna get another place off-limits to OC.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Uh...it's FL, OC is a no-no for the most part.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Yeah, right, blame the kid.

The OP asks a question, directed towards the FL members. You Mid-Atlantic folk should wait and learn...or not.

Banned
    Isn't the 2 yr old the Sheriff?

Nepotism .... serves him right.

deputy, junior deputy.

Another concealed pocket carry idiot. He not only carried unsafely, he allowed his son to stick his hand in his pocket. What a dufus!
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Photo of the perp...er, victim...no, wait...verp, that's not right...pictim...oh, forget it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-dads-gun.html

edited to omit the obvious, and instead have a ...(face palm)...
    Last edited by Maverick9; 09-09-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Luckily, "The restaurant was not damaged."
    Han shot first.

Obviously I don't have all the facts on this, just what I've read but what a cluster.

A pocket carry Kel-Tec, most probably no holster (too uncool for that) and your kid reaching in your pocket.

What could possibly go wrong?

I could add a bit more but I'll be civil for the time being.

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

I am trying to figure how a 2 year old could manage to get his hand far enough in the pocket of a adult. A tall 2 year old and a very short cop?

The only thing I can come up with he was wearing those tactical britches with the low pockets.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Yeah, right, blame the kid.
    I tend to agree ... kid had nothing to do with it ...

There's something fishy about this...

There's something fishy about this story.

How tall was the father? How tall was the two year old?

I carry a KelTec .32. Not much different from a KelTec .380. The trigger pull is pretty stiff, and at the angle the 2 year old would be reaching, or attempting to reach, into his father's pocket would make it very difficult to pull the trigger.

The toddler would have to reach up and then down into the father's pants (picture yourself reaching above your own head and then down into a bucket or something like that) unless the father was holding his son. And even then, the kid would have to lean down, and the father would feel his son's hand in his pocket LONG before the kid could get a grip strong enough on the pistol to pull the trigger.

I think the cop had his hand in his pocket fiddling with his pistol and is blaming his son for something he did.

My X-OL carried/may still carry a P-32 that I fluffed and buffed and lapped and lubricated trying to smooth and ease the trigger pull. No child pulled that trigger to fire.

Similar to my house gun through my daughter's childhood - no child can toggle a Luger to strip a round from the magazine.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I am trying to figure how a 2 year old could manage to get his hand far enough in the pocket of a adult. A tall 2 year old and a very short cop?

The only thing I can come up with he was wearing those tactical britches with the low pockets.
    I suspect the tot's hand wasn't IN the daddy's pocket at all.... just fingering the outside of the pocket and happened to make the right grip to fire the gun all from the outside of the pocket!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Yep. Idiot that's gonna get another place off-limits to OC.
    He was not open carrying, was he?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I suspect the tot's hand wasn't IN the daddy's pocket at all.... just fingering the outside of the pocket and happened to make the right grip to fire the gun all from the outside of the pocket!
    With a snapcap in the gun (if you have one) try that. I guarantee you (having had a Kel-tec at one time) it's impossible, unless you're wearing flimsy dress pants and an adult does it. The K-T has a 10lb trigger pull.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Charges?
    IMHO. I think it appropriate to require him to attend a gun safety class.
    Jail time would be indicative of an attack on gun owners. Political.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Anybody hear any updates on this one?

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    Anybody hear any updates on this one?

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver
    No medical treatment was required .. investigation is continuing .. want a cite, go to google

Im sure no charges will be brought... now if it was you or I.... different story.

What would the charge be, given that he is presumed innocent of any crime?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    What would the charge be, given that he is presumed innocent of any crime?
    Good question. Sounds like someone would have to charge a 2 year old lol
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast