• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clay deputy's son, 2, accidentally fires father's gun inside Wendy's;

OC for ME

WalkingWolf

Another concealed pocket carry idiot. He not only carried unsafely, he allowed his son to stick his hand in his pocket. What a dufus!

ADulay

Obviously I don't have all the facts on this, just what I've read but what a cluster.

A pocket carry Kel-Tec, most probably no holster (too uncool for that) and your kid reaching in your pocket.

What could possibly go wrong?

I could add a bit more but I'll be civil for the time being.

AD

WalkingWolf

I am trying to figure how a 2 year old could manage to get his hand far enough in the pocket of a adult. A tall 2 year old and a very short cop?

The only thing I can come up with he was wearing those tactical britches with the low pockets.

Chris Hopson

There's something fishy about this...

There's something fishy about this story.

How tall was the father? How tall was the two year old?

I carry a KelTec .32. Not much different from a KelTec .380. The trigger pull is pretty stiff, and at the angle the 2 year old would be reaching, or attempting to reach, into his father's pocket would make it very difficult to pull the trigger.

The toddler would have to reach up and then down into the father's pants (picture yourself reaching above your own head and then down into a bucket or something like that) unless the father was holding his son. And even then, the kid would have to lean down, and the father would feel his son's hand in his pocket LONG before the kid could get a grip strong enough on the pistol to pull the trigger.

I think the cop had his hand in his pocket fiddling with his pistol and is blaming his son for something he did.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I am trying to figure how a 2 year old could manage to get his hand far enough in the pocket of a adult. A tall 2 year old and a very short cop?

The only thing I can come up with he was wearing those tactical britches with the low pockets.

I suspect the tot's hand wasn't IN the daddy's pocket at all.... just fingering the outside of the pocket and happened to make the right grip to fire the gun all from the outside of the pocket!

Maverick9

I suspect the tot's hand wasn't IN the daddy's pocket at all.... just fingering the outside of the pocket and happened to make the right grip to fire the gun all from the outside of the pocket!

With a snapcap in the gun (if you have one) try that. I guarantee you (having had a Kel-tec at one time) it's impossible, unless you're wearing flimsy dress pants and an adult does it. The K-T has a 10lb trigger pull.