Thread: Panera Bread asks customers to leave guns at home

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Panera Bread asks customers to leave guns at home

This story has a poll also.
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/panera-br...eave-guns-home

Employees at Panera Bread strive to exist as symbols of “warmth and welcome.” But not the kind of warmth that comes from the shell casing of a gun.
    In a move unlike any other management persuaded by national campaigns to alter their gun policies, the CEO of Panera Bread is asking customers to leave their guns at home. Throughout the past year, members of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America have influenced various corporations to ban armed individuals from entering stores. The companies typically respond promptly to the petitions by asking clients to refrain from possessing firearms while dining or shopping at the various locations across the country.
    A spokesperson for the pro-reform gun group said the moms and Panera management had discussed the possibility of a firearms prohibition in the months prior to the CEO’s ultimate choice on Monday. But CEO Ronald Shaich proactively adopted new regulations, unprompted by a national campaign against his stores.

Already being hotly thread drifted at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...bring-your-gun .

Pay attention!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Affects Open Carry

I listened to Jeff Katz yesterday about this topic; many callers said they would continue to carry concealed.

Well, sure! But what about exposed carry (how does that sound)?

So, I'm including a link to Truth Revolt, which as the statement from the sensitive and thoughtful CEO:

Panera Bread Jumps On The "No Guns Allowed" Bandwagon

Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth.

This warmth means bakery-cafes where customers and associates feel comfortable and welcome. To this end, we ask that guns not be brought into this environment unless carried by an authorized law enforcement officer. Panera respects the rights of gun owners, but asks our customers to help preserve the environment we are working to create for our guests and associates.
    Basically, those who expose themselves make others around them feel UNcomfortable and UNwelcome.

So go away. But what if you won't? The CEO says:
    We’re certainly not going to put our associates in the position of confronting someone carrying a gun. We won’t put our café management in the position of being law enforcement.
    Well, that's helpful. And what is an authorized law enforcement officer? As opposed to unauthorized?

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Already being hotly thread drifted at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...bring-your-gun .

Pay attention!

stay safe.
    Thanks Skid but I don't go there. A lot of them people ain't from around here.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Pay attention!

stay safe.
    Crotchety.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

just like target

not one of my favorite or often frequented places, like target and colonial sa. Dont like much being treated like a criminal and brow beaten. In csa, im followed. I have literally thousands to spend but dont look it, so I go to walmart and greentop. The panera over at vcc, I walk right through their patio on my way to the great pizza place next door. Snarled and brow beaten from the panera patrons, I have never had any problems at the pizza place and their garlic knots are great. Perhaps the patrons dont care for us because we throw scraps to the fish, ducks and turtles in the clearly posted pond and climb the handrails. wawa has good soup anyway. wawa, greentop and walmart...life is good.
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.

Panera has one good point. The coffee is pretty good and free refills all day.....BUT...

They don't have any food I can eat, the WiFi is slow as hell, the customers are mostly followers of Maynard Krebs You have to be old to know who that is )
    Maynard G. Krebs is the "beatnik" sidekick of the title character in the U.S. television sitcom The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, which aired on CBS from 1959 to 1963.

And now they are anti gun....The hell with them.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Panera has one good point. The coffee is pretty good and free refills all day.....BUT...

They don't have any food I can eat, the WiFi is slow as hell, the customers are mostly followers of Maynard Krebs You have to be old to know who that is )

And now they are anti gun....The hell with them.
    im gonna tell wawa youre cheating on them
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.