Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: 15 years ago, a federal judge ruled that police departments can bar smart applicants

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212

    15 years ago, a federal judge ruled that police departments can bar smart applicants


  2. #2
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    Your a little behind the curve brother..... 9/9/1999....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212
    That shows how long it's been officially sanctioned, enemy.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Your[sic] a little behind the curve brother..... 9/9/1999....
    Not unless being late by one day out of 5,480 is significant. I'd say it's historic enough to be worth mentioning.

    By the way, You're is a contraction of you are. It has no other uses. This is a 100% rule. If you cannot expand it to you are in your sentence, then it is wrong. Your is a possessive adjective. (Other possessive adjectives are: my, your, his, her, its, our, and their.)


    Someone's not in any danger of being disqualified, methinks.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 09-10-2014 at 08:10 PM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Gee, I wonder if that's why he wrote that it happened 15 years ago.
    By the way, You're is a contraction of you are. It has no other uses. This is a 100% rule. If you cannot expand it to you are in your sentence, then it is wrong. Your is a possessive adjective. (Other possessive adjectives are: my, your, his, her, its, our, and their.)


    Someone's not in any danger of being disqualified, methinks.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Not unless being late by one day out of 5,480 is significant. I'd say it's historic enough to be worth mentioning.

    By the way, You're is a contraction of you are. It has no other uses. This is a 100% rule. If you cannot expand it to you are in your sentence, then it is wrong. Your is a possessive adjective. (Other possessive adjectives are: my, your, his, her, its, our, and their.)


    Someone's not in any danger of being disqualified, methinks.
    Even with the prelude of "15 years ago" doesn't make it any more relevant to.... Well anything.

    Thanks for the lesson my friend I'll send u a check in the mail.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  7. #7
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    That shows how long it's been officially sanctioned, enemy.
    Lol if your dumb enough to think I'm your "enemy" that says more about you then me. I don't consider any American my "enemy".

    I still love you even if you are so misguided...

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Lol if your dumb enough to think I'm your "enemy" that says more about you then me. I don't consider any American my "enemy".

    I still love you even if you are so misguided...

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    (1) It's "you're," not "your."

    (2) Beating and killing people for sadistic pleasure isn't love.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    (1) It's "you're," not "your."

    (2) Beating and killing people for sadistic pleasure isn't love.
    Have I beat or killed you? Or anyone else? Also can you prove it was for sadistic pleasure?

    Didn't think so my love.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  10. #10
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Primus is living proof of this. The guy has been given sh!t about his total inability to differentiate 'your' and 'you're' at least 5 times this week. You even gave a detailed explanation and 2 posts later he uses your instead of you're.

    It'd be funny if it were a troll, but it clearly is not. It's just sad.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Primus is living proof of this. The guy has been given sh!t about his total inability to differentiate 'your' and 'you're' at least 5 times this week. You even gave a detailed explanation and 2 posts later he uses your instead of you're.

    It'd be funny if it were a troll, but it clearly is not. It's just sad.
    Its not inability my friend... It's not caring... Thought you would've figured that out by now but I guess it needed to be explained you..

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  12. #12
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    You couldn't type properly if I made a $500 bet on it. It has nothing to do with apathy, it's ignorance and inability.

    Your so dum.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    You couldn't type properly if I made a $500 bet on it. It has nothing to do with apathy, it's ignorance and inability.

    Your so dum.
    Lmao....

    "Your so dum"

    You just made my night. I needed a good laugh.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  14. #14
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  15. #15
    Regular Member fjpro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    300

    Ooffaahh!!!!!!

    To State Hater and Primus:
    I would like each of you to respond with 3 separate but concrete thoughts as to how you "advanced" the open carry movement one stinkin' iota with this thread. Listen guys, we always need a little "elbow room" to express ourselves, but enough is enough. How about if you guys meet equidistant from you're (just joking) locations and break bread together. Have a good laugh and work together. The opposition is laughing at us when they read theses kinds of threads.

  16. #16
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Even a "genius cop" is dumb. Good that NLPD rejected this looser.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  17. #17
    Regular Member Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle,WA, , USA
    Posts
    266

    Unhappy smart cops

    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    And it shows.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    (1) It's "you're," not "your."

    (2) Beating and killing people for sadistic pleasure isn't love.
    There is a Ray Rice joke in there somewhere...but it may be too soon.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    There is a Ray Rice joke in there somewhere...but it may be too soon.
    He didn't kill her... It was a love tap. Its not his fault the railing got in the way of her head.

    And now he's being strong for her....

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    There is a Ray Rice joke in there somewhere...but it may be too soon.
    Ray was getting her ready for the wedding. So she would not be knocked unconscious from the rice.

    It's a misunderstanding.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    To State Hater and Primus:
    I would like each of you to respond with 3 separate but concrete thoughts as to how you "advanced" the open carry movement one stinkin' iota with this thread. Listen guys, we always need a little "elbow room" to express ourselves, but enough is enough. How about if you guys meet equidistant from you're (just joking) locations and break bread together. Have a good laugh and work together. The opposition is laughing at us when they read theses kinds of threads.
    I'll give you one concrete thought: cops are an absolute, utter cancer for liberty, and abolishing them, and bringing forth a voluntaryist society, would advance open carry leaps and bounds.

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    I'll give you one concrete thought: cops are an absolute, utter cancer for liberty, and abolishing them, and bringing forth a voluntaryist society, would advance open carry leaps and bounds.

    +1 Who enforces the anti liberty edicts of the state?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    +1 Who enforces the anti liberty edicts of the state?
    Mostly bullies who were "C average" in high school.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •