Thread: Marion Barber carries a gun in church in TX; doesn't go well...

Marion Barber carries a gun in church in TX; doesn't go well...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...-report-091014

Sent for a mental health observation; is that normal in TX? Lesson learned; don't take off your jacket....

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Well, considering OC is not legal.....

Sounds like the only reason a health eval was done is due to the disorientation factor. It's entirely possible that it was voluntary, assuming a disoriented person can actually consent. I've seen people given the option of going to the hospital or going to jail, but I don't know if that's normal for Texas
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Well, considering OC is not legal.....

Sounds like the only reason a health eval was done is due to the disorientation factor. It's entirely possible that it was voluntary, assuming a disoriented person can actually consent. I've seen people given the option of going to the hospital or going to jail, but I don't know if that's normal for Texas
    He was on private land ... OC should be OK, right? Sounds like he did nothing wrong, was not arrested and the story is just meant to smear the guy.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He was on private land ... OC should be OK, right? Sounds like he did nothing wrong, was not arrested and the story is just meant to smear the guy.
    Only if it's property under his control. Whatever that means. Ask one lawyer if that means you can OC on private property with permission, they'll tell you yes. Ask another lawyer, even one within the same organization, and they'll flip flop around like they don't want to answer the question, and they'll "recommend" you don't. There are probably plenty of prosecutors that would be willing to take it to court, but that doesn't really mean anything. IMO the only possible logical conclusion is that you can OC on private property with permission from someone in control, i.e. owner or manager. BUT even if that's true, I doubt he obtained permission in this case.

I agree about the story, though.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-10-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

OC ( except for long guns and police) is not ok yet in TX. CC is ok at church unless posted otherwise. Some large churches in Dallas area do have security forces. crummy article doesnt say if he was a member of the church or just stumbled in w his pistol and a 51 shell magazine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    OC ( except for long guns and police) is not ok yet in TX. CC is ok at church unless posted otherwise. Some large churches in Dallas area do have security forces. crummy article doesnt say if he was a member of the church or just stumbled in w his pistol and a 51 shell magazine...
    I want to see that magazine!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Like the gun store advertising gorilla near Beaumont would say - it was a banana clip in that pistol.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by johnfenter View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...-report-091014

Sent for a mental health observation; is that normal in TX? Lesson learned; don't take off your jacket....

I wouldn't be surprised if he was coming for Jerry Jones. They overworked him. One man cannot carry an entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

More than likely he was carrying three 17 round magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    More than likely he was carrying three 17 round magazines.
    Countless dreams thus shattered...
    Last edited by mikeyb; 09-18-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Maybe he was carrying a Glock with a 50 round drum magazine +1 in the chamber. That would give him 51 rounds

http://www.impactguns.com/data/defau...glock_drum.jpg

We can only hope. You know what they say about hitting a deer...if you're gonna hit a deer, speed it up! Same logic applies here I guess?