• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The “Ballistics and Briskets” Meet-up 9/27

SharpShootur

My fellow Open Carriers!

The Las Vegas Open Carry of Southern Nevada is conducting another monthly meet up! By this time, we’ve traveled to various locations throughout the Las Vegas valley and enjoyed amazing eats and treats. We’ve also enjoyed the ambiance of such wonderful hospitality by those establishments that not only welcomed us, but whom also support our constitutional rights.

We’ve traveled far and wide to enjoy our camaraderie. Some have traveled further than others. This time, this meet up will be in the “center mass” of the city. By popular demand, it’s time for all you law abiding armed citizens to join with your fellow open carrying “gun slingers” to once again don your peace makers at Rollin Smoke Barbeque!

Please spread the word for the “Ballistics and Briskets” Meet-up! The info is as follows:

Date: September 27, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
3185 S. Highland Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 836-3621

Hope to see you there! Remember to please bring your spouse! If you have a special someone in your life, please don’t forget to bring them too! As always, the more friends you bring the merrier! It's going to be a good time!

***PLEASE READ***
Remember, we're striving to make this a monthly event so please give me, SharpShootur, a list of any and all OC friendly restaurants and dives that you know of or find. That way, we'll have variety as well as good times!

Last edited:

SharpShootur

The “Ballistics and Briskets” Meet-up Update

Alright crew! I have an update to the monthly meet up today. I contacted Rollin Smoke Barbeque to reserve the Party Pit room for us (as suggested by a number of members here).
I have reserved the room, HOWEVER, everyone that will be attending MUST have an additional $10.00 to pay for the room. In other words, it will have to be $10 per adult.
Thank you everyone. And don't forget, the meet ups are at gun friendly locations so be sure to invite your friends (don't forget to tell them of the $10 per adult).

SharpShootur

The “Ballistics and Briskets” Meet-up Update

Alright people! Here's the deal about the meet up. After careful counsel and consensus, the plan for the meet up this Saturday is to "Secure Ground." Please arrive as early as you can to secure tables for our members.

It has been decided that this action is far more preferable then paying the Party Room rental fee ($100 per hour for groups). Not only is that outrageous, but is also a bit of an insult as well. Please be advised of this change. Thank you.

Ron_O

Alright people! Here's the deal about the meet up. After careful counsel and consensus, the plan for the meet up this Saturday is to "Secure Ground." Please arrive as early as you can to secure tables for our members.

It has been decided that this action is far more preferable then paying the Party Room rental fee ($100 per hour for groups). Not only is that outrageous, but is also a bit of an insult as well. Please be advised of this change. Thank you.

Just to be clear, 'Secure Ground' isn't the name of another restaurant, it's referring to open seating in Rollin' Smoke BBQ...???

Last edited:

z28power

I am going to miss this month's meetup, but look forward to seeing everybody next time for sure!