Thread: Pro I-591 Spokane Edition. Is there anyone out there?

Pro I-591 Spokane Edition. Is there anyone out there?

Good Day from the Far East Side,
    I know people are busy, but we need to do something here in Spokane to show support for I-591. I have not seen any billboards, yard signs or bumper stickers on ether 591 or 594.
    So, I know it is short notice, but we need to have an OC meeting to see who we can round up for a pro I-591 rally. Also, need to find out who has access to yard signs, OC pamphlets, etc., then make plans for a local rally / park picnic. Maybe get an evening news 5 sec clip. We need to find out if the local gun shops have anything going. I know that Robin Ball, of Sharp Shooting gun shop, is opposed to 594, but she is not real hot for 591. I think we could make a big push here in the next month.
    Anyone else got any ideas?

I will throw out a day and time for a OC meet up, Sept. 13 at 9:30-10:00 am at the Donut Parade.
    Also, the local gun show is the 27th-28th.

Quote Originally Posted by fetch View Post
    Good Day from the Far East Side,
    I know people are busy, but we need to do something here in Spokane to show support for I-591. I have not seen any billboards, yard signs or bumper stickers on ether 591 or 594.
    So, I know it is short notice, but we need to have an OC meeting to see who we can round up for a pro I-591 rally. Also, need to find out who has access to yard signs, OC pamphlets, etc., then make plans for a local rally / park picnic. Maybe get an evening news 5 sec clip. We need to find out if the local gun shops have anything going. I know that Robin Ball, of Sharp Shooting gun shop, is opposed to 594, but she is not real hot for 591. I think we could make a big push here in the next month.
    Anyone else got any ideas?

I will throw out a day and time for a OC meet up, Sept. 13 at 9:30-10:00 am at the Donut Parade.
    Also, the local gun show is the 27th-28th.
    I have been thinking the same thing. I am not real hot on I-591 either but at this time I am going to vote for it. The gun show is preaching to the choir amd a waste of time we need to get the ,essage out to other people. I would put a sign at my house on a main hwy if I could find one. I can be at DP about 930 Sat, see you there.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Personally I wouldn't try to set the argument up as Pro-591 and Anti-594, and instead just focus on being Anti-594. I-591 is bad law too, just not nearly so bad as I-594.

Quote Originally Posted by "10th Ammendment, US Constitution
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    Why do we want acquiesce our states' rights to the federal government? If I-591 passes, and the federal government tries to pass a federal law that is as, or more, restrictive than I-594 is now; on what grounds would we be able to "protest" against it; since I-591 contains language indicating that WA would comply with any national standard?

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedString View Post
    Personally I wouldn't try to set the argument up as Pro-591 and Anti-594, and instead just focus on being Anti-594. I-591 is bad law too, just not nearly so bad as I-594.

Why do we want acquiesce our states' rights to the federal government? If I-591 passes, and the federal government tries to pass a federal law that is as, or more, restrictive than I-594 is now; on what grounds would we be able to "protest" against it; since I-591 contains language indicating that WA would comply with any national standard?
    Frayed,
    I do agree that 591 sets us up for whatever the "National Standard" the government ends up having. The point of my post is to try and bring people in Spokane to a meeting (we have not met up in months) to discuss it and get more coordinated. I will personally vote no on both 591 (for that reason) and 594.