Thread: 19 yr old KS Resident could get a Missouri permit and Carry Concealed in KS!

19 yr old KS Resident could get a Missouri permit and Carry Concealed in KS!

a person must be 21 to get a KS CCL permit

The interesting thing about Missouri lowering the age to 19 is that a 19 year old who lives and resides in Kansas can get a Missouri permit and conceal carry in Kansas since we accept all 50 states permits.

Hopefully Kansas will now lower our age to 19 or better yet 18 so our CC instructors donít lose any business to Missouri.

Itís a great day for the 2nd Amendment!!

I was incorrect on the above information. Missouri only issues to out of state military stationed in Missouri

RSMo 571.101
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Kansas only recognizes Kansas CCH for Kansas residents.

Quote Originally Posted by marine0300 View Post
    a person must be 21 to get a KS CCL permit

The interesting thing about Missouri lowering the age to 19 is that a 19 year old who lives and resides in Kansas can get a Missouri permit and conceal carry in Kansas since we accept all 50 states permits.
    WRONG..... Kansas looked far enough ahead in their CCW laws to prevent just this.... Taken from Attorney Generals Website on CCW : Beginning July 1, 2013, the State of Kansas will recognize all ďvalidĒ concealed carry licenses (or permits, cards, etc.) that are issued by another State or the District of Columbia. HOWEVER, there are two important caveats to that general rule: (1) this recognition only extends to individuals who are not residents of Kansas.

So by being a RESIDENT from Kansas, your OTHER states CCW permit will not be honored...So... 21 years of age to all the Kansas people..
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.