Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: insane patriotards get butthurt over mechanic using imperial flag to fix machinery

Banned

Thumbs down insane patriotards get butthurt over mechanic using imperial flag to fix machinery

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/26...-as-drop-cloth

Why are so many sheeple so utterly demented?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Maybe because they show respect to our nation's flag and want others to do likewise.

I personally preferred the time when the penalty was more severe.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I just realized your avatar is a burning flag. Life in prison! Treasonous cretin!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

I think people should treat the flag with respect.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I treat all of my flags with respect*, but I'm not going to get butt hurt if someone else treats theirs poorly. I have no right to interfere with them doing what they want with their flag. I'm surprised that you would think otherwise, grapeshot.

*I do not own an American flag
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-11-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I treat all of my flags with respect*, but I'm not going to get butt hurt if someone else treats theirs poorly. I have no right to interfere with them doing what they want with their flag. I'm surprised that you would think otherwise, grapeshot.

*I do not own an American flag
    Did not say that I would interfere..... or had a right to do so.

Banned
    What is this, the freaking stone age? People actually are treating some inanimate object as if it is a god. That is stone age superstition at its worst.

Banned
    I think that they have the right to do whatever they want to the flag. And we have a right to make a stink about it.

I personally, have no emotional attachment to anything made by man. Use it as toilet paper as much as I care.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Did not say that I would interfere..... or had a right to do so.
    You said you preferred the time when the penalty was more severe. So, you preferred the time when people did more wrong, in that they intervened more where they had no right to intervene at all? Did I misunderstand what you meant by 'when the penalty was more severe'?
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    What is this, the freaking stone age? People actually are treating some inanimate object as if it is a god. That is stone age superstition at its worst.
    You make a straw man argument (introduction of a deity) then compound it by being insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    You said you preferred the time when the penalty was more severe. So, you preferred the time when people did more wrong, in that they intervened more where they had no right to intervene at all? Did I misunderstand what you meant by 'when the penalty was more severe'?
    When the penalty was more severe, there was less desecration for a combination of reasons.

It was a different time. One in which I found much to favor.

A citizen has the right to do what he wishes with a flag in his ownership.

A public employee does not have the same latitude with a flag owned by the government he is paid by. He is claiming ignorance, fine; that's one thing. He is also refusing to apologize even though ordered to do so by his boss, the mayor. That's also interesting.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    When the penalty was more severe, there was less desecration for a combination of reasons.

So you don't respect people's right to do what they want to their own property?

So you don't respect people's right to do what they want to their own property?
    I do not take kindly to having my words misrepresented - you should stop while you are ahead.

i am sure there are more than one out here who also, at times, wish for more productive accountability for those who infringe on other's sensibilities. however, to judge previous eras of the way it was done or handled and then in current time criticize people's actions in the past is like Monday morning quarterbacking and extremely non productive to the scheme of things, especially when we fail to learn anything. I know my grand father and even my father, at times, longed and wished for the return to the way things were, vice the way they had mutated throughout their lifetimes.

C'est la vie, plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-11-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    I do not take kindly to having my words misrepresented - you should stop while you are ahead.
    Then I'll let you explain how "I personally preferred the time when the penalty was more severe." [in the context of flag-burning] is compatible with private property rights.

While it is nothing I would do, or would approve of, it is another instance of one group trying to control what a individual does, or group that harms no one.

People need to learn to move on with matters that are outside their hands, and live and let live.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Maybe because they show respect to our nation's flag and want others to do likewise.

I personally preferred the time when the penalty was more severe.
    I personally prefer the state not have laws implying their symbols are connected to god or religion.
    Desecration means damaging something holy. Holy meaning connected to god or religion.
    There are many things I may think are ugly that still should not bring the State's wrath.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    While it is nothing I would do, or would approve of, it is another instance of one group trying to control what a individual does, or group that harms no one.

People need to learn to move on with matters that are outside their hands, and live and let live.
    perfectly said.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I personally prefer the state not have laws implying their symbols are connected to god or religion.
    Desecration means damaging something holy. Holy meaning connected to god or religion.
    There are many things I may think are ugly that still should not bring the State's wrath.
    The ruling class wants gullible idiots to worship them. It's their source of power.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/26...-as-drop-cloth

Why are so many sheeple so utterly demented?
    Why do you get your panties in a knot over what demented sheeple think?
    Han shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by waskel View Post
    Why do you get your panties in a knot over what demented sheeple think?
    Wannabe sheeple-dog guardian of what he thinks is right and good.

Sunday past a pastor used the parable of the sheep discussing - not forgiving! - ISIS. Thanking him, I asked "sheep or wolves" and he hesitated.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Somebody needs a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snickers2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	12020  
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Wolves (without hesitation) that need to be put down.
    Han shot first.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast