Thread: army Lt Col refused entrance to daughter's high school

army Lt Col refused entrance to daughter's high school

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/09/10...earing-uniform

should be interesting to see how this plays out...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    If some fancy pancy officer wants to go off base ... get into his dress uniform.

It was a rogue security guard making up policy on his own. Title is a tad sensational... has was initially refused entry by one person making up things outside his authority, but the title makes it sound like he was absolutely refused and never got it cleared up.

What is definitely missing though... is info about punishing that security guard.
    Last edited by Baked on Grease; 09-11-2014 at 06:34 PM.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

It should be noted that the school's security employee seems to have acted stupidly, alone, and without authority. The school officials immediately came out and welcomed him in and apologized.

Remember that security is a job with a lot of pretend authority, but is actually a job few people want. It is low-paying and draws stupid, arrogant people more than most jobs.

This should have never made the news.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    It should be noted that the school's security employee seems to have acted stupidly, alone, and without authority. The school officials immediately came out and welcomed him in and apologized.

Remember that security is a job with a lot of pretend authority, but is actually a job few people want. It is low-paying and draws stupid, arrogant people more than most jobs.

This should have never made the news.
    Every time some government employee violates a citizen's rights it should be screamed from the highest mountains.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Hardly news worthy.
    Immediately give security idiot fire letter on back of Burger King application and send him on his way.
    Apologize to parent.
    Move on.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

being a cynic, the Colonel had to call the superintendent's office to gain access and there is only the superintendent's word it wasn't school policy since the guard hasn't told their side of the story.

also disappointed the Colonel didn't just ignore the security guard and continue walking the counselor's office?
    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-11-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    being a cynic, the Colonel had to call the superintendent's office to gain access and there is only the superintendent's word it wasn't school policy since the guard hasn't told their side of the story.

also disappointed the Colonel didn't just ignore the security guard and continue walking the counselor's office?
    ipse
    Interesting point.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I wonder if the guard would do anything if someone walks in wearing a keffiyeh?

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Why? Do you enjoy creating unnecessary conflict?

I thought the Colonel handled the situation with the professionalism expected of his rank and experience. As it was, the principal served in the Marines, and ensured the firm who employed the security guard was clear that uniformed military personnel have the same right of access as any parent.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.