• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Columbia gun store guy doesn't like SB656 passing

logunowner

Just watched KRCG (TV station)out of Jeff City. They interviewed a guy named Jim Hill, identified as a firearm instructor that was working at a gun store in Columbia. He was totally against the passage of SB656! Said that people that open carry are stupid, causing problems with the police in Columbia, and of course will be the first killed at a 7-11 store robbery...... What a moron!

Rusty Young Man

In a few months (or years), I imagine it will be quite satisfying for whoever later puts his soundbite into a YouTube clip detailing the absence of such an event.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Just watched KRCG (TV station)out of Jeff City. They interviewed a guy named Jim Hill, identified as a firearm instructor that was working at a gun store in Columbia. He was totally against the passage of SB656! Said that people that open carry are stupid, causing problems with the police in Columbia, and of course will be the first killed at a 7-11 store robbery...... What a moron!

Most of those types need to have subtitles under them while talking on camera. They would read like this: "holy crap! If everyone starts carrying openly, no one will attend my over priced CC only classes....boo..hoo..hoo..WHAH!"

Remember one simple truth people - follow the $ when it comes to the motivation of those that are against us. Think about it. Most of our opponents are simply worried about job security. Cc Instructors, police, politicians etc... If no one needs them, what will they do? :cool:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Most of those types need to have subtitles under them while talking on camera. They would read like this: "holy crap! If everyone starts carrying openly, no one will attend my over priced CC only classes....boo..hoo..hoo..WHAH!"

I should just get one of those stupid NRA instructors designations and just sign the stupid forms that the guberment cannot require ... here ya go ...

Last edited:

The Truth

double_facepalm.jpg

solus

i am sure target masters owner is extremely please to have their CCW instructor getting such wonderful press for their organization. http://www.targetmasters.net/about-us.php

apparently, mr hill is more concerned with public safety from citizens jamming the 911 system when they see an OpenCarrier on the streets as he states during his 15 minutes of fame:
quote:
Hill said, “In Columbia if somebody walks down the street carrying a firearm, 911 becomes overloaded. That is an issue for public safety. If people can’t get through for a real emergency because there are people who don’t understand the law and are uneducated, it just creates a hazard for the community. Plus, we discourage it because if you are walking around with open carry and somebody burglarizes are robs your place, you are going to be the first target.” unquote http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=1095478

ipse

logunowner

i am sure target masters owner is extremely please to have their CCW instructor getting such wonderful press for their organization. http://www.targetmasters.net/about-us.php

apparently, mr hill is more concerned with public safety from citizens jamming the 911 system when they see an OpenCarrier on the streets as he states during his 15 minutes of fame:
quote:
Hill said, “In Columbia if somebody walks down the street carrying a firearm, 911 becomes overloaded. That is an issue for public safety. If people can’t get through for a real emergency because there are people who don’t understand the law and are uneducated, it just creates a hazard for the community. Plus, we discourage it because if you are walking around with open carry and somebody burglarizes are robs your place, you are going to be the first target.” unquote http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=1095478

ipse
Thanks for identifying where Mr. Hill works. I believe a trip to Columbia this weekend might be in order!!! I have been open carrying for years and have not had one negative comment. Most people shake my hand and thank me for standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights. It will be interesting to hear about where Mr. Hill gets all of his knowledge on the subject!!!!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
DONT waste your time!!!!!

Target masters is the same location and range that changed the language of a bill a couple of years ago to increase the rounds shot from 70 to 140 and the requirement of shooting them from both an automatic and a revolver aka edited it to say 70 rounds EACH vs previous requirements which were to load and unload both but only had to shoot one of them if that was your choice.

They actually did such a poor job in editing it that they almost invalidated every person who was licensed from 2004 to 2010 I believe it was as they are total idiots.

for those whom seek to doubt me calling them idiots, I offer as evidence the dumb-ass is standing there talking to the reporter about how bad open carry is while OPEN CARRYING LMGDAO!

Seriously though, don't waste your time visiting tthem, it will just piss you off and you can't fix stupid. Want the whole story on them, hit Tim Oliver's learn to carry web space, he details it all out. Tim is Top Shelf and put up 10k of his own coin for ccw to make it into MO back in 2003.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=1095478

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Mr Hill is a Bloomberg plant. He's more concerned with loosing his cash stream than anything to do with rights.

logunowner

Just asked to leave Target Master gun shop.

I just got kicked out of Target Masters Gun Shop in Columbia. I went their open carrying and as soon as I opened the door I saw Jim Hill, the guy that give the interview on KRCG news yesterday.
I told Jim that a lot of people have worked very hard so that Missouri citizens can open carry state wide. We talked and he told me that open carry people like myself present a safety hazard to others by clogging the 911 system with people calling in scared of me walking around. At that point I told him he has no business earning a living selling guns. The guy standing next to him told me to leave that I had no business in their shop!!!!!!
I think a picket in front of their business would be in order!!!
Their phone number is (573) 443-3700 if you would want to let them know that open carry is legal in Missouri.
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/video.aspx?id=1095478#.VBMelUtEbfU

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I just got kicked out of Target Masters Gun Shop in Columbia. I went their open carrying and as soon as I opened the door I saw Jim Hill, the guy that give the interview on KRCG news yesterday.
I told Jim that a lot of people have worked very hard so that Missouri citizens can open carry state wide. We talked and he told me that open carry people like myself present a safety hazard to others by clogging the 911 system with people calling in scared of me walking around. At that point I told him he has no business earning a living selling guns. The guy standing next to him told me to leave that I had no business in their shop!!!!!!
I think a picket in front of their business would be in order!!!
Their phone number is (573) 443-3700 if you would want to let them know that open carry is legal in Missouri.
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/video.aspx?id=1095478#.VBMelUtEbfU

Sounds to me like you got kicked out for being insulting.

Jim Hill may be the world's biggest doofus, and mentally challenged about the 911 system becoming clogged with MWAG calls.

It seems that the guy standing next to him and I agree that it was socially inappropriate for you to tell him he "has no business earning a living selling guns". IMHO that is a poor way to discuss a disagreement on the issue of OCing, and now Mr. Hill and the guy standing next to him have "evidence" of OCers being boorish louts.

stay safe.

OC for ME

Mr. hill does not dscuss the issue of OC, his mind is set. Place his business on a boycott list and let the citizenry decide. Oh, use the term anti-liberty when referring to Mr. Hill.

HYRYSC

I just had to use Target Masters "contact us" form to ask some question of Mr. Hill. Below is what I wrote.

This is a question for Mr. Hill regarding his troubling stance on open carry.

In a television interview, Mr. Hill stated that if a person was open carrying and someone came in to rob the place, that they would be the first one targeted.
Now I am used to the anti-gun crowd using irrational emotional appeals, (we heard of blood running in the streets and shootouts over parking spaces if the CCW passed) but am shocked to see an apparently experienced firearms instructor stooping to such levels.

Does Mr. Hill have any facts to support this conclusion? If this were the case, I am certain that we would hear about it more on the news since open carry is already legal in many states (and was in Missouri actually before the passage of SB656, it was just restricted in some municipalities).

There is a particular story that does actually support the case that open carry can deter crime. If you are interested in actually looking at some facts, you can view it here.

http://www.examiner.com/article/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

There have been many folks that have worked tirelessly to help restore some of our eroding freedoms, the last thing that we need is someone that can be touted as an "expert" expounding on some unrealized fears and feeding the flames of those that would see us all subjects instead of citizens.

logunowner

I just had to use Target Masters "contact us" form to ask some question of Mr. Hill. Below is what I wrote.

This is a question for Mr. Hill regarding his troubling stance on open carry.

In a television interview, Mr. Hill stated that if a person was open carrying and someone came in to rob the place, that they would be the first one targeted.
Now I am used to the anti-gun crowd using irrational emotional appeals, (we heard of blood running in the streets and shootouts over parking spaces if the CCW passed) but am shocked to see an apparently experienced firearms instructor stooping to such levels.

Does Mr. Hill have any facts to support this conclusion? If this were the case, I am certain that we would hear about it more on the news since open carry is already legal in many states (and was in Missouri actually before the passage of SB656, it was just restricted in some municipalities).

There is a particular story that does actually support the case that open carry can deter crime. If you are interested in actually looking at some facts, you can view it here.

http://www.examiner.com/article/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw

There have been many folks that have worked tirelessly to help restore some of our eroding freedoms, the last thing that we need is someone that can be touted as an "expert" expounding on some unrealized fears and feeding the flames of those that would see us all subjects instead of citizens.

What you said to him in your message is very close to what I told him in person, except in my encounter when he starting telling me that I am a public safety risk because the 911 system in tied up with people calling in that I am carrying a weapon is when things went south real quick. I told him if he really believed that then he has no business selling guns and that is when I was asked to leave. Two of the most arrogant men I have met....period.

logunowner

Sounds to me like you got kicked out for being insulting.

Jim Hill may be the world's biggest doofus, and mentally challenged about the 911 system becoming clogged with MWAG calls.

It seems that the guy standing next to him and I agree that it was socially inappropriate for you to tell him he "has no business earning a living selling guns". IMHO that is a poor way to discuss a disagreement on the issue of OCing, and now Mr. Hill and the guy standing next to him have "evidence" of OCers being boorish louts.

stay safe.

You sir are another example of why we continue to struggle. I take the time to address a gun shop owner that has publicly bad mouthed open carry and you not even being there, suggest that I had no right to say what I did and that I hurt our cause.....wow!!!!!

Last edited:

solus

snip... QOUTE]

You logunowner, are due whatever criticism you received from skid, as well as this post...
1. you did not even identify your audience 'the guy...' who ordered you out of their store?
2. you do not even know if this person had the 'authority' to order you out yet, with tail between your legs, off you went!
3. you lost your temper and hurled insults at individuals who are your audience ~ one of whom you do not even know their organizational pecking order.

you're pouting and now want to organize a picket or phone or email campaign ~ this after you were caught on their store tape being thrown out of their shop for causing a disturbance...

honestly, a very very good plan right up i liken up there with OCT's plan for texas OC activities.

skid was kind, you seem to me to be a far worse influence for the cause than Mr. hill's BS about 911 channels being clogged from OC'g in the streets as you have shown how 'radical' local OC'ers are.

did you forget the influence these individuals have on their customer based audience of ccw trainee(s) and the war story they can now tell to this group about the OC'g individual who had to be ordered off the premises due to his disruptive actions.

unfortunately, you are precipitating the continuation and in some cases rekindling the struggle through your knee jerk reactions.

one final thought, while mr hill appears to be a dufas, could it be he picked an extremely ridiculous statement to promote in respond to the boss who states he will pick a position against OC and it is to be used as a publicity ploy ~ which worked by the way!

ipse

Last edited:

logunowner

snip... QOUTE]

You logunowner, are due whatever criticism you received from skid, as well as this post...
1. you did not even identify your audience 'the guy...' who ordered you out of their store?
2. you do not even know if this person had the 'authority' to order you out yet, with tail between your legs, off you went!
3. you lost your temper and hurled insults at individuals who are your audience ~ one of whom you do not even know their organizational pecking order.

you're pouting and now want to organize a picket or phone or email campaign ~ this after you were caught on their store tape being thrown out of their shop for causing a disturbance...

honestly, a very very good plan right up i liken up there with OCT's plan for texas OC activities.

skid was kind, you seem to me to be a far worse influence for the cause than Mr. hill's BS about 911 channels being clogged from OC'g in the streets as you have shown how 'radical' local OC'ers are.

did you forget the influence these individuals have on their customer based audience of ccw trainee(s) and the war story they can now tell to this group about the OC'g individual who had to be ordered off the premises due to his disruptive actions.

unfortunately, you are precipitating the continuation and in some cases rekindling the struggle through your knee jerk reactions.

one final thought, while mr hill appears to be a dufas, could it be he picked an extremely ridiculous statement to promote in respond to the boss who states he will pick a position against OC and it is to be used as a publicity ploy ~ which worked by the way!

ipse

Solus,

Certainly an interesting post, with your opinion speaking volumes of your need to jump to conclusions and insert propaganda to support a well known left leaning gun shop that places $$$ above the need to support legislation to someday make Missouri a constitutional carry state. I am proud of my actions and the actions of others that have acted as a result of my post. I carry a torch with a bright flame that I plan to carry until people such as yourself are defined only by your useless posts of trying to keep the $$$ in the hands of CCW shops and the instructors that work for them!!!

solus

Solus,
Certainly an interesting post, with your opinion speaking volumes of your need to jump to conclusions and insert propaganda to support a well known left leaning gun shop that places $$$ above the need to support legislation to someday make Missouri a constitutional carry state. I am proud of my actions and the actions of others that have acted as a result of my post. I carry a torch with a bright flame that I plan to carry until people such as yourself are defined only by your useless posts of trying to keep the $$$ in the hands of CCW shops and the instructors that work for them!!!

oh logunowner, i am quite sure your flame is quite bright as you wear your actions as a badge of honour all the while throwing the martyrdom rhetoric to anybody who will listen. of course, slinging the words to anybody, whether or not they can effect change in you reaching your ultimate goal is unimportant to you, the martyr as you fail to understand you need your message to reach the wheel and dealers not the lowly folk on the pecking order. so as you jump up going face to face with ppl and down getting 'thrown' out of establishments and then smugly stating to anybody who will listen, I have done my part...i have done my part! interestingly no forward progress is made on the tasking at hand.

unfortunately, due to your continuous disjointed apparently caustic approach, your cause gets so watered down' because you are now known as an argumentative, insulting, and overall unpleasant individual to deal with, as well as continually captured on establishment's security footage as being a troublemaker, until the message so dear to you and yours is completely ignored by everyone far and wide since they no longer even listen to what you are saying.

you are to be commended as it is great to be enthusiastic for a cause celebre, everyone should have one, but pushing your cause while not knowing your audience and being insulting to a business owner's pride and joy, will not advance your effort, therefore you will just become more and more frustrated leading to more and more angry commentary and ultimately your flame will extinguish.

ipse