• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Columbia gun store guy doesn't like SB656 passing

Firearms Iinstuctor

I have found over the years the most effective way to change any business.

That one was problems with is very simple don't spend any money with them.

Then tell every body that you know not to spend any money with them.

Lost of income can have a profound effect on a business.

logunowner

I guess a couple of you gentleman know more about the visit I had at the gun store than I do!!!!!.....Amazing.

When a gun shop owner utters absolute nonsense on a TV interview about how people that open carry in Columbia shut the entire 911 system down and that puts private citizens in harm's way, about a bill that the Legislature had just overrode the veto of the Governor and I'm in the area to address the moron, I will do it every time. In addition, every time the same moron tells me to my face that idiots like me that open carry cause the 911 system in Columbia to shut down and that safety of all the citizens of Columbia is affected, I would again tell the moron "You have no business reaping profits from gun owners of this state".

And when my wife and I have wrote letters, sent emails, talked to neighbors, attended rallies, and attended Senate and House hearing on the matter, I will continue to post of my experiences in the hope that at least one person will stop giving that gun shop their money!!!!

If my actions have caused harm to the open carry cause, it will just have to take the hit as I will continue in the manner I did and I will not think a thing about it!!! So Solus, so if I offended your two friends at the gun shop, it does not brother me one bit.....

I am moving on......

The antis deserve no coddling what so ever nor do they earn any sympathy. You go man. The man was repeating the liberal lies.

Last edited:

solus

I guess a couple of you gentleman know more about the visit I had at the gun store than I do!!!!!.....Amazing.
When a gun shop owner utters absolute nonsense on a TV interview about how people that open carry in Columbia shut the entire 911 system down and that puts private citizens in harm's way, about a bill that the Legislature had just overrode the veto of the Governor and I'm in the area to address the moron, I will do it every time. In addition, every time the same moron tells me to my face that idiots like me that open carry cause the 911 system in Columbia to shut down and that safety of all the citizens of Columbia is affected, I would again tell the moron "You have no business reaping profits from gun owners of this state".
And when my wife and I have wrote letters, sent emails, talked to neighbors, attended rallies, and attended Senate and House hearing on the matter, I will continue to post of my experiences in the hope that at least one person will stop giving that gun shop their money!!!!

If my actions have caused harm to the open carry cause, it will just have to take the hit as I will continue in the manner I did and I will not think a thing about it!!! So Solus, so if I offended your two friends at the gun shop, it does not b[/B]rother me one bit.....

I am moving on......

first we only know what your told us about 'your 'visit' to target masters and by your own admission it did not go well with being asked to leave by 'someone' after told the staff they didn't need to be in business because of how they thought about OC'ers.

second please refrain from putting you own meaning into my posts as you have erroneously construed the meaning of my words to indicate you had harmed anything ~ except perhaps your self perception of yourself, e.g., your ego!

third, logunowner, as i initially stated... you apparently do not even know your audience with whom you are engaging at the store with your harp'g...MR HILL, who did the news spot is not the organizational FFL of record for target masters! therefore, with minor leap of faith, he is not the owner of the target masters. like i indicated, you do not even know who the devil threw your butt out of the store, yet you fail to grasp that and wear it like a badge of honour!!

for the record, i have no affiliation whatsoever with target masters was pointing out to you some enhancements to your approach, since by your own post(s) what you are doing now is not succeeding.

but like i mentioned, you keep on your path, and try to keep your frustration level down before it gets the best of you like it did at target masters...it will also raise your blood pressure...

ipse

addendum: mr hill is listed as a FFL but at a different address!

Last edited:

Great Gazoo

first we only know what your told us about 'your 'visit' to target masters and by your own admission it did not go well with being asked to leave by 'someone' after told the staff they didn't need to be in business because of how they thought about OC'ers.

second please refrain from putting you own meaning into my posts as you have erroneously construed the meaning of my words to indicate you had harmed anything ~ except perhaps your self perception of yourself, e.g., your ego!

third, logunowner, as i initially stated... you apparently do not even know your audience with whom you are engaging at the store with your harp'g...MR HILL, who did the news spot is not the organizational FFL of record for target masters! therefore, with minor leap of faith, he is not the owner of the target masters. like i indicated, you do not even know who the devil threw your butt out of the store, yet you fail to grasp that and wear it like a badge of honour!!

for the record, i have no affiliation whatsoever with target masters was pointing out to you some enhancements to your approach, since by your own post(s) what you are doing now is not succeeding.

but like i mentioned, you keep on your path, and try to keep your frustration level down before it gets the best of you like it did at target masters...it will also raise your blood pressure...

ipse

addendum: mr hill is listed as a FFL but at a different address!

Why don't you go find some boots to lick.

OC for ME

If my actions have caused harm to the open carry cause, it will just have to take the hit as I will continue in the manner I did and I will not think a thing about it!!! So Solus, so if I offended your two friends at the gun shop, it does not brother me one bit.....

I am moving on......
Kicking sand in the face of the dude who'se sand box you were in...well what do you expect.

You are 100% correct in your position, yet you were 100% incorrect in your selection of a location to make your position known.

Trash talk the dude and his business, it is the American way. Remember, attach "anti-liberty" to the end of his name and place of business...I do.

SavageOne

Most of those types need to have subtitles under them while talking on camera. They would read like this: "holy crap! If everyone starts carrying openly, no one will attend my over priced CC only classes....boo..hoo..hoo..WHAH!"

Why would they stop attending his classes? SB 656 did not remove the ability of jurisdictions to ban OC. It simply added the bonus of statewide OC to those willing to aquire a state permission slip to CC. They will still be required to attend a class, like he offers, in order OC in jurisdictions that ban it now or in the future. Those who wish to exercise the rights enumerated in our state constitution will still be barred from doing so, statewide, if they choose not to aquire that permission slip. Sounds like the legislature just increased his pool of customers.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I don't see any mention of permission slips in Constitutional Amendment 5: "That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms, ammunition, and accessories typical to the normal function of such arms, in defense of his home, person, family and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned The rights guaranteed by this section shall be unalienable. Any restriction on these rights shall be subject to strict scrutiny and the state of Missouri shall be obligated to uphold these rights and shall under no circumstances decline to protect against their infringement. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent the general assembly from enacting general laws which limit the rights of convicted violent felons or those duly adjudged mentally infirm by a court of competent jurisdiction".

F350

i am sure target masters owner is extremely please to have their CCW instructor getting such wonderful press for their organization. http://www.targetmasters.net/about-us.php

apparently, mr hill is more concerned with public safety from citizens jamming the 911 system when they see an OpenCarrier on the streets as he states during his 15 minutes of fame:
quote:
Hill said, “In Columbia if somebody walks down the street carrying a firearm, 911 becomes overloaded. That is an issue for public safety. If people can’t get through for a real emergency because there are people who don’t understand the law and are uneducated, it just creates a hazard for the community. Plus, we discourage it because if you are walking around with open carry and somebody burglarizes are robs your place, you are going to be the first target.” unquote http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=1095478

ipse

Guess What? I use to live in Columbia MO, I openly carried every fricking day for about 2 years without a single problem. NEVER did I have LEO show up because someone called, I did have pleasant conversations with a couple LEO that I encountered in everyday kind of situations, had discussions with a number of citizens about Missouri gun laws (gee can I carry like that?) and how to get their CCW etc. Hell I even opencarried in Boone County Bank where I was told I was welcome at any branch and any other bank owned by the parent company.

Open carry in Missouri has been legal for many many years, in fact the ability to OC was used as a reason to defeat the CCW referendum in '98. The problem has been the laws allowed municipalities to ban OC so one had to study ordinances of cities one planned to visit to see if OC was banned (just recently a couple guys got in trouble in Cape Girardeau, one of the cities banning OC). The new law only allows CCW holders to OC in otherwise prohibited cities, nothing changed in most of the state, including Columbia.

And a further Guess What? I use to work at Target Masters!! The wife use to be a state legislator and after she was term limited out kinda hand picked her replacement and pulled strings behind the scenes to screw up the qualification requirements (required qualification with both auto and revolver) and then along with Hill tried to make everyone requalify. Jim Hill is an @hole of the first order and a total boob!!!

Last edited: