Thread: Springfield Mo. places that are no go OC

Springfield Mo. places that are no go OC

Hi all
    I just wanted to see if there are places in Springfield that are definite no go or have had issues with open carry. I don't go to Springfield often but when I do I want to have a better idea of where not to try, also would like to hear positives places that are very OC friendly

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    Hi all
    I just wanted to see if there are places in Springfield that are definite no go or have had issues with open carry. I don't go to Springfield often but when I do I want to have a better idea of where not to try, also would like to hear positives places that are very OC friendly
    Springfield is OC friendly. If a business is posted with no firearms, than I would follow that direction. In general, there are theories of how they can't, but then again, as controllers of their property, they can. Unless you want to be a test case for it, play it safe. If they ask you to leave, I'd leave. There are few Springfield PD who do not like OC, and have made it clear, although legal, they will wish you hadn't......sort of a threat.

As for retail, Bass Pro is fine, Academy is fine. Panera has recently said they 'ask' their customers to not bring firearms in the stores; I OC frequently there and know a few managers who hate this new 'policy'.

Hope this helps.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

I open carry everywhere I go in Springfield with NO problem. Very OC friendly. As Redbaron007 stated, if it's posted, I cover up with my shirt. If it's not posted, no problems at all.

Battlefield Mall may be posted on SOME entrances, but I'm not sure, as I always enter from Dillards.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebowhunts View Post
    I open carry everywhere I go in Springfield with NO problem. Very OC friendly. As Redbaron007 stated, if it's posted, I cover up with my shirt. If it's not posted, no problems at all.
    That's my STANDARD policy if I have to go into a posted business, IF ITS POSTED CORRECTLY....11x14 with at least 1 inch lettering.... MOST are not. On a side note, I have never been asked to leave a business that had a sign that wasn't legal, while open carrying in that business.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Why care about the size of the sign and lettering since they have no force of law? I'd rather deprive them off my dollars. That doesn't mean I won't tell them why I'm not spending money there of course.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BriKuz View Post
    Battlefield Mall may be posted on SOME entrances, but I'm not sure, as I always enter from Dillards.
    Battlefield Mall is supposedly posted as you drive onto the property (not sure that counts); the common area entrances are supposedly posted; however, the box stores with external entrances are not.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain