• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield Mo. places that are no go OC

greasemonkey

Hi all
I just wanted to see if there are places in Springfield that are definite no go or have had issues with open carry. I don't go to Springfield often but when I do I want to have a better idea of where not to try, also would like to hear positives places that are very OC friendly

Redbaron007

Hi all
I just wanted to see if there are places in Springfield that are definite no go or have had issues with open carry. I don't go to Springfield often but when I do I want to have a better idea of where not to try, also would like to hear positives places that are very OC friendly

Springfield is OC friendly. If a business is posted with no firearms, than I would follow that direction. In general, there are theories of how they can't, but then again, as controllers of their property, they can. Unless you want to be a test case for it, play it safe. If they ask you to leave, I'd leave. There are few Springfield PD who do not like OC, and have made it clear, although legal, they will wish you hadn't......sort of a threat. :mad:

As for retail, Bass Pro is fine, Academy is fine. Panera has recently said they 'ask' their customers to not bring firearms in the stores; I OC frequently there and know a few managers who hate this new 'policy'.

Hope this helps.

stevebowhunts

I open carry everywhere I go in Springfield with NO problem. Very OC friendly. As Redbaron007 stated, if it's posted, I cover up with my shirt. If it's not posted, no problems at all.

Richieg150

I open carry everywhere I go in Springfield with NO problem. Very OC friendly. As Redbaron007 stated, if it's posted, I cover up with my shirt. If it's not posted, no problems at all.

That's my STANDARD policy if I have to go into a posted business, IF ITS POSTED CORRECTLY....11x14 with at least 1 inch lettering.... MOST are not. On a side note, I have never been asked to leave a business that had a sign that wasn't legal, while open carrying in that business.

kcgunfan

Why care about the size of the sign and lettering since they have no force of law? I'd rather deprive them off my dollars. That doesn't mean I won't tell them why I'm not spending money there of course.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Redbaron007

Battlefield Mall may be posted on SOME entrances, but I'm not sure, as I always enter from Dillards.

Battlefield Mall is supposedly posted as you drive onto the property (not sure that counts); the common area entrances are supposedly posted; however, the box stores with external entrances are not. ;)