• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was just asked to leave Target Master Gun Shop in Columbia, Mo.

OC for ME

I really have a hard time believing this idea of 911 being flooded with MWAG calls to the detriment of the town's safety. Even if it were true, the proper response would be public service announcements to educate that it is not illegal and yadda yadda. I could be wrong but his reasoning seems disingenuous.
I do not disagree. It is the burden of CPD to educate the public, not a citizen exercising his right(s). That we educate in some manner via OC is incidental to the purpose of OCing.

Or, as my Grand Pappy used to say; "Ain't my problem they ain't got the sense to use the brain God gave-em." Goes for cops too.

Redbaron007

Sounds good to me. But, it is not the business that holds the offending opinion, it is Mr. Hill. Picketing the business serves no purpose on that front.

http://www.targetmasters.net/about-us.php

https://www.facebook.com/TargetMasters

Mr. Hill does not, apparently, speak for Target Masters. The OP has every right to his opinion. He has every right to express his opinion, even on private property. He accepted the consequences of expressing his opinion in Target Masters. Target Masters is not the source of the OP's ire, Mr. Hill is.

The OP did a whole lot of assuming and I even tossed him a bone in the post of mine you quote. The OP can do as he please, I will not join a hothead in his pursuit of satisfaction at the expense of a gun shop that does not seem to hold the same view of OC that Mr. Hill does.

This may be where we may part ways alittle.....In my view of the TV report; Mr Hill is an employee (could also be an owner/partner) of Target Masters, and is also listed with a FFL (not sure it is for TM). He made a public statement acting as a representative for Target Masters (he wasn't found on the street for a QA); therefore, one is to believe this would be Target Master's opinion, too. Now, TM has made a FB post to say they support the 2A and have never asked anyone to leave that was OCing. That is fine, although it doesn't get to the comments made by their representative. As we all know...saying we support the 2A doesn't mean the same thing to a lot of people...just ask the Brady Bunch. ;)

TM is in damage control....very similar to Pistols Plus at Osage Beach earlier this year when one of their owners stated they were against OCing. They took down their FB site and Website for a while. I will give TM kudos for not taking down or removing comments on the FB page.

Unless TM addresses the comments made by Mr Hill; then it stands to reason TM is against OCing, at least in their area.

solus

This may be where we may part ways alittle.....In my view of the TV report; Mr Hill is an employee (could also be an owner/partner) of Target Masters, and is also listed with a FFL (not sure it is for TM). He made a public statement acting as a representative for Target Masters (he wasn't found on the street for a QA); therefore, one is to believe this would be Target Master's opinion, too. Now, TM has made a FB post to say they support the 2A and have never asked anyone to leave that was OCing. That is fine, although it doesn't get to the comments made by their representative. As we all know...saying we support the 2A doesn't mean the same thing to a lot of people...just ask the Brady Bunch. ;)

TM is in damage control....very similar to Pistols Plus at Osage Beach earlier this year when one of their owners stated they were against OCing. They took down their FB site and Website for a while. I will give TM kudos for not taking down or removing comments on the FB page.

Unless TM addresses the comments made by Mr Hill; then it stands to reason TM is against OCing, at least in their area.

let me pop in a moment & make a quick comment, as i mentioned somewhere on this thread or the other the OP opened, Mr. Hill is not the FFL of record for the establishment in question but does hold an FFL for a different location.
ttyl

ipse

Redbaron007

let me pop in a moment & make a quick comment, as i mentioned somewhere on this thread or the other the OP opened, Mr. Hill is not the FFL of record for the establishment in question but does hold an FFL for a different location.
ttyl

ipse

No Pop needed....he is listed on the TM website as having an FFL......not sure it is for TM or just personal.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Agreed, they are in damage control. Mr. Hill says on TM's FB page that he is for OC, just not in Columbia. :rolleyes: But he has stated it as has TM. I mentioned their history and it seems current events have left they and their views on OC behind. If anything they seem to be elastic on this issue. Also, other folks posted that TM was not anti-OC but the veracity of those claims remains in question.

Now, will they put their money where their mouth is is the question.

Redbaron007

Agreed, they are in damage control. Mr. Hill says on TM's FB page that he is for OC, just not in Columbia. :rolleyes: But he has stated it as has TM. I mentioned their history and it seems current events have left they and their views on OC behind. If anything they seem to be elastic on this issue. Also, other folks posted that TM was not anti-OC but the veracity of those claims remains in question.

Now, will they put their money where their mouth is is the question.

I noticed some of the comments on their FB page indicated they were not against OC in their store; but TM themselves have not made the comment.

I agree, lets see if they do put their money where their mouth is. My bet...nope.....unless they throw Mr Hill under the bus, directly or even indirectly.

Who owns TM? I looked on the SOS site and their registration is expired.

Time will tell. :)

Last edited:

OC for ME

I noticed some of the comments on their FB page indicated they were not against OC in their store; but TM themselves have not made the comment.

I agree, lets see if they do put their money where their mouth is. My bet...nope.....unless they throw Mr Hill under the bus, directly or even indirectly.

Who owns TM? I looked on the SOS site and their registration is expired.

Time will tell. :)
The link to their FB page shows the below.

Target Masters of Columbia, Missouri - September 15

This is from the management. Target Masters has supported 2A for over 25 years and will continue to do so. We support your rights to carry open where it is legal if you choose to. Target Masters has never asked anyone to leave the store for open carry and we never will.
I am not defending TM, I remember 2011. But they have put out their their new/revised sentiment.

kcgunfan

What happened in 2011? I'm not sure why I don't remember, but I don't...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kcgunfan

Ahh yes, I did not make the connection.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Redbaron007

The link to their FB page shows the below.

I am not defending TM, I remember 2011. But they have put out their their new/revised sentiment.

Thank you sir....I stand corrected. Maybe my reading skills to be brushed up on! :p

Thanks again.