• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was just asked to leave Target Master Gun Shop in Columbia, Mo.

logunowner

I posted this to another post but I thought it was important enough that I post it again here.

I just got kicked out of Target Masters Gun Shop in Columbia. I went their open carrying and as soon as I opened the door I saw Jim Hill, the guy that give the interview on KRCG news yesterday.
I told Jim that a lot of people have worked very hard so that Missouri citizens can open carry state wide. We talked and he told me that open carry people like myself present a safety hazard to others by clogging the 911 system with people calling in scared of me walking around. At that point I told him he has no business earning a living selling guns. The guy standing next to him told me to leave that I had no business in their shop!!!!!!
I think a picket in front of their business would be in order!!!
Their phone number is (573) 443-3700 if you would want to let them know that open carry is legal in Missouri.
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/video.aspx?id=1095478#.VBMelUtEbfU

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So you insult the doofus and then get all upset that you got kicked out?

It does not sound like you got kicked out for OCing in the face of a guy who hates OC. It sounds like you got kicked out because you were verbally insulting.

stay safe.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Sorry to hear you got hassled.

It'd be interesting to see how many 911 calls are related to open carriers. I'm willing to bet there are a magnitude more calls related to barking dogs, or other noise complaints, than there are MWAG calls.

Slowmo

Sorry to hear you got hassled.

It'd be interesting to see how many 911 calls are related to open carriers. I'm willing to bet there are a magnitude more calls related to barking dogs, or other noise complaints, than there are MWAG calls.

I live in MO but work in OK. I never see anyone in Grove calling MWAG. Tennessee has the same type of permit and KY does not need a permit to OC! Why don't these idiots look at other states???!!!

I have seen a few people OC where I work. I always greet them. Though the guy carrying a 1911 with sweats and some kind of home made suspension was kind of weird. Was hoping he would not loose his pants!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...It does not sound like you got kicked out for OCing in the face of a guy who hates OC. It sounds like you got kicked out because you were verbally insulting...

As well as confirming to the idiotic ignoramus that he is right about open carriers looking for attention. Thanks.

solus

ya OP you left pouting on the other thread due to the deserved criticism leveled in your direction for your handling of the your encounter which you instigated by purposely visiting the store to pick a fight and insult those who consider the store near and dear in their hearts!

as i indicated, you were misinformed on the audience you leveled your tirade at and you still do not have a clue who threw your butt out of the store.

as i stated, you are wearing your foray as a badge of honour when in fact it was a dismal failure and accomplished nothing and now you are attempting to rally others to join you with a picket? really??

do what you professed you were going to do on the other thread...

ipse

logunowner

I have to think that some of you good folks don't mind being insulted yourselves....A man that works at a gun store goes on TV and calls all of us that open carry morons and you attack the man that had enough respect for his way of life to go address him.
Maybe unlike some of you I open carry my weapon because I feel it is the best way to protect my family and myself, yet if I approach a man that is threatening that way of life you think I am a whack-o and is hurting the cause.
You can think and say what you want, I will do the exactly the same thing if the same incident comes up again. I have no idea what you people are thinking, if we allow for this guy to continue to spew his crap in his gun shop and on TV we risk having more people agree with his nonsense.

So bad mouth if you want, but it is not going to change my mind or my actions!!!
I am done with the likes of some of people!!!

solus

who's bad mouth'd or insulting you?

some of us are pointing out your methodology of walking into a store and insulting the, oh wait, with the except of Mr Hill, you do not know who your audience was, and insulted the entire organizational's operation when in fact it was only Mr. Hill who made the pronouncement you are taking exception to.

however, you once again show, through your postings, your continued mentality to 'charge forward spewing insults' without determining who your audience is, thus once again showing the increase of your frustration as you try to justify your recent actions which got you thrown out of the facility.

so through your recent adventure, what did you change? did Mr. Hill agree he was wrong? did Mr. Hill go to the TV and retract his statement?

what Pray tell did you accomplish except, as mentioned: get thrown out of the shop by 'someone' while being recorded on their security cams; provide fodder about the 'OC'er who came in and insulted us so we had to throw him out' for Mr. Hill's and other instructor's classes; provide the same fodder for mr hill's future TV interviews this time with 'OC'er ranting and thrown out' video ~ news of the rant at 11!

live up to your state's unofficial motto Show me what you accomplished!

ipse

Primus

I have to think that some of you good folks don't mind being insulted yourselves....A man that works at a gun store goes on TV and calls all of us that open carry morons and you attack the man that had enough respect for his way of life to go address him.
Maybe unlike some of you I open carry my weapon because I feel it is the best way to protect my family and myself, yet if I approach a man that is threatening that way of life you think I am a whack-o and is hurting the cause.
You can think and say what you want, I will do the exactly the same thing if the same incident comes up again. I have no idea what you people are thinking, if we allow for this guy to continue to spew his crap in his gun shop and on TV we risk having more people agree with his nonsense.

So bad mouth if you want, but it is not going to change my mind or my actions!!!

Serious question.....

Do you think anything you did will stop this guy from "spew is crap on TV and in his gun shop"?

Sounds more like he may have a war story to spew on TV and in his shop....

"The other day this guy came into my store with a gun on his hip yelling about me being an idiot out of the blue! I think he was off his meds... See that's why they shouldn't carry guns!"

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Drytchnath

I have no idea what you people are thinking, if we allow for this guy to continue to spew his crap in his gun shop and on TV we risk having more people agree with his nonsense.

I am sure he is saying the exact same thing about you now, and you may have helped some of his coworkers and customers cross to his side of the aisle.

The only reponse to his 'nonsense' that will help the cause is seeing calm, respectable people giving valid arguements for OC. Nobody takes you seriously when you act the fool by tracking down someone at their place of work to try and dress them down in front of their boss, coworkers and customers.

You also have to remember 1A. He has every right to go on TV and say how he feels, perhaps in rebuttal you should have called the TV station and tried to make a statement as he did?

twoskinsonemanns

I have no problem with what you did. This dude basically leveled an attack on OCers and you took the opportunity to tell him off. It's your right. You don't owe anyone here an apology for it.
I'm not really sure why some people have taken this self-righteous condescending stance about the issue. If I met someone who called OCers morons I'd probably tell him to go blow a goat.
OCing is not some religion nor am I some ambassador for OCers. I am just a normal guy that happens to OC. A little tit for tat name calling is fine with me. :)

MontanaResident

I agree that the owner is confused as to what he should stand for in ownership and 2nd amendment rights. If he is so concerned about 911 Call Centers having to hire more personel, his gun shop customers might decide to walk before being ask to.

logunowner

I have no problem with what you did. This dude basically leveled an attack on OCers and you took the opportunity to tell him off. It's your right. You don't owe anyone here an apology for it.
I'm not really sure why some people have taken this self-righteous condescending stance about the issue. If I met someone who called OCers morons I'd probably tell him to go blow a goat.
OCing is not some religion nor am I some ambassador for OCers. I am just a normal guy that happens to OC. A little tit for tat name calling is fine with me. :)

Thank-you for your vote of confidence 2091024, as for others I totally disagree. I would put some credence in what some of you say if this post was on a Newspaper forum, but the last time I looked I made my post to an Open Carry forum, which I would think it's members would want to promote and protect the right of citizens to open carry state wide!!!! Some of you act like I entered the place with guns blazing, then there is one that thought I should write my post as if it was being used by the police in a murder investigation. Chastising me not providing this and that, leaving out what he thought was crucial information so he ragged me for three days. I made a post if you don't like it, provide your concerns in a civil manner and move on, get a life please!!!!

Again, I still strongly support my handling of the situation, I will leave it to the rest of you to play on the playground with kids gloves, hoping no one gets their feelings hurt. I am fighting for a Constitutional Right and if a gun store says what he did on TV, I will address that issue in my way and not worry about what a small number of people who post on a Open Carry forum think while they bad mouth a fellow member! I once thought that members of this forum were on here seeking a common goal, but with the negativity shown to my posts because you think two guys in a gun shop got their feelings hurt, I was soooo wrong!!! The truth is I never gave it a thought that I might hurt their feelings when I entered the gun store, as with 2091024 some members will agree me, that this issue is above hurt feeling. I don't I think I was disrespectful at all, I voiced my concerns and they asked me to leave which I did...yet, some of you have figured out some how that I was disrespectful....without even being there, you people need help!!!. I think those of you that say I was disrespectful for entering a man's business and letting him know that because he makes a living selling guns he should show us more respect by not lying about our activities ion TV.!!! , I cry foul!!! I have lived though too much to let any man do that to me whether it be in a business that he expects the public to enter or on a public sidewalk. There is a big difference between a man's home and a man's business and some of you have no idea of the difference.....

I am moving on, I was early but I wanted to thank 2091024 for his support in a post that has clearly been a dropping ground of negativity. I would say that if we were all seeking a common goal, 3/4 of these comments would not have showed up....

solus

of course you feel you didn't do anything inappropriate, that has been your mantra and badge of honour since you initially posted in two threads. i find it quite interesting you felt the perceived criticism of your actions was expressed through member negativity yet you have failed to recognize your own actions in the business also constitutes negativity.

as you depart, why the failure to respond to member query(ies) from the last several posts?

wear your badge well, with the hope you realize it is significantly tarnished and truly wasn't earned since you didn't accomplishing anything of import from your adventure.

ipse

The Truth

It is the little things in life...... I just found the ignore list.

Your stay will be a lot better that way. Some people on this forum enjoy condescension and shaming rather than teaching and leveling with people. No point in reading their garbage.

That being said, you should try to be more tactful in the future. Other than that, who cares? You can still communicate displeasure without being an ignoramus. One guy doesn't represent all of "us." I'm also not afraid of a freakin' gun store owner who is clearly just a business man and says what he needs to say to sell more product.

It seems like OP's right to free speech is being viewed in the same light as an OCers right to OC according to this business owner. Some people are born enlisted soldiers, some people are born officers. Everyone serves their purpose. No need to shame the guy for speaking his mind about something he's passionate about.

Last edited: