• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was just asked to leave Target Master Gun Shop in Columbia, Mo.

Primus

It is troublesome. I no longer see walkinwolf posts either. I am just glad I was never in a foxhole with either walkingwolf or sonus.

Holy crap.... First post you haven't screamed every line....!!!!!!!!

Ignore feature is a terrible thing. Its akin to sticking fingers in ears and yelling " I cant hear you!!!! Nanananananananananannnnnaaaa!!! "

I certainly dont get along with ww as much as I love him and he loves me, yet I refuse to put him on ignore. I'm still patiently waiting for him to drop the nugget of wisdom. (Love you ww)

:p

If you can't handle criticism or debate guys who are actually on your side how can you handle an actually anti?

Last thought.... Said this before and l say it again.

Only a fool surrounds himself by like minded individuals while blocking out anyone with an opposing view. You're sure to go down in flames together because there was no one present to ever tell you you're doing/saying something dumb....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

twoskinsonemanns

It is troublesome. I no longer see walkinwolf posts either. I am just glad I was never in a foxhole with either walkingwolf or sonus.

Honestly I've been reading WW posts for... I guess a few years now...and I agreed with what he says in the high 90%s. He has displayed a few times the wish to be able to deal with wrong doers with violence but I've never known him to act this way toward other OCers. It's truly weird. I wouldn't ignore him... he has good stuff normally.

solus

primus, reminds me of anderson's story about an emperor and his wardrobe...and the ppl who surrounded the emperor...

ipse

solus

congratulations on your CC avocation success for your tenacity and garnering support for your CC cause...but did you use the vulgarities you purport here on the organization's facebook page or is this bravado for our benefit?

now tell me again about what the OP succeeded in accomplishing?

ipse

Last edited:

logunowner

Holy crap.... First post you haven't screamed every line....!!!!!!!!

Ignore feature is a terrible thing. Its akin to sticking fingers in ears and yelling " I cant hear you!!!! Nanananananananananannnnnaaaa!!! "

I certainly dont get along with ww as much as I love him and he loves me, yet I refuse to put him on ignore. I'm still patiently waiting for him to drop the nugget of wisdom. (Love you ww)

:p

If you can't handle criticism or debate guys who are actually on your side how can you handle an actually anti?

Last thought.... Said this before and l say it again.

Only a fool surrounds himself by like minded individuals while blocking out anyone with an opposing view. You're sure to go down in flames together because there was no one present to ever tell you you're doing/saying something dumb....

I could not chose my foxhole buddies but I can certainly entitled to chose who I respect in an arena of debating a open carry topic. I do not mind and enjoy differing opinion but when their opinion is shoved down my throat time and time again I will not show them the respect that others have earned on this forum. My goodness one guy thought I was nuts because I added a !!!! at the end of a comment.
If these are the people you respect, that is your right...enjoy them!!! And yes I added the awful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Primus

I could not chose my foxhole buddies but I can certainly entitled to chose who I respect in an arena of debating a open carry topic. I do not mind and enjoy differing opinion but when their opinion is shoved down my throat time and time again I will not show them the respect that others have earned on this forum. My goodness one guy thought I was nuts because I added a !!!! at the end of a comment.
If these are the people you respect, that is your right...enjoy them!!! And yes I added the awful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said you had to respect anyone. Just saying you shouldn't necessarily ignore them. You can actively hate them. Just don't stick your fingers in your ears and your tongue out.

Quite frankly respect has little to do with it.

twoskinsonemanns

Also what he was trying to accomplish is obvious even for the least intelligent among us. He wanted to tell this member of the gun community that OCing is not the sin he makes it out to be. The OP does not need to PROVE to you he made some great stride in 2A rights to justify it. I feel god damn sorry for this guy who looked to OCDO for support in making a stand against someone WHO ATTACK OCers and got the stink eye for his trouble.

congratulations on your CC avocation success for your tenacity and garnering support for your CC cause...but did you use the vulgarities you purport here on the organization's facebook page or is this bravado for our benefit?

now tell me again about what the OP succeeded in accomplishing?

ipse

My explanation was not clear. It was not a CC cause. It was an armed cause. Though the signs themselves spoke of concealed carry, the practical policy enforced was no loaded firearms. Customers obviously COULD have CC without the policy coming into effect since it would not be known... concealed and all.
Since I OC'd the policy came under scrutiny.

Also since you simply repeated your blah blah about what did the OP accomplish I just C&P my last response above.

twoskinsonemanns

I never said you had to respect anyone. Just saying you shouldn't necessarily ignore them. You can actively hate them. Just don't stick your fingers in your ears and your tongue out.

It's a good point. Though I despise Primus's constant need to textually falatio pigs in blue I have not ignored him. :)

logunowner

In my world respect has everything to do with it, it does now and I hope my kids and grandkids will know that respect is how my and theirs world should revolve. I once brought a house on a handshake because both parties respected each other. New topic Primus...respect is everything!!!!

Primus

In my world respect has everything to do with it, it does now and I hope my kids and grandkids will know that respect is how my and theirs world should revolve. I once brought a house on a handshake because both parties respected each other. New topic Primus...respect is everything!!!!

You missed the point.. But ok. Its your world brother.

logunowner

You missed the point.. But ok. Its your world brother.

I don't think I missed the point brother. The rest of the open carry world is reading the post I posted and I have to think more than half of them are saying why am I being criticized for walking into a left leaning gun shop that has in the past has tried to stop legislation that supported open carry and you think I missed the point!! I am ready for you to join the rest of them if you can't explain to me why I should not address a left leaning gun shop to explain themselves.

austin316bs

Here is my assessment/understanding of the situation.

Mr. Hill makes a valid point about 911 being swamped with calls about someone open carrying and the possible scenario that it might prevent real emergencies from getting the much needed response.
Then logunowner retorts back with a mildly derisive statement regarding Mr. Hill's occupation that he has "no business with". lol.
After making this statement logunowner is prompted to leave the store.
Then logunowner makes thread on this forum about the encounter.
Thus the discussion is born.

So, where do I begin? I think Mr. Hill makes a valid point about 911 being flooded with calls due to what he said about people not understanding or being educated about the law. But he mentions the whole problem in his statement....being uninformed. I would like to believe that as time passes people will be more aware of the new open carry law and now that it is statewide we will have more people choosing to exercise their right to open carry and those 911 calls will naturally decrease as it becomes more commonplace. And after it becomes practiced by more people and is widely accepted maybe Mr. Hill will withdraw his concerns about the issue and will relax his discouragement of it. Tactically speaking he said he discourages it because you become a first target in the event of a burglary or whatnot, I mean I think that is a valid point but that's the sad world we live in, scenarios like that will happen and do happen and you can only chalk it up to misfortune when it does happen. The world is not perfect.

However, I think logunowner's comment might have been uncalled-for or maybe inappropriate but I do commend him for standing up for himself, whether right or wrong. Obviously the situation could've been avoided but what can you do? What has happened has happened, so let's figure out where to go from here. I also commend Mr. Hill for standing up for his belief, whether right or wrong.

Let's not lose sight of the big picture, making open-carry not just legal, but preserving our natural God-given right to self-defense.

So, I'm imploring all of us to work together and unite for the common good. What I see is unnecessary division that should not even exist. I am optimistic that open-carry will work if we continue to educate, continue to exercise that right, continue to defend that right as well.

My intention isn't to take sides but to try to find some common ground here.

So in closing, let us remember the Lord Jesus Christ in this matter.

solus

twoskinsonemanns, et al., why, oh why, (since now religion has been introduced to the thread) PRAY tell, is it so difficult to answer a question when it is posed to you.

twoskinsonemanns,
1. did you use vulgarity on facebook posts in your quest to resolve the CC'g issue at your neighbourhood shooting range?
2. what did logunowner accomplish through his actions?

(side bar: here is what logunowner said in his initial post on the other thread: quote Just watched KRCG (TV station)out of Jeff City. They interviewed a guy named Jim Hill, identified as a firearm instructor that was working at a gun store in Columbia. He was totally against the passage of SB656! Said that people that open carry are stupid, causing problems with the police in Columbia, and of course will be the first killed at a 7-11 store robbery...... What a moron! unquote

now go look at what Mr. Hill actually said in his interview both written and video is provided: http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/politics/story.aspx?id=1095478

3. please tell me where Mr. Hill stated any of what logunowner stated?

since my SA traits regarding my reaction of an armed individual within conversation distance from me who is beginning to exhibit signs of agitation by verbally berating my business have been called into question: http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/video/005339_the-5-ws-of-personal-defense/

how you can call that anti anything is beyond me.

Allāhu Akbar
ipse

addendum...are you celebrating your event with a party ?

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Sort of, ain't it.

To me, anyway, this is more a private property issue.

Not sure why folks believe they can go onto someone else's property and talk smack. Believe the owner must stand there and take the smacking, and when the owner don't the smacker then gets all bent outta shape when he gets kicked out for talking smack to a dude who ain't gunna take no smack.

Hill, and his opinion, is not a unknown entity in this state. The CC Industrial Complex is strong with him. Remember, constitutional carry is the death knell of the CC Industrial Complex..or so the chose to believe.

I agree, it is a private property issue....but it's inviting the public to enter to conduct business....which changes the parties to a certain extent. There are some legal arguments that say when your open your private property up for public consumption, you then reduce your private property argument; however, others have said, there is no difference except the expectation the person has entering the premises. I'm not sure there is an absolute answer......I think it will be a case by case decision.

logunowner entered a business, that he may or may not have patronized in the past, and expressed his displeasure towards the business's public stance on an issue. If he was rude, so be it. Being rude is left up to the interpretation of the recipient and bystanders. I don't think what he did was 'wrong'. Would I have said it differently, maybe; but doesn't make me more right or less right. He didn't violate any laws and when asked to leave, he did. Past this, it is strictly a person's own opinion....

OC for ME

I agree, it is a private property issue....but it's inviting the public to enter to conduct business....which changes the parties to a certain extent. There are some legal arguments that say when your open your private property up for public consumption, you then reduce your private property argument; however, others have said, there is no difference except the expectation the person has entering the premises. I'm not sure there is an absolute answer......I think it will be a case by case decision.

logunowner entered a business, that he may or may not have patronized in the past, and expressed his displeasure towards the business's public stance on an issue. If he was rude, so be it. Being rude is left up to the interpretation of the recipient and bystanders. I don't think what he did was 'wrong'. Would I have said it differently, maybe; but doesn't make me more right or less right. He didn't violate any laws and when asked to leave, he did. Past this, it is strictly a person's own opinion....
Sounds good to me. But, it is not the business that holds the offending opinion, it is Mr. Hill. Picketing the business serves no purpose on that front.

http://www.targetmasters.net/about-us.php

https://www.facebook.com/TargetMasters

Mr. Hill does not, apparently, speak for Target Masters. The OP has every right to his opinion. He has every right to express his opinion, even on private property. He accepted the consequences of expressing his opinion in Target Masters. Target Masters is not the source of the OP's ire, Mr. Hill is.

The OP did a whole lot of assuming and I even tossed him a bone in the post of mine you quote. The OP can do as he please, I will not join a hothead in his pursuit of satisfaction at the expense of a gun shop that does not seem to hold the same view of OC that Mr. Hill does.

WalkingWolf

This is from the management. Target Masters has supported 2A for over 25 years and will continue to do so. We support your rights to carry open where it is legal if you choose to. Target Masters has never asked anyone to leave the store for open carry and we never will.

It would appear that OP was asked to leave because of his behavior, not open carry.

OC for ME

This is from the management. Target Masters has supported 2A for over 25 years and will continue to do so. We support your rights to carry open where it is legal if you choose to. Target Masters has never asked anyone to leave the store for open carry and we never will.

It would appear that OP was asked to leave because of his behavior, not open carry.
Mr. Hill posted on the Target Masters' Facebook page that he supports OC except in his home town cuz of the college student body make-up. Too many liberals will call and glogged the 911 system the dispatch a cop to investigate. Mr. Hill is only concerned for the safety and well being of his town...rights be danged. (I added that last bit)

I did take a little literary license by summarizing his several posts on the Facebook page. While Mr. Hill and his justification may seem reasonable, it is counter to his support of OC. He either supports the right to carry as the citizen sees fit or he does not. He does not support OC in his town...he does not support OC.

solus

OC4ME, thanks for opening up the FB side of the discussion, since i flat out refuse to participate in the social media exercise i am unable to ascertain that side of the commentary. it presented an excellent perspective so it was much appreciated...

i shall retire from this discussion...

ipse

Last edited:

OC for ME

OC4ME, thanks for opening up the FB side of the discussion, since i flat out refuse to participate in the social media exercise i am unable to ascertain that side of the commentary. it presented an excellent perspective so it was much appreciated...

i shall retire from this discussion...

ipse
NP

twoskinsonemanns

Mr. Hill posted on the Target Masters' Facebook page that he supports OC except in his home town cuz of the college student body make-up. Too many liberals will call and glogged the 911 system the dispatch a cop to investigate. Mr. Hill is only concerned for the safety and well being of his town...rights be danged. (I added that last bit)

I did take a little literary license by summarizing his several posts on the Facebook page. While Mr. Hill and his justification may seem reasonable, it is counter to his support of OC. He either supports the right to carry as the citizen sees fit or he does not. He does not support OC in his town...he does not support OC.

I really have a hard time believing this idea of 911 being flooded with MWAG calls to the detriment of the town's safety. Even if it were true, the proper response would be public service announcements to educate that it is not illegal and yadda yadda. I could be wrong but his reasoning seems disingenuous.