• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was just asked to leave Target Master Gun Shop in Columbia, Mo.

Maverick9

Help, beam me Scotty, there is no common sense left on this planet!!!

Sorry, man, I have to agree with WW, your confrontational method leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps if you had said those things privately and in a polite mode, it would be different.

The best way to confront or change people like that store owner is to take your dollar elsewhere and hope he sees the light. You can't change anyone by being in their face (if you were).

So let me ask you, do you think your words could have made him re-think his position? If so, then maybe you didn't do anything that wrong. But if you alienated him, you made life rough for others who wish to demonstrate their 2A rights.

Which is it? Did your words have a good intent, a positive outcome? If not, change your method and manner if not your idea. It doesn't matter if you had a right to complain. Best to try to make a friend even if you disagree on certain matters.

logunowner

Sorry, man, I have to agree with WW, your confrontational method leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps if you had said those things privately and in a polite mode, it would be different.

The best way to confront or change people like that store owner is to take your dollar elsewhere and hope he sees the light. You can't change anyone by being in their face (if you were).

So let me ask you, do you think your words could have made him re-think his position? If so, then maybe you didn't do anything that wrong. But if you alienated him, you made life rough for others who wish to demonstrate their 2A rights.

Which is it? Did your words have a good intent, a positive outcome? If not, change your method and manner if not your idea. It doesn't matter if you had a right to complain. Best to try to make a friend even if you disagree on certain matters.

Thank you for a respectful post, but I have come to the point that this is really become a headache. I don't have the strength to go another round....

twoskinsonemanns

You went in there for a confrontation WITH A GUN!

Your repeated implication that the fact that he was carrying some how punctuated his actions and verbiage with aggression is extremely disturbing coming from someone on this site... Very very anti-2A of you.
Not brandishing or anything. Just the fact that the firearm was on his person somehow is VERY significant for you in respect to his complaint. I certainly would not have believed you felt that way before this thread.

Primus

Thank you for a respectful post, but I have come to the point that this is really become a headache. I don't have the strength to go another round....

That's why you won't win the fight. Throwing in the towel at round 3.

Could probably conserve energy by not yelling so much. Slow steady breaths my friend.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

solus

logunowner; snip... [B said:
I am moving on[/B], I was early but I wanted to thank 2091024 for his support in a post that has clearly been a dropping ground of negativity. I would say that if we were all seeking a common goal, 3/4 of these comments would not have showed up....

I surely wish it were so...hasn't the weight of your perceived martyrdom caused you to collapse?

i am disappointed you have not answered my query about what your activity accomplished?

did you discern who ordered you out of the store?

ipse

Last edited:

logunowner

Your repeated implication that the fact that he was carrying some how punctuated his actions and verbiage with aggression is extremely disturbing coming from someone on this site... Very very anti-2A of you.
Not brandishing or anything. Just the fact that the firearm was on his person somehow is VERY significant for you in respect to his complaint. I certainly would not have believed you felt that way before this thread.

Thank-you
Sometimes a person's true colors are shown when fighting a battle not to win but to show superiority in a arena he considers his!!!

twoskinsonemanns

It's not strawman, act like a ass, get thrown off the property. Don't move fast enough, I will move you. Have a gun and act like an ass and I will defend myself and mine.

It is not a strawman that there are NO 1st amendment rights on private property, I hope Grape will help clear that up with me.

Verbally assault a person on their property with a gun in most states it is legal to use deadly force in defense of that property. There are no castle laws that protect a intruder on the property that I know of.

What the OP did was stupid, and it was a good thing he left before he got legally shot.

I had this happen on Big Pine Key, came home to catch a young man crawling out one of my windows. I confronted him and told him "You better run". He stood there in defiance, I shattered his jaw. The parents complained to the sheriff and they were told they were lucky I did not shoot him.

Thank-you
Sometimes a person's true colors are shown when fighting a battle not to win but to show superiority in a arena he considers his!!!

Your welcome... though I take no joy in it whatsoever. The anti-2A's claim that a person simply openly carry a gun is a threat... pains me to see he agrees with the premise. Just that fact that a person is armed when being rude to him represents a threat.... so damn sad.

solus

Thank-you

logunowner, you certainly are following your own advice...

twoskinsonemanns, why on earth do you feel WW's commentary is out of bounds? could you point out the specific part that caused you to take exception?
1. by his own admission, logunowner was on private property carrying an OC firearm
2. by his own admission logunowner was verbally insulting to a staff member who had previously provided commentary to a third party under their 1A rights
3. by his own admission, logunowner was thrown off said private property by someone who, by his own admission, he has no earthly idea who it was

WW's scenario could go down exactly the way he portrayed because i'm sorry to say, personally, if out of the blue some nut case walks into my gun store with a gun on and starts verbally berating me about what I said during a TV interview and then begins getting verbally insulting, my SA tells me to become very cautious and concerned about the NUT case standing in front of me all the while worrying if the nut case is about to escalate the situation into violence.

btw twoskinsonemanns, i certainly hope you noticed logunowner has consistently failed to respond to anybody's request to provide what he accomplished by visiting the gun store, except his own flogging of his ego under the guise of his personal quest for the Holy Grail.and subsequent martyrdom.

ipse

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

twoskinsonemanns, why on earth do you feel WW's commentary is out of bounds?

WW's scenario could go down exactly the way he portrayed because i'm sorry to say, personally, if out of the blue some nut case walks into my gun store with a gun on and starts verbally berating me about what I said during a TV interview and then begins getting verbally insulting, my SA tells me to become very cautious and concerned about the NUT case standing in front of me all the while worrying if the nut case is about to escalate the situation into violence.

btw twoskinsonemanns, i certainly hope you noticed logunowner has consistently failed to respond to anybody's request to provide what he accomplished by visiting the gun store, except his own flogging of his ego under the guise of his personal quest for the Holy Grail.and subsequent martyrdom.

ipse

For the same reason I condemn what you did in this post. The OP did not "verbally berate" the anti. He went into his establishment to tell him he disagreed with his attack on OCers.
You guys want to make him out to be QUOTE "some nut case...with a gun". (Very good libtard anti-2A impersonation)
But the truth is he is just a guy that wanted to let this business owner know.... "Hey. What you said about OCer's what BS. You should be ashamed".
The fact that he was carrying at the time is EXTREMELY inconsequential and it's offensive to me to see you guys imply that because he was carrying somehow made it different or more substantial.
You both make a very good case for the antis that support MWAG stops. After all it doesn't matter what your doing... your DOING IT WITH A GUN!! Somehow because he was carrying it's some kind of action multiplier. It's a disgraceful position to take.

Also what he was trying to accomplish is obvious even for the least intelligent among us. He wanted to tell this member of the gun community that OCing is not the sin he makes it out to be. The OP does not need to PROVE to you he made some great stride in 2A rights to justify it. I feel god damn sorry for this guy who looked to OCDO for support in making a stand against someone WHO ATTACK OCers and got the stink eye for his trouble.

WalkingWolf

There are responsibilities when carrying a gun, whether some like it or not. And one those is not to alarm others that their intentions may be of a violent nature.

1st and 2nd amendment do not give anybody the right to act like an ass with a gun. That is why many people carry guns is because there are dangerous asses out there. As far as anti, the OP gave gun control advocates and CC only advocates more ammunition. Let's pray those nut cases/MDA do not find out about this incident.

logunowner

For the same reason I condemn what you did in this post. The OP did not "verbally berate" the anti. He went into his establishment to tell him he disagreed with his attack on OCers.
You guys want to make him out to be QUOTE "some nut case...with a gun". (Very good libtard anti-2A impersonation)
But the truth is he is just a guy that wanted to let this business owner know.... "Hey. What you said about OCer's what BS. You should be ashamed".
The fact that he was carrying at the time is EXTREMELY inconsequential and it's offensive to me to see you guys imply that because he was carrying somehow made it different or more substantial.
You both make a very good case for the antis that support MWAG stops. After all it doesn't matter what your doing... your DOING IT WITH A GUN!! Somehow because he was carrying it's some kind of action multiplier. It's a disgraceful position to take.

Also what he was trying to accomplish is obvious even for the least intelligent among us. He wanted to tell this member of the gun community that OCing is not the sin he makes it out to be. The OP does not need to PROVE to you he made some great stride in 2A rights to justify it. I feel god damn sorry for this guy who looked to OCDO for support in making a stand against someone WHO ATTACK OCers and got the stink eye for his trouble.

Thank-you again twoskinsomermanns(2091508) Your post was right on! I no longer see Solus or what every his handle is posts. I open carry my pistol every where I go. I have never thought that what I believe or what I say should be influenced by wearing a firearm. If I every thought such a thing it would be time to hang it up!! I have lost some respect for what has happened on this post but at the same time learning that those that support open carry can have a totally opinion of how to increase and support that we have!!!

Thanks again!!

WalkingWolf

Thank-you again twoskinsomermanns(2091508) Your post was right on! I no longer see Solus or what every his handle is posts. I open carry my pistol every where I go. I have never thought that what I believe or what I say should be influenced by wearing a firearm. If I every thought such a thing it would be time to hang it up!! I have lost some respect for what has happened on this post but at the same time learning that those that support open carry can have a totally opinion of how to increase and support that we have!!!

Thanks again!!

It's time for you to hang it up if you really believe you do not have to act like a responsible adult carrying a gun.

logunowner

There are responsibilities when carrying a gun, whether some like it or not. And one those is not to alarm others that their intentions may be of a violent nature.

1st and 2nd amendment do not give anybody the right to act like an ass with a gun. That is why many people carry guns is because there are dangerous asses out there. As far as anti, the OP gave gun control advocates and CC only advocates more ammunition. Let's pray those nut cases/MDA do not find out about this incident.

WalkingWolf, I am to the point in this post that I agree you are entitled to your opinion as weird as it is!!! Again, thank goodness I don't need to see more of your nonsense thanks to thoughtfulness of our Admin.

solus

I posted this to another post but I thought it was important enough that I post it again here.

I just got kicked out of Target Masters Gun Shop in Columbia. I went their open carrying and as soon as I opened the door I saw Jim Hill, the guy that give the interview on KRCG news yesterday.
I told Jim that a lot of people have worked very hard so that Missouri citizens can open carry state wide. We talked and he told me that open carry people like myself present a safety hazard to others by clogging the 911 system with people calling in scared of me walking around. At that point I told him he has no business earning a living selling guns. The guy standing next to him told me to leave that I had no business in their shop!!!!!!
snip...

twoskinsonemanns..here is what logunowner initially posted not once on this forum, but twice and he got criticized both places ...

the bolded sentence is the OP's own words on both threads...IMHO that statement truly falls under verbally berating someone on their own private property.

the OP didn't do a darn thing to advance the 2A cause you are waving the flag for any more than those who carry LG's and challenge LE while making and posting videos on the internet, eating establishments, etc. this statement has been proven over the course of the year by national businesses coming out and publicly making a stand firearms aren't welcome.

my contention w/asking the OP what he accomplished, and he has failed to answer, what did his tirade advance, except convince and provide Mr. Hill, et al., with fodder for the classes he teaches to the citizens of the community as well to be used for the next TV interview.

so perhaps you can tell me, in lieu of logunowner, what did his actions of getting trhown out of a private business after being verbally abusive while in the store accomplish for your precious cause?

my commentary in my last post, is based on my personal risk assessment of having someone walking into my presence on private property carrying a firearm, getting verbally abusive towards me. my situational awareness would cause me to posture ~ oh wait, Mr. Hill didn't throw logunowner out, another, as yet unidentified person did, perhaps their situational awareness caused them to posture by the OP's action(s) and tone of voice and, by the OP's account, threw him out.

to correct some of your misrepresentation in your last post:
i missed the op using the word ashamed, or in fact the other words you attribute to logunowner.
it is not Mr. Hill's establishment!
he cant tell us what he was trying to do because with the exception of Mr. Hill, he can't even identify the players in the store.

as stated, he attempted to garner empathy with his woe is me, i tried and sniff, didn't go a thing except get thrown out, so i am going to wear a badge of honour with distinction which he hasn't earned and actually failed miserably in his efforts since it didn't accomplish anything for 'the cause'. did it?

ipse

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Thanks again!!

Your welcome mate.
I never knew it about walkingwolf that he believes carrying is something special and automatically adds aggression to whatever a person happens to be doing. Very worrisome. In any case it's a good view port into how the anti's see us. Definitely something to take note of.
Every once in a great blue moon I have felt the need to be brisk or even stern with strangers in public. It's noteworthy to know people like him see the gun as an active threat even if ignored in the holster.

solus

wow, what openmindess you are showing logunowner...i will put you on ignore so i can continue to be right...

ok, head buried in the sand...

ipse

logunowner

Your welcome mate.
I never knew it about walkingwolf that he believes carrying is something special and automatically adds aggression to whatever a person happens to be doing. Very worrisome. In any case it's a good view port into how the anti's see us. Definitely something to take note of.
Every once in a great blue moon I have felt the need to be brisk or even stern with strangers in public. It's noteworthy to know people like him see the gun as an active threat even if ignored in the holster.

It is troublesome. I no longer see walkinwolf posts either. I am just glad I was never in a foxhole with either walkingwolf or sonus.

twoskinsonemanns

verbally berating .............verbally abusive
ipse

These personal attacks have no basis. I simply cannot make a sensible argument against wild accusation you fabricate without anything to support them.

He went into a business that publicly attacked citizens who open carry and told him that in his opinion (my paraphrase) he was a hypocrite for selling guns but condemning those that OC them.
From an anti-2A I could at least understand this sort of treatment.... but from proclaimed OCers I'm baffled.

But hey I could honestly give two squirts, you can lump me in with the verbally berating and verbally abusive bunch if you like. There is a gun range less than 3 miles from my house that had a NO CONCEALED FIREARMS policy in their gun shop and no concealed firearms allowed on their gun range. I talked to the owner and also posted on their facebook page repeatedly about how ****** it was. You can call me whatever you like but many folks agreed with me and they changed their policy.