• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was just asked to leave Target Master Gun Shop in Columbia, Mo.

Primus

Thank-you for your vote of confidence 2091024, as for others I totally disagree. I would put some credence in what some of you say if this post was on a Newspaper forum, but the last time I looked I made my post to an Open Carry forum, which I would think it's members would want to promote and protect the right of citizens to open carry state wide!!!! Some of you act like I entered the place with guns blazing, then there is one that thought I should write my post as if it was being used by the police in a murder investigation. Chastising me not providing this and that, leaving out what he thought was crucial information so he ragged me for three days. I made a post if you don't like it, provide your concerns in a civil manner and move on, get a life please!!!!

Again, I still strongly support my handling of the situation, I will leave it to the rest of you to play on the playground with kids gloves, hoping no one gets their feelings hurt. I am fighting for a Constitutional Right and if a gun store says what he did on TV, I will address that issue in my way and not worry about what a small number of people who post on a Open Carry forum think while they bad mouth a fellow member! I once thought that members of this forum were on here seeking a common goal, but with the negativity shown to my posts because you think two guys in a gun shop got their feelings hurt, I was soooo wrong!!! The truth is I never gave it a thought that I might hurt their feelings when I entered the gun store, as with 2091024 some members will agree me, that this issue is above hurt feeling. I don't I think I was disrespectful at all, I voiced my concerns and they asked me to leave which I did...yet, some of you have figured out some how that I was disrespectful....without even being there, you people need help!!!. I think those of you that say I was disrespectful for entering a man's business and letting him know that because he makes a living selling guns he should show us more respect by not lying about our activities ion TV.!!! , I cry foul!!! I have lived though too much to let any man do that to me whether it be in a business that he expects the public to enter or on a public sidewalk. There is a big difference between a man's home and a man's business and some of you have no idea of the difference.....

I am moving on, I was early but I wanted to thank 2091024 for his support in a post that has clearly been a dropping ground of negativity. I would say that if we were all seeking a common goal, 3/4 of these comments would not have showed up....

Why are you yelling? On the internet....

See the issue? You've yelled this entire post (!!!!!!!). So how did you act when actually confronted and told to leave? Maybe more !!!!!!!!s?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

twoskinsonemanns

perhaps, but you certainly do not do a little tit for tat on another's private property...well, maybe you would.

Shop open to the public seems like a good enough place. Although your condescension definitely has me rethinking my ways :rolleyes:

OC for ME

This thread reminds me of the CCW Vs OC debate. ;)
Sort of, ain't it.

To me, anyway, this is more a private property issue.

Not sure why folks believe they can go onto someone else's property and talk smack. Believe the owner must stand there and take the smacking, and when the owner don't the smacker then gets all bent outta shape when he gets kicked out for talking smack to a dude who ain't gunna take no smack.

Hill, and his opinion, is not a unknown entity in this state. The CC Industrial Complex is strong with him. Remember, constitutional carry is the death knell of the CC Industrial Complex..or so the chose to believe.

kcgunfan

In what should be everyone's opinion, your rights under the 1A do end at his front door. You see, that is private property, and is not bound by the First Amendment, as it should be. And he had not abused his 1A rights an any way. And the 2A doors not trump any other amendment in any fashion. Your protestations continue to get more indefensible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

logunowner

In what should be everyone's opinion, your rights under the 1A do end at his front door. You see, that is private property, and is not bound by the First Amendment, as it should be. And he had not abused his 1A rights an any way. And the 2A doors not trump any other amendment in any fashion. Your protestations continue to get more indefensible.

But, his front door does led to a public area, it leads to a very well defined public area upon which he has control, which he exercised his control and I followed his request. It really is that simple!!!!! In my opinion he had abused his 1A, by spewing falsehoods that undermined the subject matter of which he was being questioned by the reporter filling the general public with the idea that open carry is a problem in the Columbia area!!!!!! My stance on this subject is very defendable with logic and fact supported by well established law that commercial property is accessible by the public in which they are free to exercise their freedoms.
It is my experience that some people will lock onto a idea that they will defend even when faced with indisputable fact!!!

OC for ME

In your opinion my 1A stops at his front door, but my view has been from the beginning since he abused his 1A my 2A trumps his 1A!!!!
It is official, you have left liberty far behind. I'll leave you to your efforts to convince Mr. Hill to, in the future, exercise his 1A as you deem appropriate.

WalkingWolf

What type of business is his front door attached to?

If somebody came to my front door frothing at the mouth I would sick the dogs on them. Any aggression on their part would result in the greybar hotel after the meat wagon ride.

The constitution does not afford being a jack hole, on somebody's property.

Drytchnath

I'm still confused on what you thougt to accomplish by going into the store. Did you actually think that you could talk him or anyone else there into supporting OC? It seems to me that you went to cause a scene, unless I'm mistaken and you went to shop.

Some people will actually judge all of us by the actions of a few, just like some Americans think all muslims are terrorists. A group will always be judged first by the most extreme among them.

People here do support your stance, just not your actions. You are mixing those two up. You do have every right to do as you did, especially since you left as soon as you were asked but that doesn't mean most of us think it was a smart choice.

logunowner

"Any aggression on their part would result in the greybar hotel after the meat wagon ride."

This quote is a prime example of someone that has been part of an organization or this case a forum for so long that they feel they can exceed any limit of respect they so desire and that their opinion is the one that must be the final answer!!!

This discussion has really exceeded the limit of discussion with common sense people...

kcgunfan

You know, when the world seems set against you, it's likely a good idea to consider that you may be incorrect.

With that I'm out, because you appear to have an inability to believe that you could be in the wrong, so there is no rational basis to continue this discussion.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

"Any aggression on their part would result in the greybar hotel after the meat wagon ride."

This quote is a prime example of someone that has been part of an organization or this case a forum for so long that they feel they can exceed any limit of respect they so desire and that their opinion is the one that must be the final answer!!!

This discussion has really exceeded the limit of discussion with common sense people...

You get the respect you earn, and on my property act like an ass and you will be treated like an ass. YOUR choice.

logunowner

Earning respect is certainly a two way street!!!

So if I enter your place of BUSINESS and say something you don't agree with it " would result in the greybar hotel after the meat wagon ride." So much for respect, your discussion has become very alarming.....

Discussion is over for me as well!!!

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Your 1A stops at his front door. Be "right" from the sidewalk.

Ridiculous! Hey cannot take away my freedom of speech beyond his threshold. He can certainly demand I leave his property but that does not restrict my rights while I'm there.
A person can go into his business and tell him off and he can demand they leave and they must leave. Everyone in the right.

WalkingWolf

Ridiculous! Hey cannot take away my freedom of speech beyond his threshold. He can certainly demand I leave his property but that does not restrict my rights while I'm there.
A person can go into his business and tell him off and he can demand they leave and they must leave. Everyone in the right.

I beg to differ, the moment you are told to leave you need to high tail it, and shut up. Otherwise you can be charged with DC, and a restraining order leveled costing you your gun rights. Personally I wish we could just whip the tar out of A holes and leave them in the ditch, I think it works better.